Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
twoleftfeet

AFTV

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's absolutely terrible. Nothing to do with 'new kids on the block'. It's just shite and I'm amazed how many people buy in to it and continue to watch it. Same with that Mark Goldbridge idiot for Utd. 

It's not 'journalism'. It's just shouting down in front of a camera down a microphone for likes and attention. 

You can care passionately for your club but also not act like a cretin at the same time. 

I don't watch that fella but I'm fairly sure he's a pretty smart parody.

AFTV are absolute geniuses. 

They have over a million subscribers, just half a million under the official Arsenal account, with 10 times more content and 3 times as many viewers.

They could be earning almost a million quid a year

Therefore it's not only in their favour that Arsenal are shite, it's also in their interest if they can get fans ranting and raving and saying incendiary, ludicrous and embarrassing things. The worse the videos are, the better, because they'll get shared further and wider than just the remit of Arsenal fans around the world, and the more they can potentially profit. The fact that we now have a thread about them is proof of that.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were really Spurs fans.

365799111_Screenshot2019-11-13at14_32_43.thumb.png.b72284a047d180395adf26507991d73d.png

759560659_Screenshot2019-11-13at14_33_04.thumb.png.0ebb266f4b2c82c7f74c506a5bcfafe6.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well yeah, that's the absolute beauty of it. How can you not find Arsenal fan's losing their rag and coming out with utter nonsense not funny!

I do find it (not them) funny to an extent - but they literally moan about the same thing every single game. It was incredibly worse when Wenger was in charge. Just boring. 

2 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

AFTV is my guilty pleasure when Arsenal lose, other then that I couldn't care less.

Mine is Nicky Hawkins and West Ham TV. I like the way they cover their club.

51 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

AFTV are absolute geniuses. 

They have over a million subscribers, just half a million under the official Arsenal account, with 10 times more content and 3 times as many viewers.

They could be earning almost a million quid a year

Therefore it's not only in their favour that Arsenal are shite, it's also in their interest if they can get fans ranting and raving and saying incendiary, ludicrous and embarrassing things. The worse the videos are, the better, because they'll get shared further and wider than just the remit of Arsenal fans around the world, and the more they can potentially profit. The fact that we now have a thread about them is proof of that.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were really Spurs fans.

365799111_Screenshot2019-11-13at14_32_43.thumb.png.b72284a047d180395adf26507991d73d.png

759560659_Screenshot2019-11-13at14_33_04.thumb.png.0ebb266f4b2c82c7f74c506a5bcfafe6.png

This is another reason I like them, the toxicity they create is really not good for the club lol and the worse clubs like Arsenal get the better it is for us.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

You're basing that view on a few pundits though? Professionally trained journalists are a very different thing - Henry Winter, Daniel Storey, Daniel Taylor etc. Lumping them all in with ex-players wheeled out to say something controversial is insulting. Surely you can tell the difference rather than just shrugging your shoulders and saying "Mainstream Media's all the same"?

That's true. I suppose my malaise with media has more to do than just football. BBC has been reduced to clickbait headline grabbing. Even the ft is now a waste of time. Propaganda machine for the Qatari owners to bash Saudi and a few select firms. The ft was my last hope

The only real danger of AFTV is it becoming reliant on one or two. There are plenty who watch the other people but it essentially relies on a core of three or four whose views you actually want to hear. Probably the most annoying thing about the videos are the insufferable oafs behind the camera desperate to get in shot. Genuinely can't understand that.

Exposure to the "mainstream media" can go as far as you want, really. There are a hatful of journalists out there (Honigstein, Rhind-Tutt, Horncastle, Bandini, Auclair, Cox, Siversten, Wilson, Ronay, Winter, Brassell, Laurens, Steinberg, Brewin) who are insightful, interesting, knowledgeable and impartial. In their environments they're given time and can convey what they want in detail without limitations of needing to be headline grabby.

There's no finer example than Matt Forde. He appeared on a football podcast and couldn't hide his hatred of Leicester and wished injury on a Man Utd player because he also detests them. Needless to say he hasn't appeared again. Maybe if he'd been on TS or other baity-type arenas he'd have been tolerated, invited back. Instead he was dropped and a rotation of actually trained people with a huge depth of knowledge are available.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

The only real danger of AFTV is it becoming reliant on one or two. There are plenty who watch the other people but it essentially relies on a core of three or four whose views you actually want to hear. Probably the most annoying thing about the videos are the insufferable oafs behind the camera desperate to get in shot. Genuinely can't understand that.

Exposure to the "mainstream media" can go as far as you want, really. There are a hatful of journalists out there (Honigstein, Rhind-Tutt, Horncastle, Bandini, Auclair, Cox, Siversten, Wilson, Ronay, Winter, Brassell, Laurens, Steinberg, Brewin) who are insightful, interesting, knowledgeable and impartial. In their environments they're given time and can convey what they want in detail without limitations of needing to be headline grabby.

There's no finer example than Matt Forde. He appeared on a football podcast and couldn't hide his hatred of Leicester and wished injury on a Man Utd player because he also detests them. Needless to say he hasn't appeared again. Maybe if he'd been on TS or other baity-type arenas he'd have been tolerated, invited back. Instead he was dropped and a rotation of actually trained people with a huge depth of knowledge are available.

As arrogant / harsh as it sounds, there are about 20% of all football fans (prob most of us posting on this thread) that want the insightful feedback, the knowledge and intellect to tell us something us football fans dont know to enhance our understanding of the game.

The other 80% want the Merson / Cundy types who sound like the ramblings of old boy and the bar after 5 pints during Super Sunday because they're 'relatable'. 

Sad really.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjNVTYjZLEo

Robbie from Aftv appearing on Talk sport radio they don't like his out put but to be honest I think that he handled it quite well. Like many I am fed up with pundits putting our club down by suggesting that anyone connected with the club should be joining the top 6. The press don't like it when they are called out, you would expect that a pundit would actually go to football matches. I know from experience that now I am an armchair fan that what I see a player doing on the telly doesn't necessarily show what their performance was like, it doesn't show how much effort they are putting how they are with fans it doesn't show the players applauding the fans for turning up. More importantly the press don't like that fact that we don't need them to stay in touch with what's happening at the club anymore. We have Foxestalk we don't have to hang on their every word.