Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

Latest update for Horizon is out and the photo mode is now fully working with no blurry edges on different poses.

That's the only persistent problem I've had alongside the firegleam markers that will not clear off the map once done.  They've acknowledged that but are still working on it.  

Can't be having cleared areas still showing on an open world map!  

I have to say for an open world game the game is well polished, Guerilla Games are a superb bunch of devs.  High degree of detail and thought gone into this with no problems experienced at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Latest update for Horizon is out and the photo mode is now fully working with no blurry edges on different poses.

That's the only persistent problem I've had alongside the firegleam markers that will not clear off the map once done.  They've acknowledged that but are still working on it.  

Can't be having cleared areas still showing on an open world map!  

I have to say for an open world game the game is well polished, Guerilla Games are a superb bunch of devs.  High degree of detail and thought gone into this with no problems experienced at all.

I noticed the fire gleams weren't disappearing off the map. Annoying but not the end of the world.

Ive not got Demeter but havent taken it to base yet. Still unlocking more of the map. Seriously some of these machines i think to myself how will you take them down in hard mode lol. Im actually quite looking forward to trying the game out in the hardest setting. 

All my weapons are purple. Though im still finding some fights a challenge it is getting easier now. Happy to stick with Normal mode though and finish the game. Just a shame work gets in the way lol 

8 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I noticed the fire gleams weren't disappearing off the map. Annoying but not the end of the world.

Ive not got Demeter but havent taken it to base yet. Still unlocking more of the map. Seriously some of these machines i think to myself how will you take them down in hard mode lol. Im actually quite looking forward to trying the game out in the hardest setting. 

All my weapons are purple. Though im still finding some fights a challenge it is getting easier now. Happy to stick with Normal mode though and finish the game. Just a shame work gets in the way lol 

This guy, the shellsnapper?

He was tough on hard lol

I thought I'd clear up the sides before heading west from the base and then this guy jumps you outta nowhere.  Took me a while on hard and the fight was way more aggressive than shown here in this video.  There are weak points on the corners of the rear of its shell.  But when it buries and leaps up and over you out of the ground in real time, quality.

10 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This guy, the shellsnapper?

He was tough on hard lol

I thought I'd clear up the sides before heading west from the base and then this guy jumps you outta nowhere.  Took me a while on hard and the fight was way more aggressive than shown here in this video.  There are weak points on the corners of the rear of its shell.  But when it buries and leaps up and over you out of the ground in real time, quality.

You have plenty of harder fights coming up lol. I can imagine smoke bombs being essential in the harder difficulties. As a straight up fight i doubt you end up on top. For me its almost time for Hephaestus. Still plenty of the map to uncover and i am now able to deal with metal flowers so im backtracking a bit now

On 04/03/2022 at 07:35, kingcarr21 said:

You have plenty of harder fights coming up lol. I can imagine smoke bombs being essential in the harder difficulties. As a straight up fight i doubt you end up on top. For me its almost time for Hephaestus. Still plenty of the map to uncover and i am now able to deal with metal flowers so im backtracking a bit now

24 hours in and still haven't explored west of the base.  Put a load of points into the hunter and infiltrator skill trees and feel overpowered on the enemies around this location (now lvl 20).  Breezed through the two training grounds, all smaller enemy types easy, rebels easy, hard difficulty is becoming easy, even took the two stalkers on one of the sides, no problems.  Feeling confident, thought I'd go for the thunderjaw.  Took a heavy weapon from the nearby base, thought I'd stand a chance.  Killed me in one hit lol

I want to do the cauldron in this area before moving on though so will go there next.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

24 hours in and still haven't explored west of the base.  Put a load of points into the hunter and infiltrator skill trees and feel overpowered on the enemies around this location (now lvl 20).  Breezed through the two training grounds, all smaller enemy types easy, rebels easy, hard difficulty is becoming easy, even took the two stalkers on one of the sides, no problems.  Feeling confident, thought I'd go for the thunderjaw.  Took a heavy weapon from the nearby base, thought I'd stand a chance.  Killed me in one hit lol

I want to do the cauldron in this area before moving on though so will go there next.

