Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

'Daniel Levy enquired about taking Brendan Rodgers from Leicester'

7 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Just posted this in another thread ...   what say you about this ... 

Been told by an ITK (worked there in a senior role and usually very reliable) that LCFC stopped Levy talking to Brendan but if they had he would have loved to have gone there and was very keen ...   can one of our ITK's please tell me this is defo bolox as its made my bottom lip come out and it won't go back in ...    :(

On this apparent information, clever people never burn their bridges ....

how do you know the attractiveness of the spurs job in three years ?  No one knows what the future holds - to send a message to levy that he would be keen to speak to them simply oils the wheels for a potential move in the future - It costs him nothing and it wouldn’t surprise me if he  told Rudkin that he would be passing that message via his agent whilst the club knocked back the approach - best to be straight and honest to avoid difficult situations arising ..... it doesn’t mean that he was actually interested in the move and it doesn’t hurt his interests for the club to know that he is in demand re a possible improved contract at some point ......

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Corky said:

I'm sure he would've been tempted, but that doesn't mean he's going to throw his toys out of the pram and be resentful. He'll still be focused on us and wanting to do well and keep his reputation high.

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

On this apparent information, clever people never burn their bridges ....

how do you know the attractiveness of the spurs job in three years ?  No one knows what the future holds - to send a message to levy that he would be keen to speak to them simply oils the wheels for a potential move in the future - It costs him nothing and it wouldn’t surprise me if he  told Rudkin that he would be passing that message via his agent whilst the club knocked back the approach - best to be straight and honest to avoid difficult situations arising ..... it doesn’t mean that he was actually interested in the move and it doesn’t hurt his interests for the club to know that he is in demand re a possible improved contract at some point ......

Thanks boys ...   but this article has calmed me down ...   :scarf: :scarf:

1070377E-CCCA-471B-B22B-E9E890DEEC67.jpeg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

After too many quick exits, people start questioning your loyalty and ability to stick out difficult jobs. 

He needs to stay here for a bit to make sure those questions aren't asked if him at his next interview.

Tbf to him, as much as I was gutted when he left I don't think you can say this about him.  He was at Celtic almost three years which is probably about the average for a manager at a club these days and at Liverpool for I think nearly four before that.  With the benefit of hindsight it was probably the right time for him to leave both clubs also, he had a fractuous relationship with both boards and both clubs probably needed a fresh pair of eyes.

I would have been surprised if he took the Spurs job anyway in all honesty, the danger I'd think would be if Chelsea or a top four club in Spain came along.  I'd also naturally discount Arsenal as a threat also however someone who worked for him told me he was quite vocal about jumping at the chance to manage Arsenal, for what exact reason I don't know.

43 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Tbf to him, as much as I was gutted when he left I don't think you can say this about him.  He was at Celtic almost three years which is probably about the average for a manager at a club these days and at Liverpool for I think nearly four before that.  With the benefit of hindsight it was probably the right time for him to leave both clubs also, he had a fractuous relationship with both boards and both clubs probably needed a fresh pair of eyes.

I would have been surprised if he took the Spurs job anyway in all honesty, the danger I'd think would be if Chelsea or a top four club in Spain came along.  I'd also naturally discount Arsenal as a threat also however someone who worked for him told me he was quite vocal about jumping at the chance to manage Arsenal, for what exact reason I don't know.

Probably London. Remember hearing Rodgers owns lots of Real Estate there. Sure he has other business interests as well.

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Probably London. Remember hearing Rodgers owns lots of Real Estate there. Sure he has other business interests as well.

His base is there, that's where his and his wife's main residence is now, has been since he left Liverpool and rented out his house to Klopp, Leicester aside obviously.

Edited by henrik_62

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

After too many quick exits, people start questioning your loyalty and ability to stick out difficult jobs. 

He needs to stay here for a bit to make sure those questions aren't asked if him at his next interview.

For a bit is 2/3 years to me depending on the situation.  All jobs are difficult jobs when you're a football manager.

Minefields and potholes everywhere and coming from all directions. Serious stress to be managed for anyone who makes a living doing this.

From BBC today in response to speculation that Spurs wanted him Rodgers sadi

The only thing I will say is I was very happy here at Leicester, I've literally just joined the club in February.

"Everything has been great since we've been in. We have a project here that we want to develop over the next number of years."

He went on to say

"I'm very happy in my professional life. I'm very happy in my life personally in Leicestershire, it's a great place to live and work and we have created a real unity here at the club.

I know that is what he is expected to say but have to take it on face value. The way he talks about "the project" is the most gratifying thing. I think that is how everyone from the chairman down to the fans see it.

24 minutes ago, urban fox said:

From BBC today in response to speculation that Spurs wanted him Rodgers sadi

The only thing I will say is I was very happy here at Leicester, I've literally just joined the club in February.

"Everything has been great since we've been in. We have a project here that we want to develop over the next number of years."

He went on to say

"I'm very happy in my professional life. I'm very happy in my life personally in Leicestershire, it's a great place to live and work and we have created a real unity here at the club.

I know that is what he is expected to say but have to take it on face value. The way he talks about "the project" is the most gratifying thing. I think that is how everyone from the chairman down to the fans see it.

Spooky ...   thats exactly what is says in the article I posted above ....    :)

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

bbc not above a bit of plagiarism

Or the other way round ...  :)

There's only two things I'm intrigued about in the article I posted ...

Is Jordan Blackwell on FT ...   cus he always seems to answer any queries we have   :whistle: ...   and ...

Wtf is that big red eagley thing that Brendan is walking in front of ??!!   :blink:  

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Or the other way round ...  :)

There's only two things I'm intrigued about in the article I posted ...

Is Jordan Blackwell on FT ...   cus he always seems to answer any queries we have   :whistle: ...   and ...

Wtf is that big red eagley thing that Brendan is walking in front of ??!!   :blink:  

As we are playing brighton at the weekend I presume its a seagull?

I think one of the things that most people are overlooking is how much compensation we paid to secure his services. For the services of a manager it was a pretty hefty amount. Whilst he's under contract, performing well, and we have no desire to let him go, I would think we'd very much expect a fee which is above what we paid and represents his value to the club.

As such aside from Man Utd who have no respect for money, and possibly a very desperate Man City when Pep decides to move on, I can't think of many clubs who'd be willing to pay upwards of £10m to prise him from our grasp, especially when there are other manager's like Howe, Wilder, etc. who could be attained more easily and for a lot less.