Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Forspoken looks decent.  The Skywalker saga is out next month, might get that lol

Ghostwire Tokyo end of this month and then Skywalker Saga next month, then after that I think releases actually finally slow down a bit, getting quite a back log

Barely touched Horizon the past week or 2 because I got back into Pokemon Legends Arceus, still just in no mans land lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Ghostwire Tokyo end of this month and then Skywalker Saga next month, then after that I think releases actually finally slow down a bit, getting quite a back log

Barely touched Horizon the past week or 2 because I got back into Pokemon Legends Arceus, still just in no mans land lol

I just took out the Tremortusk on the mains which was tough on hard.  Also then went and did a random side mission up a huge mountain which I thought wouldn't take long, it did, and took out one of those Frostclaws in a lengthy battle on hard.  Gameplay cannot be faulted on these drawn out battles, the challenge is great.  The stalkers are also great.  One of my favourite enemies from the original.

I've barely touched it either and I've done close to 30 hours now.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I just took out the Tremortusk on the mains which was tough on hard.  Also then went and did a random side mission up a huge mountain which I thought wouldn't take long, it did, and took out one of those Frostclaws in a lengthy battle on hard.  Gameplay cannot be faulted on these drawn out battles, the challenge is great.  The stalkers are also great.  One of my favourite enemies from the original.

I've barely touched it either and I've done close to 30 hours now.

That Tremortusk was horrific. I must have tried 30 odd times before I realised there was a cannon to use nearby.

1 hour ago, Brenfox said:

That Tremortusk was horrific. I must have tried 30 odd times before I realised there was a cannon to use nearby.

lol

I didn't see the cannon until after the fight. 

I kept running from side to side past the ruin trying to use that for cover and keep the machine as fixed as possible to its starting position.  Once the explosive sack was destroyed, it went down OK but took some beating.  I like how some enemies are currently as challenging as they were in the end game of the Frozen Wilds expansion.  

So ive gone and downloaded Resident Evil 7 from the Playstation Plus library. Never played it but have played all previous RE games so its nice to return to a series i know and play a game i havent played yet. 

I was going to play Horizon on the hardest setting but i may try it after RE7. Now i have got the platinum i feel like there no point playing it again until DLC comes out

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

So ive gone and downloaded Resident Evil 7 from the Playstation Plus library. Never played it but have played all previous RE games so its nice to return to a series i know and play a game i havent played yet. 

I was going to play Horizon on the hardest setting but i may try it after RE7. Now i have got the platinum i feel like there no point playing it again until DLC comes out

RE7 is brilliant, probably the scariest/creepiest of all the RE games

A shame it has moved away from zombies now but still a very fun and very good game

46 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

RE7 is brilliant, probably the scariest/creepiest of all the RE games

A shame it has moved away from zombies now but still a very fun and very good game

Im a couple of hours in and i wasnt expecting this style of game. Wandering around this house with the family chasing after me. Doesnt really feel like a RE game at all. Im kinda on the fence as to if i can be bothered to continue. In VR i could see it being really good.

I saw a trophy that you get if you complete the game in under 4 hours. Another reason why im not sure i can be bothered if its short, tells me there are no real boss fights etc just find the key to get through the door then onto the next one. 

37 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Im a couple of hours in and i wasnt expecting this style of game. Wandering around this house with the family chasing after me. Doesnt really feel like a RE game at all. Im kinda on the fence as to if i can be bothered to continue. In VR i could see it being really good.

I saw a trophy that you get if you complete the game in under 4 hours. Another reason why im not sure i can be bothered if its short, tells me there are no real boss fights etc just find the key to get through the door then onto the next one. 

It is probably about a 10 hour or so game, with a some boss fights thrown in, there is one not too long into the game not sure if you may have done that one yet

43 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

It's horrible in VR. 

Didn't get very far into it at all as was just too creepy. 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

It gets better after you've dealt with the lunatics in the house.

People can speed run a 25 hour game in under an hour sometimes with all their crazy techniques, I never pay too much attention to trophies like that. Last guardian there is a trophy for completing the game in under 5 hours (don't quote me but pretty sure there is) and I've played through that game quite a few times and always been over 10 hours, I dunno who tf is making trico follow commands so well they can complete the game that fast, fair play to them! 

On 11/03/2022 at 15:20, Legend_in_blue said:

It gets better after you've dealt with the lunatics in the house.

