Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Villa Home Semi final on sale from 6pm

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

As at 4.30pm, there were 9743 tickets left.

What better way to make New Years Eve go faster, than counting up unsold seats!

:)

(I still think Wigan sales might hit Villa numbers, although obviously happy to be wrong.  There are only about 900 tickets left for Wigan, with J3, K, and L (and possibly P) the only home blocks still to be opened).

I know it’s just after Christmas and it’s three home games in a week etc but we haven’t  been in a Semi Final for nearly 20 years.

Sometimes I feel we’re a little too critical of our fan base particularly away from home but with the season we’ve been having I’m amazed that after STH and Members nearly 10k are hitting general sale. 

• Like 1

Anyone else having trouble with buying a ticket for this? I’ve waited for general sale so I could get my mum a seat next to me.

If I log in on my membership it won’t let me assign the second ticket to a non member, and if I try and buy without being logged in it says Anonymous client exceeds limitations 😤

The part where you select the owner comes up as blank all the time?

Alternatively I would buy one logged in under my membership then one not logged in but then it flags for leaving an empty seat 🤦🏻‍♀️

11 minutes ago, E.Rose said:

Anyone else having trouble with buying a ticket for this? I’ve waited for general sale so I could get my mum a seat next to me.

If I log in on my membership it won’t let me assign the second ticket to a non member, and if I try and buy without being logged in it says Anonymous client exceeds limitations 😤

Alternatively I would buy one logged in under my membership then one not logged in but then it flags for leaving an empty seat 🤦🏻‍♀️

I'm having the same issue. Trying to get a ticket for my dad, and won't let me assign a seat. Saying I've exceeded my ticket allocation 

3 minutes ago, isaidno said:

I'm having the same issue. Trying to get a ticket for my dad, and won't let me assign a seat. Saying I've exceeded my ticket allocation 

I’ve sorted it, such a long winded way, I created a new account then selected that I didn’t have a supporter number when the page prompts you asking for it.

I then went into Personal Details then scrolled down to friends and family, there I put in my membership number.

After that you can then go back and select the tickets then assign the second ticket to your season/membership number.

It’s worked but my word, that’s taken me the best part of 35 minutes?! 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, E.Rose said:

You have to assign each ticket to a different supporter as even though it's on general sale it's one ticket per person. To do that you need their supporter number or their name and either dob or postcode. 

If they are not registered supporters you'll need to get them registered first. You can do that online. It's one at a time though I'm afraid.

22 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Just after Christmas and the tickets aren't exactly cheap (not that they should be for a semi-final).

I thought the pricing (about half the cost of a Premier League game) was very reasonable, but clearly others have a different view. 

What price do folks think the club should have set for this?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

I thought the pricing (about half the cost of a Premier League game) was very reasonable, but clearly others have a different view. 

For a Semi Final game I thought it was just right. 

43 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

As a season ticket holder 21 quid is about spot on considering it's a semi final.

Shocked more people haven't brought their seats, unless they have missed the communications.

3 hours ago, Sean2000 said:

You have to assign each ticket to a different supporter as even though it's on general sale it's one ticket per person. To do that you need their supporter number or their name and either dob or postcode. 

If they are not registered supporters you'll need to get them registered first. You can do that online. It's one at a time though I'm afraid.

Cheers, I got there in the end 👍🏼

23 hours ago, BWRL said:

Really thought this would be a quick seller - surely will sell out for a SF!

It’s madness when you think that the quarter final games the previous 2 seasons against Man City have practically sold out and I think it was £25 an adult,

yet a semi final against a weak villa team the the prospect of Wembley,

plus excellent pricing and most don’t seem that interested if current sales are anything to go by🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

It’s madness when you think that the quarter final games the previous 2 seasons against Man City have practically sold out and I think it was £25 an adult,

plus excellent pricing and most don’t seem that interested if current sales are anything to go by🤷🏻‍♂️

Without making excuses it's the wrong side of Xmas and a lot of people will have also bought up for Wigan. So that's £25 minimum in cup tickets on top of whatever your direct debit is for you ST at a traditionally lean time of year. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Without making excuses it's the wrong side of Xmas and a lot of people will have also bought up for Wigan. So that's £25 minimum in cup tickets on top of whatever your direct debit is for you ST at a traditionally lean time of year. 

£20-£25 isn’t a lot of money for a semi final nowadays,

kids are even a fiver so I don’t think people can complain about the cost after Xmas,

these will be the same people racing to buy the away tickets which go on sale on Monday,again just after Xmas,

I couldn’t not go and even if it was £35 a ticket would find the money to go simply because it’s the semi final of the cup

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

The Man City games also only sold out very late, just like this Villa one will. So it's actually a non-issue. All league cup games over the past couple of years have followed a similar trend. I am sure the Villa game is actually selling quickest of the last couple of years of league cup games.

3 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

kids are even a fiver so I don’t think people can complain about the cost after Xmas,

these will be the same people racing to buy the away tickets which go on sale on Monday,again just after Xmas,

I couldn’t not go and even if it was £35 a ticket would find the money to go simply because it’s the semi final of the cup

I didn't say it was, but I did say that coupled with your Wigan ticket AND your ST, it quickly adds up. It's quite likely that a lot of people will be paying upwards of £80 this month on tickets, and that's just for one person, let alone if you have a couple or take kids with you. And at a time where a lot of people go 5/6 weeks on one pay packet. 

Like I say I'm not making excuses but I can see why sales are sluggish. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

The 2017-18 Quarter Final v Man City was effectively a sell-out (31562), but the following season was down by 7000 and was only attended by 24644.

I think this was less to do with price, and more to do with "we're gonna play another weakened team, so what's the f***ing point"

5 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

Depends how you look at it. 21x 3 plus my lads. Theres 70 quid. Coupled with having paid nearly 40 for wigan. On top of 3 x41.50 plus 9 quid for my lads season tickets.

Now I'm going to all the games and will be all over tickets to villa park as well.

But that's not necessarily the same for everyone at especially at Christmas.

The club have been more than fair with the pricing. But you are talking the thick end of 250 before you buy for the away semi, plus the club put, Burnley, west ham and Newcastle all on sale pre Christmas. I for 1 don't have bottomless pit and only managed west ham over Christmas and new year.

• Like 1