Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

12 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Fair enough , I skipped the current gen so can't comment fully, just had it in my head it was closer to the right pic then left when I played at mates houses. To be honest though every generation looks mind blowingly good until you get another. I remember people saying PS2 was so close to real life and it would be hard to better it 😁

You’re not wrong there mate lol 

1 hour ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Having had my pre order cancelled, what’s everyone’s opinions on release date. Will many actually go on sale or will everywhere be sold out instantly. 

Everywhere sold out IMO.

Some will become available after a few (2-4) weeks IMO. Gonna try and get a bundle around Christmas time myself.

• Like 1

I've always found when consoles launch they are hard to get but if you put the work & time in you will get one. Ring & visit supermarkets, find out delivery times & get friendly with the staff. This is the first time I've preordered & I'm fortunate to have both coming.

1 hour ago, Brenfox said:

I've always found when consoles launch they are hard to get but if you put the work & time in you will get one. Ring & visit supermarkets, find out delivery times & get friendly with the staff. This is the first time I've preordered & I'm fortunate to have both coming.

Yeah if you want one you'll get one eventually, **** being that arsed though, I'll just stick with my laptop, the Xbox One and all the Sky Sports for an extra 6 weeks! I've got loads of annual leave left though, will save that for when I get a PS5, a week off is needed:ph34r:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/16/xbox-series-x-dashboard-only-runs-1080p-compared-to-4k-ps5-13431700/

lol

Not that it's a deal breaker, but it made me lol all the same.

I think it should stay 1080p, more memory to put towards the games no? I find it hilarious that a 4k UI is suddenly a talking point.

Sony clutching at straws here, I think they are feeling really threatened for the first time since the 360. MS now have the more powerful system at a better price point, a secondary more budget friendly option, gamepass, the Bethesda acquisition etc.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I think it should stay 1080p, more memory to put towards the games no? I find it hilarious that a 4k UI is suddenly a talking point.

Sony clutching at straws here, I think they are feeling really threatened for the first time since the 360. MS now have the more powerful system at a better price point, a secondary more budget friendly option, gamepass, the Bethesda acquisition etc.

Is it really more budget friendly? Nobody actually owns anything anymore. 
Im not sure being able to get a console on finance and the promise of some games that are still a long way off is enough to end Sonys dominance. That said i like both and I never really understand the passion and hatred from either side towards the other.

11 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Is it really more budget friendly? Nobody actually owns anything anymore. 
Im not sure being able to get a console on finance and the promise of some games that are still a long way off is enough to end Sonys dominance. That said i like both and I never really understand the passion and hatred from either side towards the other.

The Xbox Series S is the budget option which is £249, vs PS5 Digital Edition at £359

13 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

The Xbox Series S is the budget option which is £249, vs PS5 Digital Edition at £359

Xbox Series S isn’t really much of an upgrade from current gen, where as the PS5 digital edition is next gen just without a disk drive, which in my opinion justifies the price

Vastly different levels of console

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Xbox Series S isn’t really much of an upgrade from current gen, where as the PS5 digital edition is next gen just without a disk drive, which in my opinion justifies the price

Vastly different levels of console

Oh yeah I know - the PS5 Digital is just the PS5 without a disc tray, and the Xbox Series S is considerably less powerful than the X - however the Series S will still run all XSX games (but at 1080p rather than 4K), along with the same backwards compatibility as the X. Although visually it won't be quite as impressive as the Series X, it is still a brand new next-gen console available at an absolute snip of a price. Because the Series S won't need as high resolution textures for outputting at 1080p resolution, game installs and downloads are going to be smaller and faster as a result

Personally I think the PS5 Digital is pretty redundant - especially now it's emerged the console will only have roughly 620-640GB usable storage from the SSD. When you bear in mind COD: MW from the current generation (with all the patches and necessary DLC) is 200GB or so, god knows what some games will demand in the next year or so. That SSD will be full in no time

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Oh yeah I know - the PS5 Digital is just the PS5 without a disc tray, and the Xbox Series S is considerably less powerful than the X - however the Series S will still run all XSX games (but at 1080p rather than 4K), along with the same backwards compatibility as the X. Although visually it won't be quite as impressive as the Series X, it is still a brand new next-gen console available at an absolute snip of a price. Because the Series S won't need as high resolution textures for outputting at 1080p resolution, game installs and downloads are going to be smaller and faster as a result

Personally I think the PS5 Digital is pretty redundant - especially now it's emerged the console will only have roughly 620-640GB usable storage from the SSD. When you bear in mind COD: MW from the current generation (with all the patches and necessary DLC) is 200GB or so, god knows what some games will demand in the next year or so. That SSD will be full in no time

Is this legit?  Out of a 1TB SSD?  That's shocking if true, 360-380GB for the OS and bloatware... :blink:

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Is this legit?  Out of a 1TB SSD?  That's shocking if true, 360-380GB for the OS and bloatware... :blink:

It's 825GB total SSD, no idea why it wasn't 1TB, so 180-200GB estimated reserve for the OS/system files. That's from recent leaks, but I'd be surprised if the launch is much different from that

14 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Hopefully these storage limitations might make developers cut down on the install size of games.  I'm looking at your Warzone and Destiny 2.

The trouble is how popular DLC and battle pass systems are, a massive chunk of the audience now expects it - any game that gets regular updates is always going to need to hog up more storage. Now 4k is the standard, higher resolution textures are a necessity, overall map detail will be higher and 3D audio will undoubtedly require more storage too, so this is only going to get worse. For single-player games the size you download initially is roughly what the size will always be, but yeah certain games take the piss. Call of Duty demands a ludicrous amount of disk space, which always baffled me when you consider a game like GTAV takes up less space, yet has a massive world map, thousands of voiceovers, dozens of radio stations, all those vehicles and DLC skins etc

18 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Hopefully these storage limitations might make developers cut down on the install size of games.  I'm looking at your Warzone and Destiny 2.

Doubt it they’ll just release a massively overpriced ssd, not sure if it was for the Xbox or ps5 but I watched a video where they were saying a 2tb compatible ssd will nearly set you back as much as the console its self... the 1tb variant was quoted around £200.... either way it’s ridiculous it’s like bringing out the lastest iphone but only making an 8gb version available lol 

On 19/10/2020 at 16:45, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It's 825GB total SSD, no idea why it wasn't 1TB, so 180-200GB estimated reserve for the OS/system files. That's from recent leaks, but I'd be surprised if the launch is much different from that

It's because the PS5 SSD is faster than the xbox one. I think they are using a slightly better one that evidently cost more which resulted in them having to lower the size to make it fit price wise with the Xbox. 

• Like 1