Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

I’m interested in it. I think it’s s bit ugly but who cares? 

I had had the original XBox before going PS2 simply because of the games (Gradius and R-Type for example ). 

I know now a half decent PC would kick a consoles ass; I’m happy buying consoles though. 

I’ll let people scramble for it next Christmas then I’ll get one first quarter 2021. 

15 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Honestly don't get why people argue over what's the best. I've got an expensive PC and a bunch of consoles, each gets used for it's own purpose. :dunno:

I realise you probably think you're talking about me but I don't get it either.  Obviously a good PC will always run faster, smoother and significantly quieter.  It will also cost significantly more which is why consoles are so handy.  There is no argument to be had here and doing so is frankly childish. 

But it's fun winding up the people who get touchy about their few-hundred £ console not matching up to a machine worth many times that. :D  

19 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Honestly don't get why people argue over what's the best. I've got an expensive PC and a bunch of consoles, each gets used for it's own purpose. :dunno:

I think most people just get what their mates have. I honestly couldn't care if the PS4 is the better console (it probably is), it's pointless having it if all my mates have Xbox Ones.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Innovindil said:

I built a gaming pc, but honestly spend 95% of my gaming time on the switch in bed.

15 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I realise you probably think you're talking about me but I don't get it either.  Obviously a good PC will always run faster, smoother and significantly quieter.  It will also cost significantly more which is why consoles are so handy.  There is no argument to be had here and doing so is frankly childish. 

But it's fun winding up the people who get touchy about their few-hundred £ console not matching up to a machine worth many times that. :D  

I used to think that myself, but it's just not true. 

I'll probably be getting it, I had PS2, swapped over and got the Xbox 360 and then Xbox One mainly as I prefer the controller, but Xbox exclusives have been terrible this generation besides Forza/Horizon series. Unless Microsoft gives me a reason to stick with them (and not Gears of War 14 or Halo Yu-gi-oh 3.0) then I'll be switching

Weighing it up, I've got a crap 4K TV and 2 decent 1440p 144mhz monitors and for next generation I'm going to have to consider buying a new GPU.

I like to game on PC, but given what's rumoured for new PS5 and the fact I've got a young family... I may just get the console.

On 13/10/2019 at 06:43, somebum said:

Not so sure about that, not making direct comparisons but a GPU to run Ray Tracing and assuming 4k 60fps is going to set you back the price of a whole console, that's not considering the price for CPU, SSD, Mobo, RAM, PSU, case, cooling, accessories. At best I cannot see PS5 being more than £600... and even then that's at a push.

On 13/10/2019 at 06:43, somebum said:

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Not so sure about that, not making direct comparisons but a GPU to run Ray Tracing and assuming 4k 60fps is going to set you back the price of a whole console, that's not considering the price for CPU, SSD, Mobo, RAM, PSU, case, cooling, accessories. At best I cannot see PS5 being more than £600... and even then that's at a push.

Yeah I'm interested in what build specs and costings are being put forward here because a PC for console prices isn't going to be a very good performer.  A decent PC does so much more than a console though: It lets you seamlessly alt-tab from your game to a pokey message board, to a movie player, then back to where you left off in the game without needing to close anything.  If you have multiple monitors you can do all 3 at once.  You can run all sorts of editing programs, do office work and you have access to pretty much every PC game ever released instead of being limited to the current generation, not to mention a lot of games not released on PC if you're into emulators.

By comparison a console is a very singularly-focused machine which is mass produced in a way that allows them to significantly undercut a PC with similar graphical output, especially if they choose to sell at little to no mark-up to get units in homes and boost software sales.  Based on the specs of the AMD hardware I've read they're using it sounds like it will perform at a similar level to my 2060S/i7 combo which will be very impressive if they can keep the price around the generally accepted £500 entry point for new consoles.  You won't get a PC capable of ray tracing and 4k video for that price.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...