Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Starmer Next Labour Leader

20 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

As Mac pointed out, whilst outspoken on his opinions is one of the more softly spoken members of the board and very rarely if ever insults another member yet Matt said he had ‘Trump Derangement Syndrome’.

I also don’t think it’s up to other members to police their ideological peers unless they’re being completely out of order. I’d say I probably agree in pure political terms with toddybad than you or Matt, yet I don’t agree with how he argues certain points. But I’m not a party whip, I’m sure you or Matt will argue his point and I won’t flagrantly defend him, but I don’t personally know the bloke and it’s not up to me or any other left-leaner on here to ‘correct’ him. 

But Swan has a point, for how intelligent Matt can be, he shows an outstanding bias and I don’t think it’s exactly surprising it’s the side who he critiques at every opportunity, big or small, call him out loudest on it. For how much we saw Matt drag up Corbyn’s IRA & Palestine links (fairly) yet when discussing Priti Patel, I’m yet to see Matt do a deep dive on her unsanctioned meeting(s) with Israel, in fact he seems to defend her tooth and nail from the fact the Home Secretary hasn’t been seen in a time of interior crisis and makes dismissive jokes instead. 

Personally I’d rather we all just stopped calling out peoples bias, without acknowledging our own.

We all have it, It’s harder to find the balanced posters than the unbalanced ones, people seem to enjoy the singling out malarkey, like their shit don’t stink.

I’d much rather have a hostile debate with @Toddybad and @MooseBreath’s latest incarnation, where we all know our own bias. Than the mollycoddled, edited threads that occur now. With people treading on eggshells to avoid bans. Then still getting them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Fox Covert said:

One thing Starmer needs to get on board quickly is to demand much greater accountability from government while Parliament is unable to sit at Westminster.

There is no reason why the Parliamentary Select Committees cannot continue their business by video conferencing.

There is also no reason why a system of indicative remote voting could not be introduced.

The Scottish government at Holyrood is also not in session but the processes of government and decision making there are much more transparent.

Some of the Tories, in particular Priti Patel, have been very reluctant to engage in the normal parliamentary process and have been able to avoid scrutiny simply by not attending meetings.

At the moment we seem to have government by a small inner cabinet and the normal process of democracy is suspended.

Im pretty sure that they were doing this after parliament was ‘locked down’ .....

36 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Personally I’d rather we all just stopped calling out peoples bias, without acknowledging our own.

We all have it, It’s harder to find the balanced posters than the unbalanced ones, people seem to enjoy the singling out malarkey, like their shit don’t stink.

I’d much rather have a hostile debate with @Toddybad and @MooseBreath’s latest incarnation, where we all know our own bias. Than the mollycoddled, edited threads that occur now. With people treading on eggshells to avoid bans. Then still getting them.

Quite. The asymmetric calling out of bias is far more tedious than the bias itself. 

As soon as toddy gets involved in any sort of debate, the mods rush to shut it down for absolutely no reason. This morning's virus thread was case in point where essentially the discussion was about the trade offs of lockdown that toddy viewed it differently to others and all the posts get deleted. Same happened a couple of weeks ago when he got his temporary GC ban for no reason. He can be as much of a nob as anyone else but no idea why anytime there's a bit of a discussion involving him the stasi swoop. 

Edited by Kopfkino
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MattP said:

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Do you just scour the internet every day to find stuff, however old to satisfy your hatred of the left? It’s a bit weird Matt tbh. 

It's been one of the top trending topics on Twitter since late afternoon yesterday so Matt wasn't exactly having to scour too deep into the internet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Quite. The asymmetric calling out of bias is far more tedious than the bias itself. 

As soon as toddy gets involved in any sort of debate, the mods rush to shut it down for absolutely no reason. This morning's virus thread was case in point where essentially the discussion was about the trade offs of lockdown that toddy viewed it differently to others and all the posts get deleted. Same happened a couple of weeks ago when he got his temporary GC ban for no reason. He can be as much of a nob as anyone else but no idea why anytime there's a bit of a discussion involving him the stasi swoop. 

I actually think @Toddybadis most a mosty intelligent and well reasoned poster, have a lot of time and respect for his viewpoints and others those of other - I dont always agree with them and it's actually good that we dont all agree in some echo chamber. Of course all people who believe strongly in something may occasionally get wound up and fly a bit of the handle! Normally these things are dealt with by those involved. Most people here are decent respectful people who want the best, we have different idea on how to get there.  Some of us maybe right or wrong  but none us us have the answer to everything.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Case in point exactly, and was the motivation behind my post.

I rarely agree with toddy but I don’t see what he did wrong.

If they want to avoid politics in the corona thread, there are quite a few of us that should have been treated similar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

As Mac pointed out, whilst outspoken on his opinions is one of the more softly spoken members of the board and very rarely if ever insults another member yet Matt said he had ‘Trump Derangement Syndrome’.

