Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Villa Home Semi final on sale from 6pm

15 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

They need to relax the family stand rules if they want any chance of selling this out. About 150 seats across the rest of the ground then 1500 or so in the family stand.

Genuine question, have you tried ringing the ticket office and asking?

More like 600 in the rest of the ground - but if you want 2 adults or seniors together you are looking at £50 each now. So I agree the club should be flexible, but they may want to shift the tickets which cost twice as much at first.

Edited by bart

1 hour ago, GlennyFox55 said:

They need to relax the family stand rules if they want any chance of selling this out. About 150 seats across the rest of the ground then 1500 or so in the family stand.

Just sent an email to the club reiterating what you've said. 

I'll post what response I get.

• Like 1

In hindsight I guess they could have made an entire block of the family stand available for general sale. They weren't to know.

I'm guessing it's a combination of TV game,  Christmas , money being a bit tight and not wanting to take really young kids to a night game. 

I will say that way way back in the day my Dad would take me regardless. He even pulled a fake dentist appointment to get me out of school early for an England Wembley international on a Wednesday night. I still have the memories of that night. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Livid said:

In hindsight I guess they could have made an entire block of the family stand available for general sale. They weren't to know.

I'm guessing it's a combination of TV game,  Christmas , money being a bit tight and not wanting to take really young kids to a night game. 

I will say that way way back in the day my Dad would take me regardless. He even pulled a fake dentist appointment to get me out of school early for an England Wembley international on a Wednesday night. I still have the memories of that night. 

Similar to me. I loved going night games, Pump & Tap or Black Horse with his mates. 
Pub & Marios after the game then back home getting into a cold bed & having school next day. 

Probably why I got 0 grades A-C 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

2079 tickets in total available.

1482 in the Family Stand

504 in the Keith Weller and Walker Hall sections.

Only a few tickets left in the cheaper non-family areas.

So another 30K plus attendance for a cup game. 60K in 5 days. Where's that muppet that was moaning about the ground not needing development lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So another 30K plus attendance for a cup game. 60K in 5 days. Where's that muppet that was moaning about the ground not needing development lol 

Tbf to him, I honestly thought this would of sold out few days ago, im actually surprised there are so many tickets left, yes its a cup game, but its a semi final a first in 20 years, thought they would of been snapped up first day of gen sale

36 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Couldn't they have solved this by not allowing tickets for children in other areas for this one?

Yeah wicked idea. I'll send my lad in the family stand on his own, because you don't think he should be able to use his seat next to me on the kop.

Sure at 8 years old and 10pm at night he will be fine.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Yeah wicked idea. I'll send my lad in the family stand on his own, because you don't think he should be able to use his seat next to me on the kop.

Sure at 8 years old and 10pm at night he will be fine.

I'm clearly not talking about season ticket holders. That is daft.

34 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I'm clearly not talking about season ticket holders. That is daft.

Then I don't get your point. It's not a league game so therefore not on a season ticket. 

Are you suggesting that the club refuse to sell to people taking kids, unless they buy in the family stand? 

The problem is more that because it's a late game and was a flat rate. Plenty of people who do have kids but have decided not to take them have opted to buy elsewhere in the ground, or have been made to buy elsewhere because you are meant to take a minor with you in the family stand. I doubt all of a sudden the other 3 stands are gonna be stacked with small kids.

40 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Then I don't get your point. It's not a league game so therefore not on a season ticket. 

Are you suggesting that the club refuse to sell to people taking kids, unless they buy in the family stand? 

The problem is more that because it's a late game and was a flat rate. Plenty of people who do have kids but have decided not to take them have opted to buy elsewhere in the ground, or have been made to buy elsewhere because you are meant to take a minor with you in the family stand. I doubt all of a sudden the other 3 stands are gonna be stacked with small kids.

You've hit the nail on the head, other than the fact that there will be plenty of kids in the Kop etc.

They'll be quite a few kids in the rest of the ground, nothing wrong with that but child tickets should be slightly cheaper in the family stand to encourage people with kids there. Instead they'll now be people sneaking into the family stand with an unused kids ticket wasting a seat.

20 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Pretty sure the club restrict that. I know it’s been the case when younger lads have tried to buy with UFS the club sales system has prevented it.

wait what? since when?