Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

We are sitting 3rd in the prem and have just beaten a team 9-0 away from home. How can you even improve on that If we are Leicester City? 

I’m not saying we should but who would YOU buy?

And sensible answers please! 

Positionally RW and back up striker are the 2 key areas of the squad to consider right now imo. 

Looking ahead to next season LB and CB are also considerations with the possibilities of losing Wes and Fuchs. 

As for names, not a sausage but we don't want to many changes imo

I'd like a striker, maybe not a starter but someone who will come in and make a difference. 

Maybe a winger, someone a bit different to what we have and someone who can add some quality or guaranteed goals. 

Maybe a centre half if Benk goes on loan, or retaining him and looking for summer 

• Like 1

January: 

1) CB -
In preparation for Morgan's departure in the summer. Also gives us extra depth incase Evans/Soyuncu pick up an injury.

2) Winger - Definitely need another imo.

Summer: 

1) GK - Need to replace Jakupovic when his contract expires. Could potentially just promote someone from the academy.

2) LB - To replace Fuchs.
3) CM - Preferably another creative player who will provide extra competition for Tielemans/Maddison/Praet.

4) Winger or CF - Sign another winger & move Perez to the back up striker role for Vardy. Or sign a CF and keep Perez on the wings. All depends on Perez really. In my opinion i'd prefer to sign another winger & move Perez to 2nd choice CF. He'll still play a lot of games for us, rotating between several positions. 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

same , he could bring more belief to the dressing room that we are a serious top 4 team. and a plan B if we are struggling to break down a defensive set up , with albrighton  crossing in for him to finish

5 minutes ago, 49er said:

I like the guy’s attitude and his will to win and give it his all wherever he has player. Always seems to get on the end of crosses

I’d like to see a continuation of the sort of recruitment that brought us Soyuncu, up and coming youngsters to initially provide cover, eventually taking over when the current first choice is either sold or goes off the boil. I’m thinking left back and striker, maybe centre back if Benkovic doesn’t fit the bill.

Maybe a winger if we could get someone who is definitely better than our current first choices in the 4 1 4 1 formation, but on recent showing, perhaps Barnes and Perez have stepped up sufficiently, with Marc & Demari sufficient as cover.

Who? No idea.

• Like 3

Just now, lgfualol said:

Zlatan is so far up his own arse. I dont want him anywhere near our side. He'll demand to play and talk shit constantly.

Can’t remember him doing that at Manure. Imagine what the young players would think of signing someone like him 

• Like 2

Before Friday I would have said another winger like many on the forum. But both Perez and Barnes were sensational on Friday. Perez will get the headlines but Barnes for me was electric and playing in a way I have not seen from him before. His interchange with Chilwell was magnificent, he was beating players for fun and that pass for the Perez hat trick, oh my word!

But at the same time having another top quality winger that can finish would not go amiss, even if they are largely a bench player who is slowly introduced with a view to playing regularly next season. Basically someone who can come off the bench to provide 5 goals / assists could be the difference between 4th and 5th, so I think we should go for it. And I am pretty sure we will! Top won't mind dishing out some of that Maguire cash after seeing how good we have been so far.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I’d like to see a continuation of the sort of recruitment that brought us Soyuncu, up and coming youngsters to initially provide cover, eventually taking over when the current first choice is either sold or goes off the boil. I’m thinking left back and striker, maybe centre back if Benkovic doesn’t fit the bill.

Maybe a winger if we could get someone who is definitely better than our current first choices in the 4 1 4 1 formation, but on recent showing, perhaps Barnes and Perez have stepped up sufficiently, with Marc & Demari sufficient as cover.

Who? No idea.

Unfortunately, that strategy han’t worked well with the likes of Nacho, Amartey and Kaputska

4 minutes ago, 49er said:

Haaland from Salzburg and his team mate from ? Korea

Hwang Hee Chan, and yes he looks really good. Son of Spurs did well over here too, so could well be worth a punt. I think January is the worst possible time to buy him though because his stock is very high. At the same time I think there could really be merit to signing some players who are "eased in" to the first team squad in January with the expectation of being more involved next season with European football.

For me the signing of Tielemans, Soyuncu and Maddison proves that signing a highly rated player for 25m+ even if they are not the finished article is worth a punt. I'd even be happy to take a player on loan who might end up as a permanent singing later.

• Like 1