Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

6 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Can’t believe we’ve bought in not a sausage this transfer window after being linked with all those players sill only 2.5 days left to bring in some class?🤪😱

As painful as it is not to bring in a winger I can at least see the case for it.  If you believe we're good enough to hang on to the CL spot with what we have and that the pickings will be better in the summer (which they obviously will) there's an argument to be made it's better to wait.  But if you don't sign a defender and Evans or Soynuncu goes down, things could collapse in a pretty big way.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Right now, I’d like us to stick with Benkovic, bench him each game, bring him on if we go three at the back, and start him against Cov/Brum in the cup. 

Inclined to agree. It'd be better (for us and Benko) if we could loan him out for game time but it's not the end of the world if we don't. Tbh, I can't see us getting another CB in on the terms we're offering, not for sensible money anyway. I'll certainly be neither surprised nor disappointed if we don't sign a CB.

32 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Wolves have priced Adame Traore at £75m plus is he worth the risk ?

mate who’s a wolves fan don’t know if trying to put us off him recons they were giving him a better deal but him on one side Ricky P on the other now that would be a great combination !

Apparently Real Madrid fancy him.

I can understand not spending for spendings sake, buying a player we will probably want to replace in the summer anyway.

But last nights game, we had nobody on the bench that would change the game. If Maddison/Perez/Barnes etc are having a poor game, are Gray/Albrighton etc really going to change the game?

Throw some money and Matty James at Pearson for Deulofeu, maybe even a loan for Schurrle, did alright for Fulham, would be a cheapish inpact player even if we had to buy him

Edited by Luttfox
why?
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

As painful as it is not to bring in a winger I can at least see the case for it.  If you believe we're good enough to hang on to the CL spot with what we have and that the pickings will be better in the summer (which they obviously will) there's an argument to be made it's better to wait.  But if you don't sign a defender and Evans or Soynuncu goes down, things could collapse in a pretty big way.

Cheaper as well. Prices inflate ridiculously in January transfer window, which is understandable, as nobody wants to lose a key asset mid-season.

Focus on long term, rather than short term. Dont want to overspend on a mediocre winger that we will struggle to offload and will possibly prevent us from getting an upgrade in the next 6 months.

It's quite grim looking at squad on paper and realising that we have 3 forwards in Vardy, Iheanacho and (Perez who's obviously being played as a winger) and of the midfield first team wingers we've got a choice of Albrighton, Gray or Barnes non of whom are anywhere near the level we need, bar the odd good performance from Barnes. I'm thinking we're not gonna buy another winger unless we shift on gray and or Albrighton. Then add into that Mendy, Amartey and James the fringe midfield players are rubbish. Everybody knows we need wingers including the staff but the squads full of players that need moving on and it's sort of the line Brendan is taking. (not buying for buying sake) It seems we're gonna use Benko if all else fails and wait till the summer sale to rid a few and buy in quality. 

Edited by StevieB
Added

18 minutes ago, StevieB said:

It's quite grim looking at squad on paper and realising that we have 3 forwards in Vardy, Iheanacho and (Perez who's obviously being played as a winger) and of the midfield first team wingers we've got a choice of Albrighton, Gray or Barnes non of whom are anywhere near the level we need, bar the odd good performance from Barnes. I'm thinking we're not gonna buy another winger unless we shift on gray and or Albrighton. Then add into that Mendy, Amartey and James the fringe midfield players are rubbish. Everybody knows we need wingers including the staff but the squads full of players that need moving on and it's sort of the line Brendan is taking. (not buying for buying sake) It seems we're gonna use Benko if all else fails and wait till the summer sale to rid a few and buy in quality. 

Mendy is rubbish? Have you watched us at all?

Have we survived without needing James or Amartey in competing in three different competitions (never mind the fact both are still unfit!)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Mendy is rubbish? Have you watched us at all?

Have we survived without needing James or Amartey in competing in three different competitions (never mind the fact both are still unfit!)?

Rubbish for the fact he's constantly getting injured yes, I agree with clearly annoyed reply, he's a good player but not when he's always on the physio table. I've missed a handful of games in 30 years watching Leicester started at 7 years old thanks 🤫 my post wasn't questioning how we've survived? I'm quite aware we're third, on a cup run and looking at CL football, that wasn't in question. Merely stating looking at the squad were quite swelled with fringe first teamers 

I think Barnes is worth preservering with. There is a good player there and he is getting better.

