Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

I'm a left leaning Labour voter but bloody hell, the BBC could've looked a bit harder to find a tory or two to balance the audience? lol

It won't be doing him any harm across the country. 

"Weep, O ye shirt-makers of Jermyn Street, ye Cool Brittannia tailors and whatever exists of human finer feeling. In the Ministry of Sound, the tank-topped bumboys blub into their plis" lol

Seriously though. 

How do they find an audience with no Liberal Democrats or Tories but seemingly full of Momentum activists?

If you landed from Mars you would think Labour were on 70% in the polls.

8 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I'm a left leaning Labour voter but bloody hell, the BBC could've looked a bit harder to find a tory or two to balance the audience? lol

Some already being rooted out on social media.

10 minutes ago, Bryn said:

What a fvcking scumbag cvnt Johnson is.

@davieG :ph34r:

I note Johnson said there's going to be a full investigation in to the Conversative party for all kinds of prejudice, not just Islamophobia. When will this happen? Will Boris himself be implicated for all the comments he's made in the past i.e. watermelon smiles, piccaninnies, women in burkas look like letterboxes etc etc. I don't even think he's apologised for any of the (clearly insensitive and offensive) remarks he made?

50 minutes ago, MattP said:

Seriously though. 

How do they find an audience with no Liberal Democrats or Tories but seemingly full of Momentum activists?

If you landed from Mars you would think Labour were on 70% in the polls.

The Scots seemed over represented too I thought. It certainly felt like the woman who praised Labour before asking her question was a plant.

16 minutes ago, Raj said:

That was a great debate held at the Labour Headquarters!!!

12 minutes ago, Salisbury Fox said:

The Scots seemed over represented too I thought. It certainly felt like the woman who praised Labour before asking her question was a plant.

Well one of either two things have happened.

1. All the polls are wrong and Labour are heading for a landslide.

2. The BBC had another unrepresentative audience. 

I know which one I think it might be. 

I didn’t watch too much but I caught the early part on the radio ..... I heard a lady present a question to JC on climate change policy and it occurred to me that the idea of these ‘debates’ is surely for the prospective PM to be challenged (at least initially) rather than simply given a platform ..... what on earth was going on ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattP said:

For the Prime Minister of the nation to not even take a position on his own deal on the most important issue of the day isn't right - it's frankly ludicrous.

Agree with you on the second part, Tories will be delighted with this for campaigning. 

Sturgeon is good but she's got a pretty easy job here, blame London for everything and anything. She's a Scottish Farage. 

The confirmatory referendum question was fantastic - if she thinks we need one after the deal to see if we really want to leave the EU, what logical reason can she give that the Scottish people shouldn't also have one when they've done the deal with the government of the UK?

She's knows the answer to that as well.

When we had the referendum....The discussions either side,should of been Left to the cabinet/Shadow-cabinet politicians,with Bbencher putting their voters Thoughts on the table....

I am far from being a Corbyn fan...but unlike the last 3 years,and total chaos,of all sides only Selling what they are Not going to do,then all lying through their teeth,by saying..   "The Country has voted,  BREXIT.  Path is what they Voted for"...Then even so called Brexiters like Johnson,tried their damnest to see Leaving was Not on their agenda,just Empty words.

If it LED down the path of a 2nd referendum,I would Find it wise that Any PM  are prudent & wait for the Outcome & stays neutral,then puts his/her 'whole' behind how the electorate decided,and takes it from there,and Chose the cabinet that he expects to Honour the electorates will,without playing silly games...

That for me is showing leadership,by taking  the Electoral Vote and the Electorate more serious,than they have in the past 3 years....

My thoughts...

Loved the format.

Audience seemed very pro labour. 

Boris didn't **** it up although wasn't great. 

Swinson was poor.

Sturgeon her usual competent self.

Corbyn did well overall.

Fiona Bruce a weak chair still imho.

Also think the programme was helped by having an audience that seemed more informed and not as thick as your usual Qt audience.

Really wish it was possible to change my answer in the poll above. I originally answered conservative based purely on brexit but as the campaign has got going I am firm in my thought that I will back labour based on other policies. (Still really dislike the prospect of a second referendum though)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Really wish it was possible to change my answer in the poll above. I originally answered conservative based purely on brexit but as the campaign has got going I am firm in my thought that I will back labour based on other policies. (Still really dislike the prospect of a second referendum though)

To be honest it won't really be a "second referendum" - more of a remain walkover, I doubt many Brexiteers will bother to vote in it.