Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Edmond Tapsoba

39 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Ha ha all I know is we are desperately trying to bring in a CB.

Also another keeper is on the agenda but that may happen in the summer. 

What sort of profile?

To replace Ward, to replace Schmeichel or a young GK with loads of potential to replace Kasper in a couple of years?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-wolves-involved-big-auction-defender-player-prefer-premier-league-move/

The Portuguese press continues to follow the situation of Edmond Tapsoba, who could be leaving Vitória Guimarães in the last days of the transfer window.

We’ve seen two kinds of reports about the player today. One of them comes from O Jogo, who had already written about the bids made by Bayer Lerverkusen, Leicester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

This time they say all the clubs have offered €20m, even though the first report said the German side had made a bid of €18m.

But they explain Vitória Guimarães are being tough, resisting to all bids. That’s why the negotiations haven’t really moved forward of late.

Newspaper Record sound a little more confident about the move, but they don’t expect him to be so close to the Premier League sides.

They say besides Bayer, there’s also Borussia Dortmund trying to take Tapsoba to the Bundesliga. The Leverkusen side is said to be the only one with an official bid for him, after making an offer of €18m.

However, they say Leicester and Wolverhampton have been ‘pointed out’ as two clubs who are interested in the player, and his preference for the Premier League is something that could help them to get the defender.

With less than 48 hours left in the transfer window, if Brendan Rodgers or Nuno Espirito Santo want the defender at the King Power Stadium or Molineux by the end of the week, they might have to speed things up.

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

57 minutes ago, Gerard said:

What sort of profile?

To replace Ward, to replace Schmeichel or a young GK with loads of potential to replace Kasper in a couple of years?

I thought Daniel Iversen was quite highly rated? Good loans at Oldham and now Rotherham and is on the Danish international pathway. Is he still thought of as being nowhere near the first team? I'd have thought he could challenge Ward for that backup spot next season.

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Roger, makes sense with the GK. Get the old inside chap to start sticking post-it notes on Brendan’s door reading “Alban Lafont”. He can thank me later.

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Roger, makes sense... well, just tell the old insider to start putting post-it notes on Brendans office door with “Alban Lafont” not them. He will thank me later.

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Roger, makes sense with the GK. Get the old inside chap to start sticking post-it notes on Brendan’s door reading “Alban Lafont”. He can thank me later.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Roger, makes sense... well, just tell the old insider to start putting post-it notes on Brendans office door with “Alban Lafont” not them. He will thank me later.

:huh:

17 minutes ago, Frost said:

Having a medical at Leverkusen today. Lock thread.

tbh, threads like this show ‘Jermaine Beckford syndrome ‘  in all its glory ! 

just sign someone .........anyone .............

one month later ........’why did we buy that crap’?

this guy may well be decent but were we ever seriously in for him ?  

Edited by st albans fox