Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Starmer Next Labour Leader

8 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

This is beyond depressing, this geezer is an absolute mug. I voted Long Bailey but saying that it wasnt tough amongst the shite. 

I’m gonna give him a chance - you don’t have his CV by being an absolute mug. It’s all about personality now and how he plays it. When the battles do come between the parties though in the house.... Boris has to deal with a very different animal now in terms of intelligence, wit, speaking ability and crafting responses that aren’t just the maybot party line.... it’ll be significantly harder sparring.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’m gonna give him a chance - you don’t have his CV by being an absolute mug. It’s all about personality now and how he plays it. When the battles do come between the parties though in the house.... Boris has to deal with a very different animal now in terms of intelligence, wit, speaking ability and crafting responses that aren’t just the maybot party line.... it’ll be significantly harder sparring.

People have just got to give him a chance and see how he gets on, can't be more fairer than that.

At least it's a serious upgrade on what they had previously, Starmer obviously isn't Tony Blair but ar least we don't have a Labour party now whose leader will spout Russian propaganda in parliament or have a minority group ready to leave the country in droves if he wins.

The Corbynistas are an embarrassment though, watching the U-Turns of people like Owen Jones, Aaron Bastani and Paul Mason as they are still desperate to be one of the pundits put forward for media appearances in support of the opposition has been a bit sickening. I hope he remembers the positions they took.

Guest Markyblue

Is the rumour that he was in charge of the cps and decided there wasn't enough evidence against Jimmy savile true or made up. 

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Is the rumour that he was in charge of the cps and decided there wasn't enough evidence against Jimmy savile true or made up. 

Saw a few of the Corbyn mob retweeting this all over Twitter yesterday. No idea if it's true but whatever it will certainly be a bit more nuanced than just Starmer letting off Jimmy Savile.

Guest Markyblue
Just now, MattP said:

Saw a few of the Corbyn mob retweeting this all over Twitter yesterday. No idea if it's true but whatever it will certainly be a bit more nuanced than just Starmer letting off Jimmy Savile.

I agree totally but it will be a stick to beat him with when the going gets tough.  Politics are a dirty game .

Guest MattP
20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The only problem with this is he spent the last few trying to make the man who caused all that the leader of the country.

If you've done that you can't really take the moral high ground on the subject.

He's got so much work to do and will probably have to withdraw the whip from a few MP's if hes going to show he's serious. 

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Pretty damning on Corbyn that Starmer has been given access to the privy council straight away.

Just imagine what would have happened if Corbyn had won.

We would have had to have the civil service and security forces advising him, John McDonnell and Diane Abbott - people who are on record as having encouraged the defeat of the British state, how we would have handled it I've no idea. Would MI6 have even cleared them to receive the information?

Frightens me 34% of the nation actually voted for this situation. Thank god it's all over.

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Corbyn was on the Privy Council.

Yeah but Starmer will be going to the actual privy council meetings, if you know what I mean.

Guest MattP

One day out of office it took him to start retweeting cranky Twitter accounts.

He'll be a full on conspiracy pushing nutjob by 2021 like his brother.

IMG_20200406_100702.jpg

Guest MattP
8 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Is the fifty pound note thing true? Genuine question.

It's always been rumoured it was a part if bullingdon club initiation but never confirmed.

Burgon confirmed as gone now along with Lavery, Trickett and Gardiner. A full on Corbot clearout.

The Corbynistas are absolutely losing their shit on Twitter, and it's glorious.

Edited by Bilo
  • Like 3

Guest MattP
3 hours ago, Bilo said:

Burgon confirmed as gone now along with Lavery, Trickett and Gardiner. A full on Corbot clearout.

The Corbynistas are absolutely losing their shit on Twitter, and it's glorious.

lol

Have a guess who the anonymous MP is talking about lol

14 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Keir Starmer is a seriously impressive individual with a long history of fighting for social justice. My personal opinion is that he will make a superb leader, and would be an astounding Prime Minister. He may not be the 'entertainer' that some seem to want from our leaders, but if you are after an intelligent, thoughtful and decent human being, look no further than Keir Starmer.

Point made here on how he needs to "own" who he is. Some other good points too:

https://labourlist.org/2020/04/10-ways-to-make-labours-communications-professional-again/

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Point made here on how he needs to "own" who he is. Some other good points too:

https://labourlist.org/2020/04/10-ways-to-make-labours-communications-professional-again/

just read that myself. Good article which I strongly agree with (I work in the comms field). He's just appointed a new director of comms who I understand is a grown up (cf Seumas Milne, who had something of the dark side about him)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MattP said:

lol

Have a guess who the anonymous MP is talking about lol

Tbh I find the celebratory mood of 'moderate' Labour folk far too premature. The problem is they're projecting their own weak, feeble attempts to hold onto and then grab back the party over the last 5 years onto those who have now lost control. I don't expect the Corbynista lot to be quite so feeble.