Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

6 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

A gaming monitor will have a better refresh rate than a TV, so of the two id probably go for the monitor

Mmmmm...  I'm now looking at an LG 4k monitor that will do 60fps.

This one:

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/lg-24ud58-24-ips-4k-3840x2160-16_9-5ms-hdmi-dvi-monitor-24ud58/version.asp

Price is decent and there's a guy on YouTube who thinks its amazing with the ps4 pro.  One person mind.

Also this one:

https://www.ebuyer.com/883255-lg-27ul650-27-class-4k-uhd-ips-led-monitor-with-vesa-displayhdr-27ul650?_sgm_campaign=scn_875c3d7b02000&_sgm_source=883255&_sgm_action=click

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Just had a bit of luck with my preorder, I’d took a load of Xbox stuff to CEX to trade in for cash for my ps5. They’d offered me £90ish my elite 2 controller. Rang me today to say it had stick drift so they couldn’t take it, so I spoke to Amazon where I got it from and they said I can return it for the full £160. That pays for a game, just got to decide which one.

Docking stations are gash because if you leave your pad in their constantly, which is what they're designed for, you absolutely destroy the longevity of the battery life, and the headset is a standard jack I take it? In which case buying the official ps5 one is just abysmal value for money, get a turtle beach or something. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Docking stations are gash because if you leave your pad in their constantly, which is what they're designed for, you absolutely destroy the longevity of the battery life, and the headset is a standard jack I take it? In which case buying the official ps5 one is just abysmal value for money, get a turtle beach or something. 

interesting. I've had the dock for my PS4 Pro since I bought it quite a while ago and never noticed any battery life problems with either controller. Doesn't it just stop charging once it's full? Saying that, I probably spend up to 12 hours a week (max) gaming now so guess I'd never notice...

Got the 2.0 PS headset as well for £50 and I thought it was great. Each to their own I guess!

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Are turtle beach worth it? I use a bog standard headset which cost me like £25 but always wondered if the turtle beach ones were worth the coin.

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Are turtle beach worth it? I use a bog standard headset which cost me like £25 but always wondered if the turtle beach ones were worth the coin.

They're good headsets, and you can get one for pretty cheap. My overall point is just that you're much better off spending the same amount on a third party product with something like a headset, at least in my experience. Maybe the ps5 headset will be amazing and great value for money, just using the few first party headsets I have over the years theyve not been worth the asking price at all. 

• Like 1

On 26/09/2020 at 10:36, Legend_in_blue said:

Would you go with a 27" gaming monitor or a 27" TV?  I can't go bigger in my office space!  lol

On 28/09/2020 at 19:35, Legend_in_blue said:

After a fair bit of research, I've finally gone for the LG 27UL600.  I can do without the adjustable stand and it's 50 quid cheaper than the model which has it and comes in at under £300.  Sorted.

Should the PS5 consistently do 4k at 120fps I may have to upgrade, but this should see me through for the next few years.

Good choice for ps5 I think. You won't see over 60fps at 4k on ps5 with those specs so it's not a concern.

• Like 1

If there is one peripheral that is a rip off it’s head sets the mic and sound quality are awful for the prices of these things, either get one you like the look of or do some research some aren’t bad hyperx tend to have good sound quality mic is gash tho like the rest of em.

However having said that Sony are making a massive deal about the sound, I’d wait for reviews on their new one could be decent wouldn’t make sense making a massive deal about sound then making a poor quality headset to go along with it, just hold off. 

11 minutes ago, Christoph said:

The cost of the exclusives are putting me off a bit. £70 for a game is madness.  

I seem to remember that Resistance Fall of Man and Motorstorm were roughly £55 at launch on PS3.  There's always an element of being fleeced from the outset but over the course of the console's life, I always play clever on what I buy and when.  

usually i would have pre=ordered a PS5 straight the way, but i dont see the point in it at release, because there arent too manty games i want, the SDD isnt very big at all in all honesty(2TB SDD would have been better more expensive tho)rather change the inner SDD than an external, plus tjhere isnt a paddled controller or anything(like the back button attachment for the DS4), 

i saw more disadvatages than advantages which is a same but ill certainly get one some time next year tbf and i look forward to what everyone else thinks of it etc

14 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

**** paying that for a game, usually only Rockstar and Bethesda games are worth that IMO.

And by the sounds of it, if you have Xbox then at least you'll get the Bethesda games free on game pass. 

My preorder with Shopto didn't go through so i'm tempted to hold out and potentially get an Xbox instead. It's what I have now and play most on. 

Tempted to get PS5 once God of War 2 comes out. I like the look of Demon Souls a lot but not sure I want to pay all that money just to play it. Especially when you can get the xbox on finance for a pretty good deal. 

Edited by Christoph

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

And by the sounds of it, if you have Xbox then at least you'll get the Bethesda games free on game pass. 

My preorder with Shopto didn't go through so i'm tempted to hold out and potentially get an Xbox instead. It's what I have now and play most on. 

Tempted to get PS5 once God of War 2 comes out. I like the look of Demon Souls a lot but not sure I want to pay all that money just to play it. Especially when you can get the xbox on finance for a pretty good deal. 

I am tempted with the digital only Xbox but I think I'm just gonna get Bethesda games on PC because I'll be getting a gaming one at some point next year. Plus you can then mod then and replay them, it makes them a totally different game.

Out of about 10 of my main mates, only one has pre-ordered the PS so far, rest of us are holding out for bundles a little further down the line. I've never had a console on release day though, I imagine it'll be a pretty cool experience.

11 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

usually i would have pre=ordered a PS5 straight the way, but i dont see the point in it at release, because there arent too manty games i want, the SDD isnt very big at all in all honesty(2TB SDD would have been better more expensive tho)rather change the inner SDD than an external, plus tjhere isnt a paddled controller or anything(like the back button attachment for the DS4), 

i saw more disadvatages than advantages which is a same but ill certainly get one some time next year tbf and i look forward to what everyone else thinks of it etc

I think the issue they had was 1TB ssds are fairly cheap at around £80, but when you start going up to 2TB the price ramps up to around £220, so it would have made the console way too expensive

I've seen the 1TB addon space for the xbox series x is about £200 which is absolute extortion!

23 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I think the issue they had was 1TB ssds are fairly cheap at around £80, but when you start going up to 2TB the price ramps up to around £220, so it would have made the console way too expensive

I've seen the 1TB addon space for the xbox series x is about £200 which is absolute extortion!

You don't technically need to buy the new official Xbox hard drive, you can still use any external USB hard drive

You won't be able to play next-gen games off it, but what you do is basically download the next-gen game software onto the external hard drive, then when you want to play it, you move swap the software out with another game onto the internal storage

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/09/microsoft_explains_why_the_xbox_series_expansion_card_is_so_expensive

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

You don't technically need to buy the new official Xbox hard drive, you can still use any external USB hard drive

You won't be able to play next-gen games off it, but what you do is basically download the next-gen game software onto the external hard drive, then when you want to play it, you move swap the software out with another game onto the internal storage

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/09/microsoft_explains_why_the_xbox_series_expansion_card_is_so_expensive

Still think its a complete cash grab on Microsofts part, no need for it to be that expensive at all

I suspect they'll drop in price fairly quickly

Edited by MrSpaM