We clearly need at least two wingers/attackers, and will allow Gray and probably Marc to leave. I doubt the players we want are available now so it seems we just have to cope with What we have, unfortunately.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StevieB said:

Barnes is still young and still developing, he's not played a full season of EPL football yet and is delivering half-decent numbers this season.  If you want to ever see if he can develop into a top player you'll need to be patient with him.

I don't watch Leicester every week but I've seen a fair bit of him and I've watched three games in the last number of weeks and he's affected them all in a very good way with goals and assists, give him time.  It's not Barnes fault you don't have the required depth out wide, if you did it would be easier to deal with the inevitable bouts of inconsistency from him as he develops.  He's got all the raw attributes to be a very good player.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Would be good if we were in for Piatek (maybe we are but not publicised yet?). 

Long been an admirer of him and have wanted him for ages. Therefore we must get him. 

I doubt he'd go somewhere he's not going to be first choice which is his current problem at Milan, furthermore I don't think you need him given you have Vardy and Nacho who is getting better all the time.  Spending the money being quoted for Piatek and not on a winger would be sacrilege imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StevieB said:

Rubbish for the fact he's constantly getting injured yes, I agree with clearly annoyed reply, he's a good player but not when he's always on the physio table. I've missed a handful of games in 30 years watching Leicester started at 7 years old thanks 🤫 my post wasn't questioning how we've survived? I'm quite aware we're third, on a cup run and looking at CL football, that wasn't in question. Merely stating looking at the squad were quite swelled with fringe first teamers 

James and Amartey are injured and have been for 15 odd months, how would you like us to get rid of them?

Is that the same Mendy that was name in 35/38 Premier League squads last season (and has been available all season until Brentford)? His last major injury before his current one was an ankle problem exacerbated from 3.5 years ago, and that was eventually corrected by surgery. He isn't injury prone.

We have 25 first team players, which is the amount you're allowed to register in the league.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

In form and improving Kel > Out of form Piatek 

Yep. I don't disagree.

But would be good to have some depth. 

What happens if Vardy & Kelechi get injured? Perez or Gray up front? Not for me!

7 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Right now, I’d like us to stick with Benkovic, bench him each game, bring him on if we go three at the back, and start him against Cov/Brum in the cup. 

Get a magic man winger on loan with view to permanent. Who - I’m not sure 🤔 

I quite like Benkovic. Something seems iffy as to why he's fallen way down the line in BR's selection. SPL football jokes aside and having watched him in the U23's he's got great composure on the ball and situational awareness and you can tell he has class. Aside from a couple of injury's I would've thought he would've had a chance in a first team game by now. I like him as 3rd choice option. Doesn't make sense though.

12 hours ago, mabrah said:

Yep. Hardly an attractive job spec is it? 

In an ideal world, Benkovic would go out on loan and we would get a replacement CB in - but I don't think it the end of the world if we don't. Benko might have to sit on the bench for the rest of the season, with the occasional run out as and when, but it is a situation we can review in the summer. 

For me, a more pressing need is midfield (even more so than wingers, were we can make do until the summer) I think we've a tactical issue to address, an over reliance on Ndidi. I think we need another defensively minded CM, an experienced head that can sit back a bit more and direct what's going on. Youri is supposed to be our 'manager on the pitch' but I'm not sure that's working out. Ndidi is brilliant but he can't do it all.

I think we've been exposed tactically and need a wise, battled hardened midfield general to see us through to the end of the season. And I've NO idea who that might be.    

Nzonzi for me. He would be unreal for us. He would dictate play and give us some steel in midfield.

Not into the idea that we need a CB, I'd take a look at our academies first as I think Wes is ideal, with Benko being his backup too.

It's a quality wide player we need, happy to stick with Barnes and develop him... But Perez is not a winger, I mean no disrespect to him but horses for courses, he is simply not effective enough in that area.

If not a quality wide player, RB cover so we can push Ricardo up and play JJ as RB.

The problem with a third striker is no striker worth their salt is going to come and play third fiddle behind Vardy and Iheancho. Being a third striker in a side who typically plays with only one striker is going to be in the position where they’ll hardly pay. 

If push came to shove Perez could play there in an emergency scenario. The most realistic option would be to sign a wide player who’s comfortable playing through the middle on occasion or signing/promoting a very young player who needs a couple of years to develop before they are knocking on the door in terms of being ready to play regularly.

• Like 1