Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

Prediction: Instead of spending 15-20m getting Bowen we will splash that buying that lamp post from Southampton lol

It's crazy. I was convinced we needed another winger in the last window. Granted we have done miles better than I thought but it's still blatantly obvious that we need a quality option for the RW. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's crazy. I was convinced we needed another winger in the last window. Granted we have done miles better than I thought but it's still blatantly obvious that we need a quality option for the RW. 

Do you think the Vestergaard rumours are a bit of a red herring to bring in an amazing signing on the Quiet or is it really us going for a CB who’s not as good as we have already ?😉:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Not sure what all the hassle is about personally? Of course I want us to strengthen this window but if we don’t then it doesn’t matter. 

This squad has got us in the top 4 of the prem, into a cup semi-final & still competing in the fa cup. That’s some success already. 

Financially let the other clubs pay over the price, it allows us to have more money in the kitty come the summer compared to the teams in a similar position to us. 

Chill out.

100% this. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Do you think the Vestergaard rumours are a bit of a red herring to bring in an amazing signing on the Quiet or is it really us going for a CB who’s not as good as we have already ?😉:ph34r:

I'm not really too fussed about the Vestegaard rumours. I mean, it doesn't fill me with joy but being 3rd choice at best, all going well he wont get much game time. 

The RW position is the one in the starting 11 that needs improved on. I just dont understand why it's being ignored. 

• Like 1

If Bowen goes for below £25 mil, and we don't bring nobody in, we've had a bit of a mare there.

Nothing fee nowadays, for a player who's clearly more of a threat than Albrighton/Gray, so a clear improvement for the squad.

High on confidence, scores goals, would be our main attacking threat with Iheanacho off the bench.

There's no way spending £25-30 million now should somehow mean we have to remove that money from our budget in the summer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Majority of the foreign players apparently begging their agents to get them moves out of China asap

Anyone else we could nab?

Oscar, El Shaaraway, Eder, Hamsik, Hulk, Alex Texiera, Talisca, Rafael Silva, Rondon ?!? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not really too fussed about the Vestegaard rumours. I mean, it doesn't fill me with joy but being 3rd choice at best, all going well he wont get much game time. 

The RW position is the one in the starting 11 that needs improved on. I just dont understand why it's being ignored. 

Maybe we’ve identified a target and don’t feel the need to splash £20m as a bit part replacement for 20 odd games. 

Maybe we’d rather wait until the summer. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Posts like this really annoy me. 

How do you know we are ignoring it, just because we haven't signed one? 

Do you know or understand the complexities behind trying get quality players into a football club, particularly in January? 

How do you know we're not in for Bowen, just because the media hasn't mentioned our name?

How do you know if we might be casting our net out for a better winger in the summer? 

I'm sure Brendan is really upset about not getting Foxy Bear from FTs approval on Leicester's January window. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adster said:

Posts like this really annoy me. 

How do you know we are ignoring it, just because we haven't signed one? 

Do you know or understand the complexities behind trying get quality players into a football club, particularly in January? 

How do you know we're not in for Bowen, just because the media hasn't mentioned our name?

How do you know if we might be casting our net out for a better winger in the summer? 

I'm sure Brendan is really upset about not getting Foxy Bear from FTs approval on Leicester's January window. 

We are ignoring it  that is my opinion. You're obviously of a different opinion but there is just as much evidence to support my theory than there is yours so sort your tone out and get off your high horse. 

Ideally I wanted a winger, a centre back and a striker.

i think the winger and centre back is obvious! Striker we only need a injury to kelechi or vardy and we don’t have an option on the bench! Gray/Barnes both sampled upfront but they are not at the level required! Signing one in January could have been perfect to bed them in before playing more next season. Never mind 

20 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We are ignoring it  that is my opinion. You're obviously of a different opinion but there is just as much evidence to support my theory than there is yours so sort your tone out and get off your high horse. 

No. Adster didn't say we're not ignoring it. That's not their theory. You said we're ignoring it as if that's a fact, but you don't know that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

lol please state your "evidence" of this? 

I fancy a laugh.

