Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

6 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

10pm when the Exit Poll is released.

Might be being thick here right, but where do they do these exit polls? 

Me, nor anybody I’ve ever met has been a part of one. Is it select seats that could go either way? Is it done at random constituencies? I’m genuinely interested. 

Edited by Manini

5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

My dear is a Labour, Libs and Scottish National coalition.  The nation will be ruined with votes upon votes

The United Kingdom and Britain will be dead. Wearing black to symbolise the demise of a once great nation although under Labour that maybe considered racist/zionist/imperialist behaviour so a maybe sent to the gulag.

I can be re-educated on the British empire.

• Like 1

Just now, Manini said:

Me, nor anybody I’ve ever met ever has been a part of one. Is it select seats that could go either way? Is it done at random constituencies? I’m genuinely interested. 

Theres loads when they check my poles exits,.you must be running dry.

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Me, nor anybody I’ve ever met ever has been a part of one. Is it select seats that could go either way? Is it done at random constituencies? I’m genuinely interested. 

I believe it's basically at a select number of polling stations in a select number of constituencies. Whatever it is they do, most of the time it's pretty close.

Just now, Manini said:

About 100-150 swing seats across the country. Then they compare it with the swing of the last exit poll and various data on leave/remain to produce a probability.

Though this could all fall to pieces tonight.

According to Tory journos Raab and Redwood in big trouble. If that's true Lib's are sweeping up Tory votes 

According to Labour journos Pidcock in big trouble. If Tories are close to winning ME Durham then the red wall is probably going to fall.

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

Me, nor anybody I’ve ever met has been a part of one. Is it select seats that could go either way? Is it done at random constituencies? I’m genuinely interested. 

They are normally done in marginal constituencies.

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Imagine...

Blimey. If it's a secure Tory majority it would be great to be honest. 

The membership would effectively be able to pick the new PM for the five years.

Rees-Mogg lol

8 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Imagine...

Shame the thickos in Islington dont change their allegiance from comrade Corbyn.

The celebrities in London like Stormzy, Lilly Allen and co can send food parcels out to the rest of the UK when we lose our jobs and I hope their redistributed wealth pays for my mortgage. 

#corbynforhope

#keepthemallpoor

#equality

#foodrationsforthemanynotthefew

#destroyaspiration

😂

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

Shame the thickos in Islington dont change their allegiance from comrade Corbyn.

The celebrities in London like Stormzy, Lilly Allen and co can send food parcels out to the rest of the UK when we lose our jobs and I hope their redistributed wealth pays for my mortgage. 

#corbynforhope

#keepthemallpoor

#equality

#foodrationsforthemanynotthefew

#destroyaspiration

#singhlivesonwelfare as it's better then working

Just now, StanSP said:

Thick question klaxon here as well

What happens if Boris, as current PM, loses his own seat in his own constituency?

Depends if they win a majority or not. If they don't I imagine he resigns. I think it's more likely that they do still anyway, and then I think the expectation is that they have a different Conservative MP resign in a safer seat to force a by-election for him to win?