Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swiss_tony

Rodger's greatest achievement this season

7 goals and 4 assists in 6 starts in all competitions; 12 appearances overall and in just 379 minutes - absolutely phenomenal output. Just goes to show that the talent is there, it's finding the right mindset and system for him to thrive. I'm sure some would argue that Gray's inconsistent flashes of greatness and lack of output would count as a failure against Rodgers, but that would be harsh on both of them IMO.

Finishing in the top 4 would be the better achievement though for me - as would a cup :fc: - though we shouldn't be focusing on just this season's accolades; Champions League football is unbelievable for us but we should aim to qualifying for it long term. Sustainable success is right within our grasp and I can't ****ing wait for it.

6 hours ago, Swiss_tony said:

Won't be CL football (if we get it), it will be rebuilding Ieanacho from pub player with no confidence, to PL striker.

Pub player? 

Nah lad. This is the striker ae signed the poor ****er was riddled with injuries after the BMG game and our fans are shit. Hes still a kid we booed him. 

• Like 2

Maybe this would be a better question on 29th Jan (LC Semi final), 2nd March (LC Final), 19th April (FA CUP Semi Finals), 17th May (End of League season), 23rd May (FA Cup final).

I suspect most of us have probably become almost a bit blase about us as a team.  We have spent 63 years outside the top flight and 51 years inside it.

Next season (as we are now safe!) we will equal our 3rd longest ever spell in the top flight.  1 and 2 were 100 & 50 years ago!!!

We have been 1st once, only 4 years ago, we have been 2nd once 91 years ago, 3rd once 92 years ago, 4th once 52 years ago.

We should finish in the top 4 now, we're not bad, the competition (Manure, Spuds & Wolves) are too inconsistent, all eminently beatable by all in this league and in Europe for a while, and mathematically with current form a very long way behind and running out of games.

If we reach a cup final (god if we won it!!) and finished in the top 4 that would be our 2nd best season in history 4 years after our best, with probably a better team than 4 years ago.  Don't forget the 8 League wins on the bounce.

A Champions League run next season, quarter's perhaps again could finance us consistently matching/overtaking, certainly Manure, Arsenal & even Spurs, the 1st 2 are in disarray and 2 or 3 seasons from improvement.

For me he has got us to overpotentialise, he has shown respects for the cups and what a ride that is for us all, unlike Claude for almost a year we didn't lose to teams we shouldn't have (Soton, Burnley).  We have even discovered since West Ham that the back up players can win games relatively easily, Wigan, Brentford perhaps Birmingham/Coventry.

We may be lucky enough to prioritise the FA Cup in April & May!!! (Lucky draws included).

My big hope is he persuades ALL of that team to stay next week if we reach the Champions League, aside from Man City or Liverpool, the rest of the so called "big boys" are unhappy, underperfoming clubs in the short to mid term, stay here lads (Wilf, Riccy, Ben, Maddison) and continue the ride and lets really build a consistent 5 year top 6, cup competitive club.

2 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Maybe this would be a better question on 29th Jan (LC Semi final), 2nd March (LC Final), 19th April (FA CUP Semi Finals), 17th May (End of League season), 23rd May (FA Cup final).

I suspect most of us have probably become almost a bit blase about us as a team.  We have spent 63 years outside the top flight and 51 years inside it.

Next season (as we are now safe!) we will equal our 3rd longest ever spell in the top flight.  1 and 2 were 100 & 50 years ago!!!

We have been 1st once, only 4 years ago, we have been 2nd once 91 years ago, 3rd once 92 years ago, 4th once 52 years ago.

We should finish in the top 4 now, we're not bad, the competition (Manure, Spuds & Wolves) are too inconsistent, all eminently beatable by all in this league and in Europe for a while, and mathematically with current form a very long way behind and running out of games.

If we reach a cup final (god if we won it!!) and finished in the top 4 that would be our 2nd best season in history 4 years after our best, with probably a better team than 4 years ago.  Don't forget the 8 League wins on the bounce.

A Champions League run next season, quarter's perhaps again could finance us consistently matching/overtaking, certainly Manure, Arsenal & even Spurs, the 1st 2 are in disarray and 2 or 3 seasons from improvement.

For me he has got us to overpotentialise, he has shown respects for the cups and what a ride that is for us all, unlike Claude for almost a year we didn't lose to teams we shouldn't have (Soton, Burnley).  We have even discovered since West Ham that the back up players can win games relatively easily, Wigan, Brentford perhaps Birmingham/Coventry.

We may be lucky enough to prioritise the FA Cup in April & May!!! (Lucky draws included).

My big hope is he persuades ALL of that team to stay next week if we reach the Champions League, aside from Man City or Liverpool, the rest of the so called "big boys" are unhappy, underperfoming clubs in the short to mid term, stay here lads (Wilf, Riccy, Ben, Maddison) and continue the ride and lets really build a consistent 5 year top 6, cup competitive club.

What a word. Reminds me of Iain Dowie and bouncebackability which somehow became a legitimate word.

I dunno about Brendan, but sometimes when i have a massive shit in the morning, i feel like that's the highlight of my day, sometimes week on for a good one.

I bet if he did a shit big enough, he could be proud of that all season.