Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

The Xbox Series S is a serious option to buy alongside the PS5 and its superior exclusives imo.

For £250, the option to play some half decent exclusives may tempt me in the same way the 360 did.  Microsoft will have to offer more than just another Halo or Forza though for me to consider it.

I also think comparing a Xbox day one price with a PS5 day one price is a moot point.  Ultimately you will go with the games and as soon as Horizon hits, people will buy the PS5 whatever the price.  

Edited by Legend_in_blue

On 11/09/2020 at 19:32, Legend_in_blue said:

The Xbox Series S is a serious option to buy alongside the PS5 and its superior exclusives imo.

For £250, the option to play some half decent exclusives may tempt me in the same way the 360 did.  Microsoft will have to offer more than just another Halo or Forza though for me to consider it.

I also think comparing a Xbox day one price with a PS5 day one price is a moot point.  Ultimately you will go with the games and as soon as Horizon hits, people will buy the PS5 whatever the price.  

Have to disagree here. Price is a huge aspect with any new console or piece of tech. You'll have your die hard fans who will buy come what may. But your normal gamer will be swayed by price, games and the console their friends buy.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Have to disagree here. Price is a huge aspect with any new console or piece of tech. You'll have your die hard fans who will buy come what may. But your normal gamer will be swayed by price, games and the console their friends buy.

In order to make the most out of either console, they are a fraction of what a decent TV will cost.  £250 is peanuts compared to a decent screen.

8 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

are we going to see gta 6 at launch, been in the making since RD2 and been rumors of it being a timed exclusive for ps5 launch 

No chance, GTA V (five) is still being worked on for PS5 and XSX, and that's not coming out until 2021. If GTA VI was even a year from release, Rockstar would have teased something by now

I think it's massively telling that Dan Houser and Lazlow both left Rockstar this year, both as writers/producers I would make an educated guess that both were sick of Rockstar's focus on GTA Online - as big a money-maker as it is, it's blatantly obvious that support for it requires most of the Rockstar studios available. Maintenance must be massive, and they are constantly churning out new content for it so I doubt they would focus more resources on developing GTA VI until it's evident that GTA Online isn't bringing in the money any more. Dan Houser basically wrote/co-wrote and acted as producer on pretty much every Rockstar game since GTA 2, and Lazlow has helped write/produce/voicework for every GTA since III, plus RDR and Max Payne 3. I imagine both of their inputs since GTA V launched have massively dwindled. Between the ongoing support for GTA Online, plus studios working on next-gen ports of GTA V, I wouldn't be surprised if work for GTA VI is put completely on the backburner while the teams work the ins and outs of the new console generations' potential. 

Massive shame the way it's all gone (unless you love GTA Online and are happy to keep playing the same setting over and over). DMA/Rockstar North invented a genre, then re-invented it in 3D making the most ground-breaking game in years in GTA III, quickly followed by Vice City, then San Andreas, which I'd still class in my top 3 games of all time. Using that engine we had Bully (another fantastic game) and The Warriors, GTA Liberty City and Vice City Stories, then GTA IV came out. Although I'd class IV as a step back, at least we had DLC which basically offered 2 new games in the same setting. GTA V has been out for 7 years, and the story mode has had pretty much zero support in that time, besides a small handful of throwaway missions that were added for the Xbox One/PS4 versions

• Like 1

On 13/09/2020 at 12:36, whoareyaaa said:

are we going to see gta 6 at launch, been in the making since RD2 and been rumors of it being a timed exclusive for ps5 launch 

Nahh they have already announced that they are releasing a free version of GTA 5 online in 2021 on PS5

33 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Not sure how legit this is but seen an article saying a store in Spain had listed the PS5 prices, didn’t think much of it then just came across this on twitter. 

541487AB-2E8E-4602-8B17-BDD87B34BC69.png

Yea that's what youtubers are predicting for the PS5.

Not likely to be more expensive than the Xbox X at 499. With the digital version being 100 more than the Xbox S due to the fact both PS consoles have the same power whereas the cheaper Xbox S is weaker than the Xbox X

Personally I like to trade games in so I will be looking at the more expensive PS5. Xbox can get in the bin

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Yea that's what youtubers are predicting for the PS5.

Not likely to be more expensive than the Xbox X at 499. With the digital version being 100 more than the Xbox S due to the fact both PS consoles have the same power whereas the cheaper Xbox S is weaker than the Xbox X

Personally I like to trade games in so I will be looking at the more expensive PS5. Xbox can get in the bin

Agreed, find much more value in games buying them from CEX then trading them back in when I’m done. 
Also digital game prices always seem to be significantly more expensive than the disc price which seems crazy to me. 
I think if you bought the digital to save a few quid, you’ll have given it back in games costing more within a year. Definitely the disc console for me. 

I agree on digital games although my past few purchases have all been under a fiver.

It will take a lot of time for these new titles to reach that kind of price though.  lol

I still think the cheap xbox is the way to go to top up your gaming library alongside the better titles available on PS5 but this comes down to there being anything worthwhile to buy and finding time for both consoles.  That gameplay demo of Halo was hardly inspiring for example.

Out of interest, who would pick up the "light" version of the new consoles and who will go for the full fat versions? I'm not sure I'd be OK going without a disk drive, if Modern Warfare is anything to go buy new games are going to be 2/300GB as standard this generation see even with a TB hard drive that's 3/4 games until you're buggered and have to buy more storage, probably wiping out the saving you made in the first place. 

Also with the Xbox offering of 1440p vs 4K, I know 1440p would look great especially on a big TV but there would always be that part of you that knew if could look even better. So I guess I've answered my own question there lol  

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Out of interest, who would pick up the "light" version of the new consoles and who will go for the full fat versions? I'm not sure I'd be OK going without a disk drive, if Modern Warfare is anything to go buy new games are going to be 2/300GB as standard this generation see even with a TB hard drive that's 3/4 games until you're buggered and have to buy more storage, probably wiping out the saving you made in the first place. 

Also with the Xbox offering of 1440p vs 4K, I know 1440p would look great especially on a big TV but there would always be that part of you that knew if could look even better. So I guess I've answered my own question there lol  

Full-fat - the idea of missing out on the best graphics wouldn't bother me that much, but the fact that digital downloads are almost always more expensive than the disc versions at launch would put me right off. The only time I download games is when they're on sale, otherwise I always get the disc - and then you've got the option of selling it on as well

However, if it turns out I bought the Xbox Series X, then a year or two down the line there's 2 or 3 PS5 exclusives that I really want, I like the idea of being able to get the cheapo option for the secondary console 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This article just released suggests they have the same size SSD. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/09/16/ps5-console-box-contents-model-numbers-leaked-digital-edition-825gb-ssd-13278781/amp/

3 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Hmmm yeah 825 GB isn't going to last very long is it.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

As someone that doesn't have a 4k tele and that buys all his games digitally the "light" version of the xbox is music to my ears.