Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

30 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Just seen that umpiring decision.

Technology is clearly available. Why didn't he use it?

Wouldn't take long to buzz upstairs: "I think it was one short, can you check?"

The TV commentators had checked it several times before the next ball so it wouldn't even have slowed the game down.

28 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Wouldn't take long to buzz upstairs: "I think it was one short, can you check?"

The TV commentators had checked it several times before the next ball so it wouldn't even have slowed the game down.

Unbelievable arrogance from the ump. Decided to make it all about him in a huge moment of a massive game.

"Doing a Jon Moss"

20 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Isn’t it game over if Essex pass Somerset’s first innings score though? It’s heading for a draw so Essex will win.

Or have I got the rules completely wrong?

From the BBC website:

120 overs is up and Essex close their first innings with a lead of 36.

Somerset are still in the game, but they'll need to win it to lift the trophy.

If it's a draw, Essex are champions by virtue of their better first-innings score.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

From the BBC website:

120 overs is up and Essex close their first innings with a lead of 36.

Somerset are still in the game, but they'll need to win it to lift the trophy.

If it's a draw, Essex are champions by virtue of their better first-innings score.

So Somerset need to crack on today and score quick runs giving themselves tomorrow to bowl Essex out otherwise they lose the game.

20 hours ago, Corky said:

I think this competition has been great for a shortened season but I really hope we're back to two divisions next year. Winning a trophy through leading first innings isn't what the game should be about.

I'm in the complete opposite i think the conferences idea is refreshing and breathes new life into the longer format of the game. It good for Leicestershire in particular to be playing against better opposition as it will help develop the players they have. 

• 2 weeks later...

The ECB have made 60-odd redundant yet are still paying some moron to churn out this garbage. They're actively trolling cricket fans now, but who is it actually targeted at? Who would actually be interested in going to their first cricket match off the back of these tweets?

Edited by Voll Blau

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

The ECB have made 60-odd redundant yet are still paying some moron to churn out this garbage. They're actively trolling cricket fans now, but who is it actually targeted at? Who would actually be interested in going to their first cricket match off the back of these tweets?

Are they actually taking the piss? How on earth do they think this encourages a) current cricket fans to warm to the hundred or b) new fans to attend the hundred? Clearly this isn't some lone moron with the login either, it's ECB approved marketing?! Nuts, absolutely nuts. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

USA looking to become a Test nation within 10 years Jokes aside about Yanks knowing nowt about non-American sports harharhar, it's good to see them show that ambition.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/30121504/usa-cricket-targets-icc-full-membership-2030

If they can get to that level it’s got great tour potential 

Going to rely a lot on expats from UK and India to get it going I imagine, think Plunkett lives in America or at least is able to and has said he is looking to grow the game there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If they can get to that level it’s got great tour potential 

Going to rely a lot on expats from UK and India to get it going I imagine, think Plunkett lives in America or at least is able to and has said he is looking to grow the game there. 

Yeah, from my limited knowledge of it over there it's mostly Asians and West Indians involved at the moment. The novel Netherland gives a good overview of the cricket scene in New York.

The history of cricket in America is actually quite something. I don't know what his username is on here (think he's on here anyway), but Jack from the Philadelphia Foxes is involved with Philadelphia CC and that club has a history as rich as any in England.

Like you say, an England tour of the States would be great. Dunno how I'd feel about sitting next to Big Chad and his Frat Boy pals shouting "GET IN THE WICKET!" every ball while chugging Coors Lites on the Saturday of the Pittsburgh Test though. lol

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Like you say, an England tour of the States would be great. Dunno how I'd feel about sitting next to Big Chad and his Frat Boy pals shouting "GET IN THE WICKET!" every ball while chugging Coors Lites on the Saturday of the Pittsburgh Test though. lol

“FIGHT...AND WIN!” - it’ll be that guy travelling over from Seattle. He’ll be the American version of the Barmy Army on his own. 

• Haha 1