Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

5 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Nobody gives a s*** about Diane Abbott's shoes.

Really? You will be comfortable with someone having a part in running the country who is unable to realise not only have they got odd shoes on but 2 of the same side foot 

Inconceivable that currency traders haven’t got hold of the drift of the exit poll numbers from 8pm from somewhere reliable .... sterling had a bit of a jump but has since settled at a level which doesn’t look like a comfortable Tory majority 

similariy, Sterling hasn’t fallen much so I expect the numbers look pretty tight with a slim Tory majority the prediction .....I reckon that’s more likely to lead to a hung parliament than a thicker majority ..... squeaky bum time for many ......

If the tories don’t get in then I’ve lost sympathy for the leavers who wouldn’t support them and will them moan that their democratic vote won’t be honoured as we head into a second referendum..... in 2017, both major parties said they would honour 2016 - this time it was clear who you had to vote for if you wanted to see brexit. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Haha 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Inconceivable that currency traders haven’t got hold of the drift of the exit poll numbers from 8pm from somewhere reliable .... sterling had a bit of a jump but has since settled at a level which doesn’t look like a comfortable Tory majority 

similariy, Sterling hasn’t fallen so I expect the numbers look pretty tight with a slim Tory majority the prediction .....I reckon that’s more likely to lead to a hung parliament than a thicker majority ..... squeaky bum time for many ......

Watch the currency between 10 and 10;30 you will get an idea then, that’s when it started to fall on the Brexit vote when it shows we was leaving, only it will fall this time if it looks like a hung parliament

Just now, jammie82uk said:

Really? You will be comfortable with someone having a part in running the country who is unable to realise not only have they got odd shoes on but 2 of the same side foot 

Mate the alternative is people who support hunting running the country, I absolutely don't care what a Labour candidate is wearing, I want them in the House of Commons.

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Watch the currency between 10 and 10;30 you will get an idea then, that’s when it started to fall on the Brexit vote when it shows we was leaving, only it will fall this time if it looks like a hung parliament

On the contrary, lord wotsits exit poll said we were staying and Stg went up to 1.52!!

it was nearer midnight that things began to fall apart for the currency 

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Good post, particularly this bit. Whatever happens, there's no easy route forward from here - and there's likely to be a fair amount of public anger, either way.

Good point about 1979, too. I only have vague memories as I was only 16-17, but remember people being dissatisfied over the Winter of Discontent and all that, but also finding it unthinkable at the time that Thatcher might become PM.

Though some of that was good old fashioned sexism.

If all these queues in the cities & university towns are a high turnout by Lab/LD-voting Remainers, we could easily end up with big Lab/LD majorities in those places, a clear majority voting for parties supporting a referendum......and still get a significant Tory majority if the Tories win a lot of seats in the North/Midlands, possibly on a lower turnout. We could end up as an even more divided nation than we already are..... :S

Anyway, let's wait and see.

1979 was really a continuation of the political elections of the mid 70s. A background of mass strikes where you simply had a show of hands at a public meeting had led to a massive mistrust of the union movement, coupled with the dead not being buried, the rubbish on the streets etc, all of course a bit over stated, was just the perfect cocktail for political change.

The promise you could buy your own council house was a massive vote winner for the Tories.

I remember the 70s well and not with a great deal of fondness in truth.

Edited by reynard