Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

Thought I’d open a new thread as we’re still using 2019 as things stand. 

T20 series against South Africa starts today.

Reckon Eng will win the series 2-1.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

That has to be worst review ever by Jordan :dunno:

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this.

Commentators tried to give him some let off saying the bat hit the pad but it just about brushed it lol

The ball hit the middle of the bat ffs. What was Jordan seeing?!

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Just waiting for this to be 100% Moeen's fault

Well now you mention it....

I think Morgan (he played really well imo) will be gutted he couldn’t stick around to see that out. 

That was a superb last over from the bowler too. 

Amazing game. 

Thought England had it in the bag after the start but was surprised to see the scores were pretty much level even at the 12th over. 

Thought it was going to a Super Over when it got to the last over. I personally wouldn't have given the Morgan delivery as out. Don't think there was anything behind the line. 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

We'd have won that if we'd have took the 2s rather than going for 6s at the end.

I thought this as well. With 7 off 7 and then 5 off 4 you'd think you could see it out safely as opposed to finishing in style with riskier shots. 

• Like 1

Superb last over from Ngidi but poor game management from us imo. Three batsmen in a row go for a big shot when a singles would have done the job. Morgan and Curran especially didn't need to slog when needing 7 from 7 and 5 from 5. 

6 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Just waiting for this to be 100% Moeen's fault

Morgan for me, 7 from 7, didn't need to go big again after 14 from 3, knock a single or two then a fairly comfortable (in this day and age) target with a batsman well set.

• Like 2

7 needed from 7 pretty inexcusable to lose from there with some wickets in hand. 

All good prep for the T20 World Cup later in the year though. Getting used to pressure situations that might come up when it really counts.

It’s not a full strength side really and will look a fair bit different by October.

1 hour ago, Osavo said:

Superb last over from Ngidi but poor game management from us imo. Three batsmen in a row go for a big shot when a singles would have done the job. Morgan and Curran especially didn't need to slog when needing 7 from 7 and 5 from 5. 

See it exactly the same...

Curran being Seemingly new,has some excuse....

But Morgan ,as captain in this situation should of seen it out....

Not against the Ethos not against Morgan,but this game we should of Never lost.!!!

I am Not for them to rein it in,but occasionally try to see the bigger picture,in those individual games moments!!!

Especially when wind & elements,play a Major part. Stokes,Morgan,and Currans wickets,most likely wouldnt have Fell in normal conditions...

But the players should of realised it themselves....

Again no Major issue because they have to try new ideas...Experiment a little.

But Bairstow,in both Short game formats,should Open with Roy and probably After this series,starting from Sri-Lanke he most likely will.

After SA,only 7 T20 matches,before the Autumns World cup..

I myself would have Butler at 5 or 6,But now he is Opening  in this series ,Keep him Opening , lets see if he can find his IPL form...

just Think !! He ,Roy & Bairstow, 1,2 & 3 could be amazing,and I believe 2 out of 3 games,if they Stay fit will most likely be the most dangerous Opening Trio

in T20 World cricket,for 3-4 years...Thats probably the managements reasoning also...

Such games,no matter how entertaining are so Bloody frustrating, plus me being facetious,and no gentleman the S.African bowler was handed that chink of light,not once but twice,even thrice,in those last 3 overs.....England threw it away,Not SA. winning it..!!!