I have persevered and I am enjoying it. I am now on a wrecked ship chasing after Eveline. I'll do 1 play through, doubt I will do it again lol. Couple of times it's made me jump. VR I don't think I could handle that lol

• Like 1

On 11/03/2022 at 13:55, kingcarr21 said:

I would defiantly suggest pushing through the first part of the game, later it becomes a lot more open and more like an older resident evil game, and there are plenty of boss battles

The game in VR is on another level though, horror movies and games generally don't have any effect on me, but RE7 in VR had me absolutely shitting myself

Edited by MrSpaM

51 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I would defiantly suggest pushing through the first part of the game, later it becomes a lot more open and more like an older resident evil game, and there are plenty of boss battles

The game in VR is on another level though, horror movies and games generally don't have any effect on me, but RE7 in VR had me absolutely shitting myself

I ended up completing it lol Took just under 7 hours. Granted it was on Easy mode as i was just happy to play the story. I can imagine VR would be absolutely horrible. Not a bad game for a quick blast and its made me want to play RE Village. 

I'm at 35 hours on Horizon now and have just opened up the arena.  No chance with the first battle on hard.  I will lower the difficulty to get past these challenges, obtain higher level gear and then go back to hard.  Otherwise I'll still be stuck here in another 35 hours at this rate lol

Spending loads of time doing random stuff.  Vegas looks interesting from a distance away, might head out there and follow the story more later this week.

7 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm at 35 hours on Horizon now and have just opened up the arena.  No chance with the first battle on hard.  I will lower the difficulty to get past these challenges, obtain higher level gear and then go back to hard.  Otherwise I'll still be stuck here in another 35 hours at this rate lol

Spending loads of time doing random stuff.  Vegas looks interesting from a distance away, might head out there and follow the story more later this week.

I didnt even find the arena until after i finished the game. Just keep doing side quests and you will come across amazing gear naturally. You dont even need to touch the arena to get platinum trophy. Though they say the best bow in the game is at the arena.

Ive got past the Embassy. Its all about stealth in Very Hard mode. Carefully pick off enemies with silent strike and avoid conflict wherever possible. Only died a couple of times. Been going to burrower sites just to get the easy XP and get as many skill points as possible. Im doing side quests so quickly with skipping all the cut scenes

On 15/03/2022 at 13:57, kingcarr21 said:

I ended up completing it lol Took just under 7 hours. Granted it was on Easy mode as i was just happy to play the story. I can imagine VR would be absolutely horrible. Not a bad game for a quick blast and its made me want to play RE Village. 

Would really suggest playing village, it's a lot more action than 7, and is a longer game as well. Really enjoyed my playthrough of that

On 16/03/2022 at 08:00, kingcarr21 said:

I didnt even find the arena until after i finished the game. Just keep doing side quests and you will come across amazing gear naturally. You dont even need to touch the arena to get platinum trophy. Though they say the best bow in the game is at the arena.

Ive got past the Embassy. Its all about stealth in Very Hard mode. Carefully pick off enemies with silent strike and avoid conflict wherever possible. Only died a couple of times. Been going to burrower sites just to get the easy XP and get as many skill points as possible. Im doing side quests so quickly with skipping all the cut scenes

Every side quest in this game has been superb so far.  

Just done the radio transmitter signal one where you get the decent spike thrower at the end.  Before that took out the rockbreaker in the tunnel clearing mission.  I'm almost 40 hours and am ready to go to Vegas but am doing a load of stuff which is getting in the way of doing that instead.  

April's releases will have to wait, can't put this down.

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Every side quest in this game has been superb so far.  

Just done the radio transmitter signal one where you get the decent spike thrower at the end.  Before that took out the rockbreaker in the tunnel clearing mission.  I'm almost 40 hours and am ready to go to Vegas but am doing a load of stuff which is getting in the way of doing that instead.  

April's releases will have to wait, can't put this down.

Im getting through very hard mode quite nicely, so far it's not been too difficult. Especially with braceshot, get a few hits off then smoke bomb if needed, go back in hiding and wait for Braceshot again. I'm actually thinking about stopping, I would be more invested if I needed to do it for platinum but with that already in the bag I'm thinking its a bit pointless. It's all still really fresh in the mind. Need something knew to play

23 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Would really suggest playing village, it's a lot more action than 7, and is a longer game as well. Really enjoyed my playthrough of that

I will look at Village once it goes down in price. Might buy RE4. Always loved that game and not played it in years

On 18/03/2022 at 14:51, moore_94 said:

Have you played the new RE2 and RE3?

I haven't played them yet, tbh I kinda skipped the originals. I played the first RE then dabbled on 2 and 3 but never really got back into it until Code Veronica on Dreamcast and then RE4. I'll have to take a look at them.

I was looking through the PlayStation store and saw a game called Greedfall. Only cost £8 so giving that a go

• Like 2