Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Villa Home Semi final on sale from 6pm

9 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Are you a season ticket holder? Doesn’t go on sale to members until 30th December. Away leg hasn’t been released yet 

4D2A3724-0323-49BF-B2E3-313B30E6656F.jpeg

Sorted now cheers, ST holders but my lad is now 22 but the let him have an U/22 season ticket but I’ve spent ages going round in circles but finally had to upgrade it to adult as he is 22, hey ho tickets all done now... :scarf:

• Like 2

Do people think this will sell out easy enough? It seems strange to say that as I remember we took about 13,000 to Wimbledon in a SF but the support we have today seems a bit blase about a SF.

I'd like three extra tickets for my family but I'm not sure whether to hold off buying my own ticket or gamble on getting four together. 

Edited by Gerard

23 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Do people think this will sell out easy enough? It seems strange to say that as I remember we took about 13,000 to Wimbledon in a SF but the support we have today seems a bit blase about a SF.

I'd like three extra tickets for my family but I'm not sure whether to hold off buying my own ticket or gamble on getting four together. 

Yeah this will sell out. It's our first home game in the competition as well as reasonably priced tickets. 

It's more likely people are being casual about it because everyone is guaranteed their ST seat. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't sell out.   (Villa have got 3300 away allocation, so 29000 left for us)

It's early in the New Year, when no one has got any money.   It's sandwiched between the Wigan and Southampton home games (3 games in a week), and it's live on Sky.

In addition, 1st leg matches often don't completely sell out.   2nd leg semi finals nearly always do.

For example, our 1st leg home playoff matches against Cardiff (2009-10) and Watford (2012-13) were watched by 29,000 and 29,500 crowds respectively.   Decent crowds but not full houses.

In the League cup 1996-97, we only had 16,000 at home to Wimbledon in the semi 1st leg (well below capacity), but took 8-9000 away fans to the away 2nd leg.

And in the last League Cup Semi final (1999-2000), Villa's home 1st leg only attracted 28,000 whilst the 2nd leg at Filbert Street was a sellout.

Obviously this is all a few years ago, and I'd be glad to be proved wrong if we sellout home to Villa.    I'm just making a historical observation.

Edited by worth_the_wait

13 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't sell out.   (Villa have got 3300 away allocation, so 29000 left for us)

It's early in the New Year, when no one has got any money.   It's sandwiched between the Wigan and Southampton home games (3 games in a week), and it's live on Sky.

In addition, 1st leg matches often don't completely sell out.   2nd leg semi finals nearly always do.

For example, our 1st leg home playoff matches against Cardiff (2009-10) and Watford (2012-13) were watched by 29,000 and 29,500 crowds respectively.   Decent crowds but not full houses.

In the League cup 1996-97, we only had 16,000 at home to Wimbledon in the semi 1st leg (well below capacity), but took 8-9000 away fans to the away 2nd leg.

And in the last League Cup Semi final (1999-2000), Villa's home 1st leg only attracted 28,000 whilst the 2nd leg at Filbert Street was a sellout.

Obviously this is all a few years ago, and I'd be glad to be proved wrong if we sellout home to Villa.    I'm just making a historical observation.

I think this will sell out. Can't compare to 20 years ago, demand is much higher now. Loads of people can't get to home games as they rarely make general sale.

Might take until a day before the match but this will sell out I am sure.

1 hour ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Can a season ticket holder buy during the members sale on 30th December rather than reserving their own seat? 

You can actually purchase (online) any non taken STH seats from about 17:00 or 18:00 on Sunday 29th December. So you don't even have to wait until member sales start on the Monday.

• Thanks 1

On 24/12/2019 at 14:19, worth_the_wait said:

Decent observation but i think it will sell out. The demand is much higher these days, the types of people that attend these days are the types that, 10 or 20 years ago, would barely have known Leicester had a football team. Premier league football is fashionable now and City are doing well so there's more people around.

I'm not having a go at the metropolitan elite, latte liberal or banter lad types that attend matches at the KP nowadays, i think it's a sign of progress and success when a club can attract these types away from coffee shops or stag dos in Bulgaria.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ah, I never realised League Cup was only 10%, I thought it was 15% like the FA Cup. 

Strictly speaking it's actually 10% or 2,000, whichever is lower. However, most PL teams just stick to the normal allocation they give for PL games for ease. The Carabao Cup runs under EFL laws, not PL or FA. Hence the differences.

Having said that, Liverpool and Wolves got bigger allocations from Villa (4,500 and 5,300 respectively). Not sure if Villa didn't think they would sell out but certainly Wolves I would have thought was an easy sell out. Turns out neither game sold out but surely for a League Cup semi final, Villa expect a full house.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

As a S/T holder I've not bought mine yet as I'm hoping to buy me +3 family members who only go cup matches. It would be shameful if this doesn't sell out.

Very surprised that there's loads left, but I can understand why. Just after Christmas and the tickets aren't exactly cheap (not that they should be for a semi-final), the home leg is first, the more important leg is the second one, and the game will be televised too.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

On 24/12/2019 at 14:19, worth_the_wait said:

Yeah Wimbledon only bought 47 fans though

As at 4.30pm, there were 9743 tickets left.

What better way to make New Years Eve go faster, than counting up unsold seats!

:)

(I still think Wigan sales might hit Villa numbers, although obviously happy to be wrong.  There are only about 900 tickets left for Wigan, with J3, K, and L (and possibly P) the only home blocks still to be opened).

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 1