I also don’t think it’s up to other members to police their ideological peers unless they’re being completely out of order. I’d say I probably agree in pure political terms with toddybad than you or Matt, yet I don’t agree with how he argues certain points. But I’m not a party whip, I’m sure you or Matt will argue his point and I won’t flagrantly defend him, but I don’t personally know the bloke and it’s not up to me or any other left-leaner on here to ‘correct’ him. 

But Swan has a point, for how intelligent Matt can be, he shows an outstanding bias and I don’t think it’s exactly surprising it’s the side who he critiques at every opportunity, big or small, call him out loudest on it. For how much we saw Matt drag up Corbyn’s IRA & Palestine links (fairly) yet when discussing Priti Patel, I’m yet to see Matt do a deep dive on her unsanctioned meeting(s) with Israel, in fact he seems to defend her tooth and nail from the fact the Home Secretary hasn’t been seen in a time of interior crisis and makes dismissive jokes instead. 

I don't like pressing the point but I think it is important so I'll do it anyway and leave it at that afterwards - this happens almost 100% with matters concerning Trump, too. As if everything he does is a laugh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

If they want to avoid politics in the corona thread, there are quite a few of us that should have been treated similar.

Well apparently you can keep adding low value, low relevance posts about Priti Patel but you can't discuss the trade offs of lockdown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I actually think @Toddybadis most a mosty intelligent and well reasoned poster, have a lot of time and respect for his viewpoints and others those of other - I dont always agree with them and it's actually good that we dont all agree in some echo chamber. Of course all people who believe strongly in something may occasionally get wound up and fly a bit of the handle! Normally these things are dealt with by those involved. Most people here are decent respectful people who want the best, we have different idea on how to get there.  Some of us maybe right or wrong  but none us us have the answer to everything.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

I wasn't even aware of this going on, poor show. 

• Sad 1

Guest MattP

The replies to this are mental. He really is Corbynistas public enemy no1 atm.

I bet you half the people slating him are the ones who defended John Bercow as well when he was criticised for his wife saying or doing things.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lloyd Russell-Moyle promoted to Shadow Minister. I thought I recognised the name, this is the 'we'll fight them in the streets' bloke from the December election.

He's also the MP who tried to take the mace in the House of Commons. 

Edited by Guesty

Guest MattP
16 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lloyd Russell-Moyle promoted to Shadow Minister. I thought I recognised the name, this is the 'we'll fight them in the streets' bloke from the December election.

Biggest ponce in the HoC and that's some achievement. Only things I can remember him doing are grabbing the mace and making a public announcement that he has HIV.

The "fight them on the streets" video is hilarious, I wouldn't back the bloke to be able to beat up Jacob Rees-Mogg.

On 15/04/2020 at 17:40, MattP said:

The replies to this are mental. He really is Corbynistas public enemy no1 atm.

The sooner the world is rid of these vile Corbynista creatures the better.

They are the most spiteful, envious vile human beings I have ever had the misfortune to encounter.

Their double standards are hilarious, sanctimonious nasty idiots. Its laughable they have the gall the criticise Tories, all they do is sit bitching all day on Twitter - get out and make a difference you whining idiots.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The sooner the world is rid of these vile Corbynista creatures the better.

They are the most spiteful, envious vile human beings I have ever had the misfortune to encounter.

Their double standards are hilarious, sanctimonious nasty idiots. Its laughable they have the gall the criticise Tories, all they do is sit bitching all day on Twitter - get out and make a difference you whining idiots.

I fear it is because some people think that being vocal on social media is actually doing something/making a difference, which in 99% of cases just is not true.

It does buy them a bit of self-aggrandisement whilst allowing no accountability.

No wonder it’s catching on eh?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I fear it is because some people think that being vocal on social media is actually doing something/making a difference, which in 99% of cases just is not true.

It does buy them a bit of self-aggrandisement whilst allowing no accountability.

No wonder it’s catching on eh?

Yes, the state of the world! 

The weird thing is there are a great number of tories and tory voters that are damn decent people. Who do a lot in times like this. 

I'm yet to feel that I have met a corbynista I feel the same about,  they just seem whiney virtue signalers who very rarely back up their stuff with any real action.

On 13/04/2020 at 11:54, Strokes said:

I've often thought this weird.

In the arts, music, film, TV it's usually the bland, run of the mill, by the numbers, middle of the road efforts that are the most popular. It's all beige, vanilla, ready salted.

When it comes to politics however, hardly anyone is beige, vanilla or ready salted.

Just saying.

The Tories are not going to feel quite so cocky about PMQs with such a strong operator on the other side. Exactly the scrutiny and opposition the country needs.

FB_IMG_1587582823926.jpg

• Like 1