Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Bertrand Traore

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. It is a stereotypical commitment attributed to black players!! 

Much in the same way as "power and pace" is a backhanded comment attributed to black players. 

Okay, let’s not drag it out but I have seen/heard non-black players described as “lazy” a million times, and thus would never have thought it code for black.

19 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Okay, let’s not drag it out but I have seen/heard non-black players described as “lazy” a million times, and thus would never have thought it code for black.

Nor would I. Undoubtedly some racism appears sadly to have crept back into football but don't think this is a viable example.

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. no agenda!! 

It is well documented and I can assure you it's not a new thing? 

If you wish to remain ignorant in this respect that is your prerogative!! 

Well documented by who ? people with a woke agenda I can assure you . If you wish to remain ignorant of being used by someone else's agenda that's your prerogative.:thumbup:

32 minutes ago, TRAD-DAD said:

Well documented by who ? people with a woke agenda I can assure you . If you wish to remain ignorant of being used by someone else's agenda that's your prerogative.:thumbup:

It’s called an unconscious bias for a reason you know....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well it’s called an unconscious bias by everybody. The people who ‘made it’ ironically are probably those most unconscious of it and to the people who are subject to it, it’s not even a debate, it’s just common practice in terms of the way audiences write about their physical and cultural associations and attributes before their talent, sporting guile, exquisite play, honed technique or tactical reading of the game.... etc...

Everybody? surely not?. Anyway I'm not easily swayed by popular perceptions I prefer to have a mind of my own . But thank you for your points on the matter and replying.:thumbup:

31 minutes ago, TRAD-DAD said:

Everybody? surely not?. Anyway I'm not easily swayed by popular perceptions I prefer to have a mind of my own . But thank you for your points on the matter and replying.:thumbup:

Here you go: I’ve stolen this definition in an attempt to demonstrate that I’m not trying to convince you of a liberal fake news nasty oppressive white peoples phenomenon! More just an unintentional and normal process that everybody does and not just about race or ethnicity but about loads of things!

What is unconscious bias? 

Bias is a prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another usually in a way that’s considered to be unfair. Biases may be held by an individual, group, or institution and can have negative or positive consequences. 

There are types of biases

1. Conscious bias (also known as explicit bias) and
  2. Unconscious bias (also known as implicit bias)

It is important to note that biases, conscious or unconscious, are not limited to ethnicity and race. Though racial bias and discrimination are well documented, biases may exist toward any social group. One’s age, gender, gender identity physical abilities, religion, sexual orientation, weight, and many other characteristics are subject to bias. 

Unconscious biases are social stereotypes about certain groups of people that individuals form outside their own conscious awareness. Everyone holds unconscious beliefs about various social and identity groups, and these biases stem from one’s tendency to organize social worlds by categorizing. 

Unconscious bias is far more prevalent than conscious prejudice and often incompatible with one’s conscious values. Certain scenarios can activate unconscious attitudes and beliefs. For example, biases may be more prevalent when multi-tasking or working under time pressure. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

It would be really great if we can leave the for and against wokeness args to another forum and keep this to football. :thumbup:

Im sure all sensible and reasonable folks can agree that racism is bad, but that sometimes what people see or define as racism can differ. I make no comment either way other than to say that social media is not an great place for debates that need context and nuance - social media polarises and is corosive. Please - lets leave this off the forum for the health of the forum

I wish it was all that simple Jacnah.

• Like 2

On 25/01/2020 at 11:15, sacreblueits442 said:

****s sake, so describing someone's natural attributes is now rasict? 

I have never heard Pogba described as having pace and power(because he hasn't) , just technical ability. 

Would it not be more rasict to ignore, on purpose someone's natural talents and describe it as something else just to appear not rasict? 

Soon just being a white male will be rasict, it's pathetic the world needs to grow up and realise that not every comment made is rasict or sexist or whatever ist 

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

****s sake, so describing someone's natural attributes is now rasict? 

I have never heard Pogba described as having pace and power(because he hasn't) , just technical ability. 

Would it not be more rasict to ignore, on purpose someone's natural talents and describe it as something else just to appear not rasict? 

Soon just being a white male will be rasict, it's pathetic the world needs to grow up and realise that not every comment made is rasict or sexist or whatever ist 

I have seen it many times, even with Pogba, although less with him because he's been in the PL so long and the media has hammered into us how he "needs to be unlocked" so long. Someone like Ndombele is described as a "physical beast" when in reality he is not a very physical player and most of his attributes are to do with his technical abilities. Black midfielders like Keita are described by newspapers and pundits as "Kantéesque" when in reality he has a high workrate but is much more similar in playstyle to someone like Grealish.

It's absolutely a real thing, and people denying it kind of shocks me a little. Although someone with a username like TRAD DAD saying it doesn't exist doesn't surprise me. I bet he has or wants a Trad wife as well...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tradwife

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I have seen it many times, even with Pogba, although less with him because he's been in the PL so long and the media has hammered into us how he "needs to be unlocked" so long. Someone like Ndombele is described as a "physical beast" when in reality he is not a very physical player and most of his attributes are to do with his technical abilities. Black midfielders like Keita are described by newspapers and pundits as "Kantéesque" when in reality he has a high workrate but is much more similar in playstyle to someone like Grealish.

It's absolutely a real thing, and people denying it kind of shocks me a little. Although someone with a username like TRAD DAD saying it doesn't exist doesn't surprise me. I bet he has or wants a Trad wife as well...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tradwife

I dont deny racism exists, it most certainly does, its another way the establishment divides and controls us, its the same as being called a leftist vegan hippy, or a right wing nazi.

its all just made up stuff that people are conditioned to notice so that we don't unite as the human race and sort out the real worlds troubles.

We are all different and rather than be ridiculed for those differences, just embrace them and celebrate them.

Basketball players are tall, most of the tallest and best are black (not all of course), i am fat and not good at basketball, but could a basketball player do my job? most likely not as they haven't had years of training and experience in my field, as i haven't in basketball, the basketball player also don't have my genetic advantages of being able to sit on my arse drinking coffee trying to meet tight deadlines, but i don't hold that against them, i allow them to use thier genetic advantage of being able to jump high and get a ball into a basket.

There is a lot wrong with the media and we should mostly just ignore it, all they are trying to do is sell editorials and clicks. They do this by printing the same bullshit rhetoric over and over again, the words don't change, just the names, Heskey was strong and powerful, but lazy then it was Yakubu now its Lukkaku (or whom ever)

We have this perception, I have even seen it my self, Yakubu and Heskey standing in the middle of the opposition half letting most of the game pass them by, waiting for them to be able to use their natural ability of power and pace to run at the opposing team, this cant be done if they are tracking back all the time and getting stuck in, it just inst their game, so they get labelled lazy.

with all considered, my opinion on this matter is..

Screw the media, they are just vultures, celebrate each others difference, realize that different people are good at different things, not everyone intrinsically racist but there are real racists who are just serving the narrative pushed upon them by the people in their ivory towers to create an artificial proxy war.