Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

40 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Always struggled at EPL level for me, misses too many chances.  £40m would be woefully expensive for him imo.

He had a good few months in a very poor Fulham team the last time he played at the top level. If he was playing with better players I reckon he would score a load of goals. I doubt Fulham would want 40 million as well. 25-30 sounds more realistic to me 

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

We’re not averse to signing older players as we showed with Evans.

Vardy, Iheanacho and Ilicic as striking options would be unreal but I can’t see big Josep leaving Atalanta nor will he come here as back up 

Very valid point, however I don’t think we will be signing anyone as a back up. Every player in the senior squad will have a huge role to play next season & I think we will see the team be rotated even more so than we have this season. 

My point is all senior players next season will most likely have equal responsibility under Brendan. 

Shane Duffy

Probably underwhelming to many but I'd prefer him over someone like Vestergaard.

Brighton's player of the year last season, out of favour with Potter though, plus they have Ben White waiting in the wings.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Shane Duffy

Probably underwhelming to many but I'd prefer him over someone like Vestergaard.

Brighton's player of the year last season, out of favour with Potter though, plus they have Ben White waiting in the wings.

I'd not be against this. Rodgers has managed to get Morgan to play out from the back, so I've little doubt he could do so with Duffy who is a very reliable player and a great goal threat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

Shane Duffy

Why don't we sign Ben White then?

3 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

How much you reckon we are willing to spend in the summer?

They must be willing to give Rodgers £100 million if he wants it?

We’d probably be looking at 3 or 4 new players to help us compete strongly on all fronts. So yeah I’d say 80-100m is fair assuming that one or two would be on their way out.

6 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Fully expect us to spend £100m in the summer so there’s no point in eating into that budget on panic buys 

Hope this is true. we need it for CL if we get there. £100 Million doesn't go far unless its unearthing a gem. 

Edited by les-tah

3 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Fully expect us to spend £100m in the summer so there’s no point in eating into that budget on panic buys 

Thing is, the strategy surrounding Loaning our benko is a sound one so not a panic buy to get cover for CB now ...,a fourth choice for next season ..... 

if we don’t get cover in then we don’t know where we are with benko come the end of the season unless we are well clear in third and can play him for the last half dozen league games ..... possible but unlikely 

Guest An Sionnach
12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Thing is, the strategy surrounding Loaning our benko is a sound one so not a panic buy to get cover for CB now ...,a fourth choice for next season ..... 

if we don’t get cover in then we don’t know where we are with benko come the end of the season unless we are well clear in third and can play him for the last half dozen league games ..... possible but unlikely 

Injury to Jonny and then what? Wes every match.

44 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry @An Sionnach and @st albans fox but would mind telling me who is on the side of "we need 1 more CB", compared to who is on the side of "wait for Summer and just use Wes for now"

I got a bit lost :unsure:

Not bothered really - it’s about opinions

i can only give you mine which is we need to know if benko is our third choice CB for next season and loaning him out is the only way really 

so we have to buy someone to cover Jonny and cags this season - and that person will be fourth choice next season ..... limits the choice somewhat ....

• Like 2

There's going to be so many potential signings from relegated teams this season depending on who goes down.

Norwich, Watford, Bournemouth, West Ham, Villa, Brighton....All have multiple players that would improve us.

Norwich/Villa interest me a lot.

Can see a lot of fighting over Grealish/Mcginn/Mings/Buendia/Aarons/Cantwell etc.

• Like 1