Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Not managed to catch much of it this morning but that's some effort by India's bowlers. Not sure their batsmen will thank them too much for having however many overs they have to see off tonight though...

Been great so far. And it's only been 2 days. Was gutted for Kohli. Looked set for a big score, looked so settled and calm and got run out by Rahane effectively. 

Bumrah did better than Shaw when batting and fending off Starc and Cummins lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Been great so far. And it's only been 2 days. Was gutted for Kohli. Looked set for a big score, looked so settled and calm and got run out by Rahane effectively. 

Bumrah did better than Shaw when batting and fending off Starc and Cummins lol 

Next summer could be an immense series if India start backing themselves away from home like this.

You got any tickets for the series? Sorted Saturday at Old Trafford today so have a fiver on City getting Man United away that day...

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Next summer could be an immense series if India start backing themselves away from home like this.

You got any tickets for the series? Sorted Saturday at Old Trafford today so have a fiver on City getting Man United away that day...

I think it will be quality, especially depending how Feb's test series in India goes as well. Could be a good curtain-raiser for what happens in Sept.

Friday for Old Trafford :D! Would be great if the series is still to be decided by this 5th test.

Day 1 as well so guaranteed cricket. Do not fvcking rain!!! Heading up early Friday morning then staying over 1 night after the cricket. I get married couple weeks before and the missus already doesn't mind me going lol 

Tried to get tickets to The Oval a week before but that might have been pushing it a bit...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Stag?

Might have to re-appraise my "immense series" prediction after this though. Jeez.

Maybe this can be India's Knockaert/Watford moment and next summer can be our Andrea Bocelli moment 😂

Stag is in June. I've left it up to @Hitesh to organise...

:frantics:

As much as I love Kumar Sangakkara, his inclusion in there as a keeper is laughable really. He hasn't kept in Tests since 2008 ffs lol

Like you say, Root unlucky not to be included despite scoring the highest number of runs in the qualifying period. Up against some quality other batsmen though. 

Bumrah has been quality but has only played a handful of tests tbf. I'd probably go Cummins over Steyn. 

The only problem Root has is having to go up against Smith, Kohli and Williamson for his batting position and sadly he's not quite as good as any of them. If he plays anywhere else in the order he gets in.

I'd have Watling in there over Sangakkara, but I'd leave the rest the same.

22 hours ago, StanSP said:

ICC Team of the Decade... 

Might be biased but I'd have Bumrah in there instead of Steyn. Steyn hasn't played properly for about 5 years lol

Bit harsh on Root missing out considering the amount of runs he's scored. 

Why are they doing the team of the decade awards a year after the decade has ended? :ph34r: