Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

Just now, Ashley said:

Surely Corbyn has to resign now? 

If I was a Labour supporter I'd be absolutely fuming. They've been badly let down by the 'leadership' of Corbyn, McDonnell etc.

I'm convinced a Labour leader with just half an ounce of credibility could have given BoJo and the tories a decent fight 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Or it shows is that weak leaders who promise unicorn economic miracles and have edgy anti-establishment foreign policy are rightly rejected by the UK public...

All I've heard from people is that this is an unpopularity contest and people have voted for the least bad option.

The rotten Johnson-led Tory party were crying out for a decent moderate opposition, instead of some 19th century Leftist elitist who'd spent his life celebrating Castro and spent the while election talking down his nose at the electorate and wanting to borrow extortinate amounts of money to throw money at short-termist problems.

Post of the year.

Just now, goose2010 said:

So really Tories are in for 8 more years if the exit polls are correct. You would never ever see a swing big enough for anyone to win in 4 years. 

Borris get the painters in pal you're in number 10 for a while. 

You might want to see how this whole 'Get Brexit Done' thing goes before making predictions like that lol

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

So really Tories are in for 8 more years if the exit polls are correct. You would never ever see a swing big enough for anyone to win in 4 years. 

Borris get the painters in pal you're in number 10 for a while. 

Blair had a similar majority in 2005 and it went to a hung parliament 5 years later.

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

On a serious note: how accurate are Exit Polls? 20,000 odd votes over 144 polling elections doesn’t seem that representative? Or is it usually bang on? 

I think 20 seats is the accepted margin of error. Could be miles wrong tho as in 92

Edited by Kopfkino

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

On a serious note: how accurate are Exit Polls? 20,000 odd votes over 144 polling elections doesn’t seem that representative? Or is it usually bang on? 

Pretty accurate with I think 20 seat leeway it’s the biggest poll that’s been done this election

Just now, Finnaldo said:

Has been extraordinarily accurate the last couple of elections.

Has sometimes been a bit out before, but very unlikely to be massively out.

Wouldn't be a total surprise if the majority was 50-60 - or 110-120, but very little chance of it being anything other than a significant Tory majority, I'm afraid. :S