Ive cleared most of the map now, finished all cauldrons and the salvage contracts. Im trying to leave the main story as much as possible but i think i need to progress some more now. Level 48

• Like 2

I thought I'd grown out of Gran Turismo but after spending 20 hours playing GT7 over the weekend, I'm right back in love with it. 

Only downside to it is that it's brought my Horizon playthrough to a complete halt. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Amin said:

I thought I'd grown out of Gran Turismo but after spending 20 hours playing GT7 over the weekend, I'm right back in love with it. 

Only downside to it is that it's brought my Horizon playthrough to a complete halt. 

I'm tempted to get one of the wheel packages and this as never had one before. I do like a good racing game and not played one for a long time! 

1 hour ago, syston_fox said:

I'm tempted to get one of the wheel packages and this as never had one before. I do like a good racing game and not played one for a long time! 

I’ve been talking myself out of 1k ish sim set ups all weekend ffs. 

I’m loving doing the licenses, bringing back memories as a kid, a couple are really frustrating. Just doing the final exam in IB atm. 

16 hours ago, Amin said:

I have been massively underwhelmed by the PS5 until getting GT7. 

The first game I've played that actually looks & feels next gen.

Incredible.

As for Horizon, I have found that it was always good graphically but every car sounded & felt like it had the same engine. Felt it became very repetitive.

22 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I have been massively underwhelmed by the PS5 until getting GT7. 

The first game I've played that actually looks & feels next gen.

Incredible.

As for Horizon, I have found that it was always good graphically but every car sounded & felt like it had the same engine. Felt it became very repetitive.

Suspect he was talking about Horizon West, and not Forza Horizon? Have you not tried Miles Morales on PS5? That is a de facto PS5 game for sure.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Suspect he was talking about Horizon West, and not Forza Horizon? Have you not tried Miles Morales on PS5? That is a de facto PS5 game for sure.

Ahh, I havent heard of that one.

I've not ever tried that one no, is that the one that was released as almost the PS5 show piece? 

• Like 1

Been playing Gran Turismo since Sunday, not had a racing game grip me like this in a long time, feels like playing GT2 all over again. Loving the customization you can do on the cars

Just finished getting all the licenses yesterday.

That S license is no joke, couple of the tests nearly had me throwing my controller through my tv lol The F1 test and the last one in particular

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 1

The more I play Horizon FW, the more it becomes clear that it is a complete and utter travesty that it has not scored an average in the 90s on Metacritic.  The open world is fantastic.  It's way better than any of Ubisoft's offerings and it's the best open world game since Witcher 3 in terms of immersion.  Generally, it's the best game I have played since ermmm.., the last one? lol

The only thing that may hold it back, in comparison to the original, is the overarching story line, everything else is improved over what was already a great game.

Just ventured further west in search of the first subroutine.  Almost 30 hours in.  

18 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Can pre-load GTA on PS5 right now

Online is free, can buy the full game for £8.75

I want this again, but I've gone from X360 to Xbox One, to PS5, so assuming that means I've gotta pay full price again? If so I'm refusing to do so. Want to transfer my online data over too, is this possible?

I reckon this will look pretty good on PS5 for what it's worth, but not enough to justify the full price.

Ghostwire Tokyo and Forspoken the standouts obviously

Thought we were getting a new Dino Crisis after the first few seconds of Exoprimal talking about dinosaurs, just looks like a bit of hoard fighting game? Dinosaurs though so may give it a go lol

Other than the 3 mentioned above, and maybe Valkyrie Elysium which looks alright, nothing else really peaked my interested

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ghostwire Tokyo and Forspoken the standouts obviously

Thought we were getting a new Dino Crisis after the first few seconds of Exoprimal talking about dinosaurs, just looks like a bit of hoard fighting game? Dinosaurs though so may give it a go lol

Other than the 3 mentioned above, and maybe Valkyrie Elysium which looks alright, nothing else really peaked my interested

Forspoken looks decent.  The Skywalker saga is out next month, might get that lol