Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

11 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If Boris loses his seat this would be absolutely hilarious.  I'm hoping for some shockers.  Portillo many years back didn't look too happy.  Would love to see that happen to Rees-Mogg.  :fc:

Still the fact remains that in Leics South a vote for Costa is a vote for Boris.  I'm struggling to marry the two together and the alternative is to go against the grain with a wasted vote.  What a **** system this is.

For about the week it takes to move someone in a safe tory seat into the house of lords, call a by-election, hold it and see him back at the dipatch box.  Waste of everyone's time.

9 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

For about the week it takes to move someone in a safe tory seat into the house of lords, call a by-election, hold it and see him back at the dipatch box.  Waste of everyone's time.

Might take a bit longer than a week to call and hold a by-election - at least a month? Longer with parliament in recess over Xmas?

Could be a bit inconvenient heading for 31st Jan Brexit Day with an Acting PM... 

Though democracy is never "a waste of everyone's time", I can't see Johnson losing his seat, unfortunately........I do have some hope for Raab, IDS, Redwood & Villiers, though. :D

• Like 1

I can’t see past a Tory majority of 330 in all honesty.

Lots of reports of big turn outs but it really is about if the LD’s can take seats off the Tories in key areas (there’s realistically about 10?) and if Corbyn can somehow win 270 odd to form an alliance or alliances with other parties but can anybody really see that happening?

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

A majority of 330? Wow. The polls would be massively wrong if that happened lol

(I assume you meant Tories getting 330 seats or a majority of 30, I'm just teasing.)

If you’re going to be a pedant, that’s a majority of 4 isn’t it? Not 30.

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I can’t see past a Tory majority of 330 in all honesty.

Lots of reports of big turn outs but it really is about if the LD’s can take seats off the Tories in key areas (there’s realistically about 10?) and if Corbyn can somehow win 270 odd to form an alliance or alliances with other parties but can anybody really see that happening?

Not impossible, but unlikely, I agree.

There could be various explanations for the queues (e.g. people choosing to vote early and not in the dark after work).

Even if it is a lot of young metropolitan types turning out to vote Lab/LD, that might just produce big majorities in existing Lab/LD seats. It could swing certain seats (I've seen mention of queues in Putney & Wimbledon, which are Tory seats).....but only a limited number as the Tories don't have many big city/university town seats. To avoid a Tory majority, Labour will also have to do better than expected at holding "red wall" seats in North/Midlands

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bmt said:

Ended up voting Labour even though I'm a green party member. Lib dems think my constituency is a target somehow but think it'll be a greatly increased Tory majority now they've got rid of that **** Tredinnick

Ah a fellow Bosworth constituent, I can at least rest easy tonight knowing that whilst Tories are the likely winners, at least it isn't fvcking Tredinnick lol 

The Lib Dem candidate Mullaney I find is particularly slimey, especially in previous Hustings and they finished third last election as well ffs.

Like you said probably a Tory majority but I'm unsure whether to vote for the Green chap Mick, seems like a good bloke.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

I do have some hope for Raab, IDS, Redwood & Villiers, though. :D

Totally understand the others but I really hope IDS holds on given this is the alternative. Another who shouldn't have got past the screening.

3 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Ah a fellow Bosworth constituent, I can at least rest easy tonight knowing that whilst Tories are the likely winners, at least it isn't fvcking Tredinnick lol 

The Lib Dem candidate Mullaney I find is particularly slimey, especially in previous Hustings and they finished third last election as well ffs.

Like you said probably a Tory majority but I'm unsure whether to vote for the Green chap Mick, seems like a good bloke.

I actually know Mick, he's a really nice bloke - and very realistic about the election. I voted labour in a trade with a friend in a southern seat the Greens do well in.

3 minutes ago, bmt said:

I actually know Mick, he's a really nice bloke - and very realistic about the election. I voted labour in a trade with a friend in a southern seat the Greens do well in.

Bristol West? I heard that's their big target for this election  in terms of winning a second seat.

Very good to hear he's a nice chap, I went Hustings in 2017 and he was, like you said, realistic on his chance and was focused on bringing other candidates to account. Dedicated to growing the local Green Party as well so I might become a member in the new year.

Edited by Finnaldo

Anyway I've been put onto posting restrictions in GC for some reason (today of all days) so I'll be off as I want to post at least a couple of times tonight. 

My favourite moments of today so far though.....

Elmo v Security guard - when he puts it on his head lol

Secondly, the woman who could be in charge of the home office tomorrow.

Managing to come out to the public wearing odd shoes. 

Not just odd shoes, but also somehow two left footed odd shoes.