Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

59 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes, announcing the PS4 version for Horizon was an arrogant move by Sony imo, but they know they can do what they like.  Also, I'm expecting an outstanding sequel, but will it be as outstanding as it could be now it's being developed on PS4 and not solely PS5?  We'll probably end up with an upscaled pro version.

SimplyGames have guaranteed delivery on release day, so we shall see.  Decent company to deal with, as are ShopTo.  

From a commercial point of view it makes sense for those 2 games. When you've got such popular franchises you want to sell them on consoles with a massive install base and particularly when you're in the first year of a console where that install base will be small. Don't agree with Microsoft's decision to develop games on both gens for 2 years as it will definitely hold games back so I'd imagine that will happen here. Sure it will still be great (not that I've played the first one as I've got open world fatigue and will be trading in my PS4 soon)

I got my Xbox One from Shopto on release day but I had some big issue with them recently so I wouldn't want to get anything from there again. Just seen that Argos, Very and John Lewis are cancelling pre orders so I guess the production issues with PS5 were true.

And that's why I'm glad the Series X will be by primary console as it'll be nowhere near popular enough to sell out :D. Not that there's much point in getting it but my XB1 is on its last legs. Probably look at a PS5 next year, particularly when God of War 2 is out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I'll be very surprised if God Of War gets released next year. Spring 2021 at the earliest I'd have thought. 

lol

2021 is next year!

Currently debating whether or not to pre-order AC Valhalla on PS5.  Can't imagine there will be too much of a rush on the games, there should be plenty of stock available.  Extremely pricey as always at launch, Demon Souls is £70 :blink:

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

lol

2021 is next year!

Currently debating whether or not to pre-order AC Valhalla on PS5.  Can't imagine there will be too much of a rush on the games, there should be plenty of stock available.  Extremely pricey as always at launch, Demon Souls is £70 :blink:

I'm assuming it's got a free upgrade to PS5 so might as well get it on PS4 if it's cheaper.

Yeah the £70 is a lot. Think some are up to $70 dollars for this gen but will be stupid if that translates to pound sterling as standard. Actually saw that some of the first party games are €80 which is ridiculous.

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

£70 for a game? Jesus Christ, I'd forgotten how expensive they are when a new console is released.

Still not as expensive as some SNES games were back in the day, people are quick to forget how expensive games have been in the past and how much they've actually come down in price since the early 90's

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Does anyone on here have any experience running a PS4 off a gaming monitor?  Looking at switching to a monitor for PS5 since a TV upgrade will cost over £1200 for something too big.  I'm looking at anything up to £400 and around 28".

If its got an hdmi input it'll work

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Still not as expensive as some SNES games were back in the day, people are quick to forget how expensive games have been in the past and how much they've actually come down in price since the early 90's

I've still got a Sega magazine from about 1994 knocking around somewhere with a Special Reserve advert in it, and I swear Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the SNES was £59.99, which adjusted for inflation is just over £120 in today money

Factor in that games used to be developed much quicker, with much smaller teams, and didn't have to bother with any form of bug fixes, patching, DLC, server support etc. Gaming is far better value these days, as long as you're not a moron who plays pay-to-win or spends £700 a year on Fortnite costumes or FUT packs

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So I'm looking at 144hz monitors around 27".  Curved screen is what I'm angling towards.  1080p would appear to be a better option than 4k.  1440p is not out of the question either, the PS5 can do 1440p.  

Looks as though prices range from 240 ish to about 450.

I don't believe this has been confirmed yet? Be wary, the PS4 Pro doesn't support 1440p, it looks like total shit on my 1440p monitor. It just downscales to 1080 and it does not look good.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1

Can you game share on PS like you can on Xbox? Atm my and my brother only have to buy the digital game on my account and we can both play it (even at the same time) on both our Xbox One consoles.

https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/news/ps4-how-to-gameshare

EDIT: Found what I meant.

Hopefully it's available on PS5 consoles.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The thing that gets my goat about these new consoles more than anything is how totally inadequate the hard drives are, they should be minimum 2.5 tb, 825gb is an absolute farce 'just buy a bigger hard drive!', if I wanted to build a PC that's what I'd do.

The problem is, that volume of storage should be adequate, but due to bone idle developers it isn't. The days of people spending hours developing normal or bump maps for textures to allow reasonable file sizes is long gone as they can't be arsed.  Look at Warzone for instance, they released a game and then within 2 weeks deployed a 66GB patch.  I have this at work with people who use analysis tools, if you give someone more power, what they do is just become less efficient and get the tool to do more grunt work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Should you wish to preorder a second PS5, or missed out first time round, Amazon are releasing more stock tomorrow morning at some point.

Pretty much everywhere are from what I've seen. Currys, GAME and Smyths will all have more stock from tomorrow lunchtime. 

Hoping to get my ore order in tomorrow! 

41 minutes ago, Adster said:

Pretty much everywhere are from what I've seen. Currys, GAME and Smyths will all have more stock from tomorrow lunchtime. 

Hoping to get my ore order in tomorrow! 

If you can get a bundle, I'd go with Demon Souls.

I have narrowed down my monitor search to just a handful of screens.  I'm edging towards 144hz, 1080p, 24" (not 27" due to pixels stretching, although this seems to come down to personal preference) and IPS.  This gives me a main couple of choices, the AOC or the LG.  The LG is a flat panel whereas the AOC comes in a curved variant also.  Again would appear to be personal preference, but does anyone have a take on curved monitors?  

As for going full 4k, with hdmi 2.1 support, I'll pass for now.  Very little out there and costs a huge wedge to boot.

23 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If you can get a bundle, I'd go with Demon Souls.

I have narrowed down my monitor search to just a handful of screens.  I'm edging towards 144hz, 1080p, 24" (not 27" due to pixels stretching, although this seems to come down to personal preference) and IPS.  This gives me a main couple of choices, the AOC or the LG.  The LG is a flat panel whereas the AOC comes in a curved variant also.  Again would appear to be personal preference, but does anyone have a take on curved monitors?  

As for going full 4k, with hdmi 2.1 support, I'll pass for now.  Very little out there and costs a huge wedge to boot.

I dont think you need a 4k screen to enjoy the new games, the framerate difference is going to be much more noticeable than the resolution

• Like 1