Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Experience?

Cannot help but feel a slightly older (Maybe 26, 27) player, ideally on the right wing, someone with a bit of experience and even grit, might be a good tonic for the team.

(Or is that Kev?)

Also makes me think Vestergaard* or similar could actually be clever.

* other, less shyte center backs maybe available at additional cost

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Still got an assist tonight didn’t he?

To go along with the 6 he’s got in the league (more than the likes of Salah, Grealish, Firmino, every other Leicester player, with only 7 players in the whole league having more)

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

so we have to buy someone to cover Jonny and cags this season - and that person will be fourth choice next season ..... limits the choice somewhat ....

Yep. Hardly an attractive job spec is it? 

In an ideal world, Benkovic would go out on loan and we would get a replacement CB in - but I don't think it the end of the world if we don't. Benko might have to sit on the bench for the rest of the season, with the occasional run out as and when, but it is a situation we can review in the summer. 

For me, a more pressing need is midfield (even more so than wingers, were we can make do until the summer) I think we've a tactical issue to address, an over reliance on Ndidi. I think we need another defensively minded CM, an experienced head that can sit back a bit more and direct what's going on. Youri is supposed to be our 'manager on the pitch' but I'm not sure that's working out. Ndidi is brilliant but he can't do it all.

I think we've been exposed tactically and need a wise, battled hardened midfield general to see us through to the end of the season. And I've NO idea who that might be.    

Hard to imagine we don't find some way to bring in a defender one way or the other.  BR is seemingly determined to loan Benko out and Morgan - already pretty past it if we're honest - is seemingly not healthy.

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Hard to imagine we don't find some way to bring in a defender one way or the other.  BR is seemingly determined to loan Benko out and Morgan - already pretty past it if we're honest - is seemingly not healthy.

Can’t believe we’ve bought in not a sausage this transfer window after being linked with all those players sill only 2.5 days left to bring in some class?🤪😱