Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

lol

Since I refuse to pay £50 for TLOU2, it might be a while until I get the PS5.

are you really tight for money? i just buy them for 50 then flog them on ebay a week later. ok i lose about 8 quid but it's worth it just to play the games

2 hours ago, don_danbury said:

are you really tight for money? i just buy them for 50 then flog them on ebay a week later. ok i lose about 8 quid but it's worth it just to play the games

Gone are the days when I can turn around a game within a week.  I don't have the time.

5 years on and I still haven't finished Witcher 3 lol

I haven't spent more than 30 quid on a game in ages.  

Although having said that, as soon as Horizon 2 is released, I'll buy the console and the game without question.  😆

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

There's some sort of online event on Thursday but I read yesterday that the purpose of this is just to focus on the games and nothing else.

Sony doing as they always do, focus on the games.  

Microsoft quoting this and that with their figures on the specs for the new Xbox, some guy called Gabe says buy one and then they claim their new Halo runs at 120 fps - so what? - the game looks terrible.  Their last event was a shambles.  

They'll reveal the price at an event this month I read earlier.

Feels like I've missed out on so much because I just don't get the time to play two different consoles. I've never played any of the following games/series:

• Uncharted
  • God of War
  • Spiderman
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • GT5 & 6

Plus there's loads of old PS1 and PS2 games that I've not played for years but there on the PS Classics store I believe.

I should have made it clear that I only have an Xbox One. But yeah I was just pointing out that by only having the time for one console, you miss out on so many great games, it's a shame.

I miss The Warriors from PS2 the most, fantastic game. Destruction Derby is up there too, although I know this was released on the PS Classic in 2018.

On 04/08/2020 at 11:01, Legend_in_blue said:

There's some sort of online event on Thursday but I read yesterday that the purpose of this is just to focus on the games and nothing else.

Sony doing as they always do, focus on the games.  

Microsoft quoting this and that with their figures on the specs for the new Xbox, some guy called Gabe says buy one and then they claim their new Halo runs at 120 fps - so what? - the game looks terrible.  Their last event was a shambles.  

Did you actually watch the Xbox showcase? The entire thing was put towards games and the games being produced. 

Sony and Microsoft are 2 sides of the same coin, both do the exact same things, don't pretend either are different 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/09/2020 at 19:19, Legend_in_blue said:

Looks as though I'll be able to finally complete this game... on PS5 lol

https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/best-tech-deals/a33925081/witcher-3-wild-hunt-ps-5-xbox-series-x-free-upgrade/

Not a surprise from Projekt Red as they've always come across as a decent company. Delaying Cyberpunk to not kill their staff was a pleasent move. 

Slightly off topic, but if you want the next gen upgrade for Control you need to buy the "Ultimate Edition", which is the base game plus DLCs. As someone who owns the base game and the DLCs, I don't get the upgrade without buying the "ultimate edition". I've got it on PC so technically not a problem for me, but pretty poor on them. It's a shame as it's an incredible game and one of the few that actually uses ray tracing well and would benefit from a next gen upgrade. 

https://www.whathifi.com/us/news/xbox-series-s-is-finally-official-costs-dollar299

Xbox have released information about their new console.

I thought it was better to stick it in here rather than make a new thread, least people can compare while reading about both. I think I'll be making the switch over to Sony for the first time in 14 years though, a few of my mates are the same, we just fancy a change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.whathifi.com/us/news/xbox-series-s-is-finally-official-costs-dollar299

Xbox have released information about their new console.

I thought it was better to stick it in here rather than make a new thread, least people can compare while reading about both. I think I'll be making the switch over to Sony for the first time in 14 years though, a few of my mates are the same, we just fancy a change.

Why is that making you change? The Series S is the low end model with less power, no 4k or disc tray but will cost £249 at launch and still run all Xbox Series X games. The Xbox Series X will have noticeably more power than PS5 and rumoured to be costing £400-450 at launch

I still don't know whether I'm going for XSX or PS5, but the announcement of Xbox's budget option and its very affordable pricing is a great option for people who don't want to shell out for the full-fat Series X but still access the same catalogue

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Why is that making you change? The Series S is the low end model with less power, no 4k or disc tray but will cost £249 at launch and still run all Xbox Series X games. The Xbox Series X will have noticeably more power than PS5 and rumoured to be costing £400-450 at launch

I still don't know whether I'm going for XSX or PS5, but the announcement of Xbox's budget option and its very affordable pricing is a great option for people who don't want to shell out for the full-fat Series X but still access the same catalogue

Just fancy something different to be honest mate. Out of about 30 of us we're all split in half, I think the PS lads will stay with PS, so the rest of us may as well jump over. I know a lot of people talk about power, graphics and all that, but for me I want something I can jump on for an hour or two a week with my mates and have a life, not much else matters to me, except maybe the exclusives, I'll miss Forza for sure!

I haven't made my mind up fully, but I am definitely leaning towards PS as it stands. The £249 option is great though, I wonder if they'll bump the prices of gamepass and stuff up after a couple of years, once everyone has bought the digital only console?

37 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Just fancy something different to be honest mate. Out of about 30 of us we're all split in half, I think the PS lads will stay with PS, so the rest of us may as well jump over. I know a lot of people talk about power, graphics and all that, but for me I want something I can jump on for an hour or two a week with my mates and have a life, not much else matters to me, except maybe the exclusives, I'll miss Forza for sure!

I haven't made my mind up fully, but I am definitely leaning towards PS as it stands. The £249 option is great though, I wonder if they'll bump the prices of gamepass and stuff up after a couple of years, once everyone has bought the digital only console?

It's a possibility, but Microsoft make most of their money elsewhere so I doubt they'd start ripping people off and risk damaging the brand

I'd be happy to stay with Xbox as I like the interface and controller more than PS4, have had no problems with Xbox Live and not even had any problems with my launch Xbox One. But most of my friends just have PS4 and would probably be getting PS5 - it'd be nice to hear if cross-platform games are going to making more of cross-play, so it wouldn't really matter which you buy in that respect. Exclusives are a different thing and Sony ran away with it this generation

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Swapping is a nightmare innit, because its all backward compatible now so my entire library is PS2/3/4 so PS5 it is.

I've thought about this, but I can't say I've played any Xbox 360 games on Xbox One really, only MW2 and Trials HD I think.

It would be nice to play some PS classics that I've missed out on again, like Destruction Derby or The Warriors.

On 08/09/2020 at 13:51, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've thought about this, but I can't say I've played any Xbox 360 games on Xbox One really, only MW2 and Trials HD I think.

It would be nice to play some PS classics that I've missed out on again, like Destruction Derby or The Warriors.

I bought an Xbox One to mainly play older games and only ended up playing the Fable series

I did play a fair few games on Game Pass but I can just do that on my PC anyway

7 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Getting annoying the lack of info. Just announce it already. What are they waiting for? X Box have released their price and release date. 

Is it normally this close to release that they announce the price etc? Cant remember the PS4 release.

PS4 price was announced in June and released in November the year it came out

• Like 1