Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

2 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Not sure if anyone watches much of the IPL but Archer is absolutely incredible, feel like he’s hitting new levels in this tournament, just unstoppable.

He is impressing a lot. Today moreso in the early overs but got smacked in the death overs. His ability to come in though when batting and just hit a quick 20 has been the difference in some games.

• 3 weeks later...

What are these new big bash rules all about? Completely unnecessary and just an attempt to be clever. 

A power surge? Two over power play

X factor player? Wtf is that?

Bonus point? If you're ahead of the opponent's score after 10 overs, or the opponent gets it if you are behind 

As if cricket wasn't complicated enough at times lol

The rule they do need to clamp down on is the substitute fielder in Twenty20 games, watched a fair bit of the IPL and I think it was Mumbai Indians who had player who was in the field for almost every game yet never officially played lol

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

What are these new big bash rules all about? Completely unnecessary and just an attempt to be clever. 

A power surge? Two over power play

X factor player? Wtf is that?

Bonus point? If you're ahead of the opponent's score after 10 overs, or the opponent gets it if you are behind 

As if cricket wasn't complicated enough at times lol

The rule they do need to clamp down on is the substitute fielder in Twenty20 games, watched a fair bit of the IPL and I think it was Mumbai Indians who had player who was in the field for almost every game yet never officially played lol

Shame more players don't speak up about this. See also The Hundred...

Cricket is absolutely fine as it is. The beauty is that the same rules generally apply whether the match is 20 overs each or two innings over 450 overs with differences such as power plays and limited bowling time.

It doesn't need "exciting" new innovations. They've completely lost the idea that T20 was successful because it was a shortened version of the game, not a different game entirely.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

If they can get a regular testing system in place then it should be ok. Plus hopefully a vaccine will be in circulation and by May we're in a much better place.

Stop the world...I wanna get off

Civilization has collapsed...

The traditional Mandatory English Tea will no longer be served or even offered...

i spent some of my cosiests/Quietest sports days at Grace road, & other grounds , sitting in the company  of the players...enjoying Afternoon tea.

Another Light goes out,on what was an English gentile passing of time, during hard Fought relaxing games..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Said it before and I'll say it again. Tom Curran should be nowhere near England's limited overs sides. Every game he plays in he seems to go at 10+ an over, whether that be for England, Surrey or in t20 leagues around the world. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Said it before and I'll say it again. Tom Curran should be nowhere near England's limited overs sides. Every game he plays in he seems to go at 10+ an over, whether that be for England, Surrey or in t20 leagues around the world. 

Came here to say that. If you're getting pumped in the IPL every game you shouldnt be playing international cricket.

Get him out and Willey/Wood in

4 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Came here to say that. If you're getting pumped in the IPL every game you shouldnt be playing international cricket.

Get him out and Willey/Wood in

Haha. I just came here to say that too. I honestly don't know why he's playing. He's brother did well.

Edited by trabuch