Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Villa at Home (Carabao Cup) - Match Thread

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

No hamza tonight then as he’s going to have a lot of football next few weeks !!

Mendy or Praet , if we were away I think he would have gone Mendy so I expect Praet to push up more.

Just now, MPH said:

id be surprised.

Hamza, Mendy and Praet should be more than enough to cover for a few weeks. no need to panic buy/ loan.

Yeah I didn’t really consider the other options before I typed that out tbh 

• Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

id be surprised.

Hamza, Mendy and Praet should be more than enough to cover for a few weeks. no need to panic buy/ loan.

but it could cost us dearly. If we hang on to Mendy he can leave on a free at the end of the season and there may have been plans afoot to cash in this month while he still has a value. That said Brendan has said nobody will be leaving unlesss we want them to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

but it could cost us dearly. If we hang on to Mendy he can leave on a free at the end of the season and there may have been plans afoot to cash in this month while he still has a value. That said Brendan has said nobody will be leaving unlesss we want them to.

yeah we’ll miss him but it wouldn’t make sense to bring a replacement in- need to earmark the funds for elsewhere 

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

it’ll still be a big loss though, even if it’s just a couple of weeks...

It will.  Hamza and Mendy can deputise but nobody shields the defence like Wilf.  He is worth two players, the true heir to the the Kante twins.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1