Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

'Daniel Levy enquired about taking Brendan Rodgers from Leicester'

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

We won the league against all odds. Please stop pretending the option of managing a top london club as a multi millionaire over managing Leicester and living up old john is a choice.

Spurs have done us a huge favour by appointing a dated manager. But had levy but the 30 million compo on the table. Don't be blinded that Rodgers who has no connection to us wouldn't have at least been tempted to consider the job. The guy left a huge club for us. The man is ambitious.

I would think that Rodgers is looking at the next cycle of management at clubs like spurs, arsenal, Chelsea and Man City for him and his team.  If things go well then we should be able to keep him here for three years. suspect we may need to bump up his package if we make CL unless he has a v sig bonus clause already written into his deal. 

I think Brendan has big ambitions and Spurs don't even come close to that. To get that dream club  (Real, Barcelona etc) he needs to win something or two big with us first. Getting us in the top 4 and win the league cup this year would be a start. Over the next 3 years I think Brendan will be backing himself to deliver us another title and if he does I wouldn't blame him for taking an opportunity at a giant club but Spurs are now more our equal rather than superior. 

I know it happens. However, I feel you’ve got to have a certain amount of respect for your employer. I feel I’m looked after and I’m valued as a member of the team.

I could go elsewhere, I know I’d get more money but I need to fix a load of stuff and in the long run I’m not sure I’d be appreciated the way I am now.

For this reason, I always tell employment agencies / recruitment consultants / head hunters “no”, when they make enquires about me moving elsewhere. 

Maybe, just maybe, we have a Manager that feels the same?? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I would think that Rodgers is looking at the next cycle of management at clubs like spurs, arsenal, Chelsea and Man City for him and his team.  If things go well then we should be able to keep him here for three years. suspect we may need to bump up his package if we make CL unless he has a v sig bonus clause already written into his deal. 

I would very much imagine he has. Which is totally fine by me, and i'm sure Top as well.:D 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think to counteract the very common sense argument that Rodgers would go to ‘a bigger club’, I can’t see him leaving for 18 months to simply avoid the tag of Judas. When being  considered for a managerial role, the interested club would question well how long will be here for?

The timing of when United cuts the cord with Ole is important here. Rodgers won’t leave this season but if they wait until after and make a play for him next summer, he’ll probably try and make it happen.

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The timing of when United cuts the cord with Ole is important here. Rodgers won’t leave this season but if they wait until after and make a play for him next summer, he’ll probably try and make it happen.

Only Problem with this, Ole will not wither and become the fallen failing angel,has many oppo fans presume or hope....Like it or not he has Quality players Experience and Youth  he can Build on....They will Climb but still be inconsistent this season,those 5-6th positions are there to take.

Plus in These Next 2-3 seasons,I Dont believe he wants to move. Obviously depends if he can Keep his Star names on the Leicester books,if the odd One drifts,

he and Club will except that.....

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Only Problem with this, Ole will not wither and become the fallen failing angel,has many oppo fans presume or hope....Like it or not he has Quality players Experience and Youth  he can Build on....They will Climb but still be inconsistent this season,those 5-6th positions are there to take.

Plus in These Next 2-3 seasons,I Dont believe he wants to move. Obviously depends if he can Keep his Star names on the Leicester books,if the odd One drifts,

he and Club will except that.....

They might even accept it 😂

So I take it from a lot of comments that we wont or cant be "a big club".

shame,because isnt that the aim.

I dont think BR seems the type to move until he has done what he can with a team.

didnt he leave Celtic because they wouldn't aim higher?

would of thought going to a club and help it to be consistently in amongst titles and trophies would be more challenging than going to a club that tries to buy them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

We are in a purple patch right now but unless we start finishing top 6 regularly we remain a mid sized PL club, and thats fine with me.

Hardly goes with your profile picture of Vichai and 'Vichai had a dream'. ;)

Edited by hackneyfox

14 minutes ago, womp said:

I dont think BR seems the type to move until he has done what he can with a team.

didnt he leave Celtic because they wouldn't aim higher?

would of thought going to a club and help it to be consistently in amongst titles and trophies would be more challenging than going to a club that tries to buy them.

I think any club can become big - it just takes a long time.

If we can carry on challenging for Europe and investing in the infrastructure, then our profile will grow over time. If we can stay successful for, say, 5 years, we could be finishing top 4/6 regularly, in front of 40-odd thousand fans, with one of the best training facilities in the world. We won't be seen as one of the giant clubs, but we will be seen by many as just outside that bracket in terms of size. Maybe roughly on par or not far off West Ham/Newcastle/Everton/Villa in some people's eyes. That's probably enough for a level of players and staff to consider joining us when they wouldn't have before. Not that we need any right now.

I think people get 'bigger' and 'better' confused in this context, it may seem like semantics but there is a difference between being a 'big' club and being a 'good' club. weve got great owners, great new training facilities, great squad, great manager, seemingly great squad spirit and apparently a friendly family feel at the club. we should be less obsessed with being bigger and more concerned with being better. yes some players may be lured by the chance at a 'bigger' club, but if we keep aiming to be a 'better' club, one day the 'are we a big club' argument will answer itself.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, womp said:

I've always thought we're a stadium expansion away from this. Just upping it to 40/42,000 will be enough, it's a shame nothing ever seems to come of it.

16 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Just posted this in another thread ...   what say you about this ... 

Been told by an ITK (worked there in a senior role and usually very reliable) that LCFC stopped Levy talking to Brendan but if they had he would have loved to have gone there and was very keen ...   can one of our ITK's please tell me this is defo bolox as its made my bottom lip come out and it won't go back in ...    :(

Edited by Countryfox
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Bayfox said:

We won the league against all odds. Please stop pretending the option of managing a top london club as a multi millionaire over managing Leicester and living up old john is a choice.

Spurs have done us a huge favour by appointing a dated manager. But had levy but the 30 million compo on the table. Don't be blinded that Rodgers who has no connection to us wouldn't have at least been tempted to consider the job. The guy left a huge club for us. The man is ambitious.

A top London club but a genuinely big club? No. They don't have the global reach of other clubs. 

Yes, they are a bigger club than us and have been for a long time. But, they have never been 'that' much bigger than us. We're in an era now where some sustained success can move you to the big boys table. 

I'm sure that BR would be tempted by the Spurs job and holds no loyalty to us but why an earth would he take a backwards step there at this moment in time. We've got one of the most exciting squads in world football, ambitious owners, with a world class training facility on the way. 

Don't underestimate the position we're in and don't overestimate the pull of Tottenham Hotspur. Liverpool or Man City they are not.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Been told by an ITK (worked there in a senior role and usually very reliable) that LCFC stopped Levy talking to Brendan but if they had he would have loved to have gone there and was very keen ...   can one of our ITK's please tell me this is defo bolox as its made my bottom lip come out and it won't go back in ...    :(

Thanks for sharing that.

2cry.JPG.551626877f97a7e940d980c368f9ca7d.JPG

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Don't underestimate the position we're in and don't overestimate the pull of Tottenham Hotspur. Liverpool or Man City they are not.

I think people are really underestimating just how difficult it's going to be for Spurs to compete in the transfer market with the significant amount of new debt that they just took on.

Arsenal were in a similar situation and had a completely dedicated servant in Wenger to see them through that challenge. They still struggled to legitimately compete during that time and when they did, it was not by spending tons of money on players.