Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

9 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Nzonzi is past it, too slow and causing issues at Galatasary. A better option would be someone like Doucouré. But not him because he’s too expensive and Watford won’t sell him. But you’re right in what we need, a player like that, similar to Nzonzi in his prime. 

Doucoure is a superb player I’d imagine Watford would want top dollar for him though. He also seems to play a bit further forward these days also, not as advanced as Maddison but not far off it.

Edited by henrik_62

Every club around us has strengthened, it's a huge gamble for us not to. 14 points is a significant cushion but we're still to play all the teams around us and we aren't exactly in consistent form. I'd be lying if I was 100% confident that Champions League is done and dusted for us.

Let's hope we can get 1 or 2 done tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest An Sionnach
13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Every club around us has strengthened, it's a huge gamble for us not to. 14 points is a significant cushion but we're still to play all the teams around us and we aren't exactly in consistent form. I'd be lying if I was 100% confident that Champions League is done and dusted for us.

Let's hope we can get 1 or 2 done tomorrow.

Strengthened depends on whether they turn out to be over priced flops or not.

Anyone half decent at this point would be ok everyone around us is signing players and we are not looking like doing so which given our form doesn’t seem the most sensible idea but if it’s down to being over priced for the players we want not much we can do. 

Hopefully there is a few announcements 10 mins before the window closes 😂

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Strengthened depends on whether they turn out to be over priced flops or not.

Well yes, there's no guarantees but the obvious train of thought for all clubs is they bring in players to strengthen and not to make them weaker. Sometimes it doesn't work like that and perhaps we have more than enough in our current squad to finish 3rd or 4th but there's warning signs that we are struggling and if we do miss out then not bringing in any additions will come under scrutiny.

Time will tell, I hope we will be ok as we are on course for an exceptional season.

• Like 1

It might not be cheaper to wait until the summer either as if we do finish in the top 4 all the clubs will now we have extra money to spend and no we need to spend bit so any one we want will prob be more expensive than we want. 

The players look tired and sometimes short of ideas at the moment and of course Vardy is not 100% fit

Would like to see another winger or striker to freshen things up plus a CB- I am surprised we have not used our position and Champions League ambitions to lure someone with real quality - maybe something will happen at the last minute but not hearing anything of substance,.

I get people when they say its a risk and overpriced in January BUT at the very least we could loan a world class wide man whos unsettled at their current club for about 5 million for 5 months. ..... surely this is a low risk move that could pay off massively. 

Edited by les-tah
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, les-tah said:

I get people when they say its a risk and overpriced in January BUT at the very least we could loan a world class wide man whos unsettled at their current club for about 5 million for 5 months. ..... surely this is a low risk move that could pay off massively. 

Can you think of any world class wide men available for loan?

Guest An Sionnach
10 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Neymars not happy at PSG .🙃🙃

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

thats not my job lol  also when i say world class i mean better than Perez Barnes Albrighton and Gray:ph34r: 1 is young and raw,1 is not a winger and other 2 not good enough for what we want anymore. 

Edited by les-tah

10 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Will be surprised if he stays in China by tomorrow, surely someone will take him, hopefully it’s us 

Majority of the foreign players apparently begging their agents to get them moves out of China asap

Anyone else we could nab?

Not sure what all the hassle is about personally? Of course I want us to strengthen this window but if we don’t then it doesn’t matter. 

This squad has got us in the top 4 of the prem, into a cup semi-final & still competing in the fa cup. That’s some success already. 

Financially let the other clubs pay over the price, it allows us to have more money in the kitty come the summer compared to the teams in a similar position to us. 

Chill out.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1