Edited by Adster

17 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Ideally I wanted a winger, a centre back and a striker.

i think the winger and centre back is obvious! Striker we only need a injury to kelechi or vardy and we don’t have an option on the bench! Gray/Barnes both sampled upfront but they are not at the level required! Signing one in January could have been perfect to bed them in before playing more next season. Never mind 

A winger and a CB would be good. I don't think a striker was realistic, really. Kelechi doesn't get enough minutes, anyway, and Perez would be played as a 9 if neither Vardy or Nacho were available. A new striker would barely ever get on the pitch.

1 hour ago, CityIsBlue said:

If Bowen goes for below £25 mil, and we don't bring nobody in, we've had a bit of a mare there.

Nothing fee nowadays, for a player who's clearly more of a threat than Albrighton/Gray, so a clear improvement for the squad.

High on confidence, scores goals, would be our main attacking threat with Iheanacho off the bench.

There's no way spending £25-30 million now should somehow mean we have to remove that money from our budget in the summer.

How? It is likely we will be playing  Champions League football next year.

Is Bowen good enough for Champions League? No he’s been playing in the ****ing CHAMPIONSHIP.

Why would we panic buy a low league premier league player when we will playing amongst the elite of European football next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

**** all of you that think we need a winger.

WE ARE THIRD IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE WITH OUR CURRENT SQUAD AND 14 POINTS CLEAR OF 5TH. 

What more do you ***** want??????

A better option to help us stay here? You have to strengthen when doing well too.

That's not Bowen though.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Adster said:

lol please state your "evidence" of this? 

I fancy a laugh.

When asked if we were close to signing anything other than a CB  rodgers replied. "No  not really. There isn't much room for us to move in this market and I'm happy with the players we have". Certainly doesn't sound like a winger is incoming (although he could be bing coy I suppose) but it's when he goes on to say " i trust the players i have and if i can get one or two in FOR COVER, we can go in to summer and see where we go from there"..... As i said originally, ITS MY OPINION that we need a starting RWer. Not cover. 

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

A better option to help us stay here? You have to strengthen when doing well too.

That's not Bowen though.

Who has signed anyone that would improve our squad?

Bruno Fernandes has cost an absolute ton for a player who's only been at Sporting Lisbon - a reminder we signed their best two players and they are arguably our two worst ever signings pound-for-pound.

Bergwijn could be a decent player but I point to how Depay did in the Premier League and how Lozano has struggled in Serie A. There's a reason nobody decent has fancied him before.

Same with Bowen - Crystal Palace and West Ham are bang average and they are the only ones in for him. We are way above their level.

We are in a position where players will undoubtedly still not fancy us to finish in the top 4. As a result, the club will not want to chuck £25m at a player we will have already outgrown by the summer, when we can look at an entirely different set of targets based on CL football and revenues. Spending big sums of money does without doubt have an impact when you consider we've had to take out big loans to cover for a massive new training ground and general cash flow issues. Nobody ever stops to think about how many massive new contracts we handed out over a 6 month period last season - that has massively increased the club's wage bill, never mind taking on the likes of Evans and Tielemans who will undoubtedly be on massive money for a club without Europe.

January is a very difficult month to do anything in, and it isn't one to chuck money at unless you are absolutely desperate. The club clearly only want to use this last 24 hours to get a half decent defender in for cover, so they can get Benkovic a dozen games in the Championship ahead of next season.

Let's wait until the summer for big business.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

How? It is likely we will be playing  Champions League football next year.

Is Bowen good enough for Champions League? No he’s been playing in the ****ing CHAMPIONSHIP.

Why would we panic buy a low league premier league player when we will playing amongst the elite of European football next year.

Are more than a handful of our players 'good enough for Champions League'? What exactly is the measuring stick for that?

You are aware, if we qualify, we will probably only play 6 games in the UCL right?

We will have 40+ league and cup games to contend.

I'd rather have Bowen as an option on the bench for those games than our current attacking options, bar Iheanacho.

8 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

January is a very difficult month to do anything in, and it isn't one to chuck money at unless you are absolutely desperate.

We have signed Mahrez, Huth, Ndidi and Tielemans in the January window, massive players for us. We've needed a better wide option for years, if Barnes hadn't come back and done reasonably well we'd have been in a right mess, probably would have had Maddison out wide all season.