Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Aston Villa v Leicester City Carabo Cup 28.01.20

On 16/01/2020 at 20:14, worth_the_wait said:

I sent an Email to Cross Country a week or so ago, asking whether they could put on a "Football Special" to Witton  (or a late train back from Birmingham after the match).

I got a polite reply back thanking me for my suggestion, but basically saying that there were no plans to do it, as all their trains are in full time use, and that it would be very complicated from a timetable planing purpose, and that Witton isn't a station that they serve, etc etc.

I wasn't holding out much hope, but there was no harm in asking.

Ah, it's West Midlands Railway who serve Witton station! They are pretty responsive on Twitter if you wanted to ask on there, but considering they are in danger of losing their franchise because they can't provide the basic service that they are meant to, I wouldn't hold much hope of them being able to run extra services!

8 hours ago, rachhere said:

Ah, it's West Midlands Railway who serve Witton station! They are pretty responsive on Twitter if you wanted to ask on there, but considering they are in danger of losing their franchise because they can't provide the basic service that they are meant to, I wouldn't hold much hope of them being able to run extra services!

And if I asked WMT, they would no doubt say that Leicester is not one of the stations they serve.  

The old British Rail did have its problems, but at least they treated all the stations, as a single network.  

Just imagine if that revolutionary idea caught on again? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

And if I asked WMT, they would no doubt say that Leicester is not one of the stations they serve.  

The old British Rail did have its problems, but at least they treated all the stations, as a single network.  

Of all the state funded promises that get thrown about in manifestos, the railways would be one I'd whole heartedly support. Absolute disgrace how the prices keep going up for a proportionally worse service :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

Oh I got you, you want a service from Witton direct to Leicester without going into new street? Not sure that’s possible with the way the lines work, but was worth asking I guess!

5 hours ago, BlueBoy1 said:

Anyone else been scammed by this guy? Takes the money but no ticket?

20 minutes ago, Timtmc said:

He pm’d me offering 1 but I declined as I was after 2 and since then managed to pick one up when some more got added on Friday.  Said he lived in London and could I bacs and he’ll post. Swerved one there.  What a w****r

@Mark

• Like 1

On 12/01/2020 at 17:14, Keith.walls said:

1 available for this. First come first serve. PM

On 12/01/2020 at 20:01, Sean2000 said:

Wants £50 apparently 🤔

6 hours ago, BlueBoy1 said:

Anyone else been scammed by this guy? Takes the money but no ticket?

Seems a lovely bloke, doubling the price of the ticket and then scamming people. Hopefully banned and you can try and claim money back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Topman said:

Just be careful guys, i got scammed by someone offering me 3 x season tickets for the Liverpool home game, luckily bank refunded me.

After 2 tickets for villa away, didnt make mu allocations of 305 season ticket points

Someone off here?