Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Double fist to the throat

16 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I had no idea until now that this has happened, why did no one seem to appeal for it? Have we got to be doing what Man City did today and completely surround the ref? 
As for Kelechi’s Not seen it again only seen it live at the ground but I don’t get how It wasn’t reviewed either, he seemed to win the header then the keeper hit him when the ball seemed long gone by then 

If Nacho had taken out the goalie like he was he would have seen a red card immediately, and correctly so. How Edison got away with that. Mind boggling

4 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

None of our players really appealed anything though, Man City players surround the ref, it’s not right but you wonder how much it forces a VAR check

The ball was dead from Praets whereas Edison takes the deflection off KDB and the game remains live with the ball in play  - you can’t surround the ref whilst the game is ongoing - you’ll concede!

I would expect Man City to be charged with failing to control their players though - it looked v poor 

Kel’s is difficult - a villa CB was cleaned out by a punch from ramsdale the other week after he had headed over - didn’t make any contact with the ball at all unlike Edison .... goalies always get away with it - barnes at the etihaad - the ball had gone when he got clattered whereas tonight l, you could argue that the ball was in play and Edison was out of control ..... but I just don’t think keepers will ever get penalised if they get a touch of the ball 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The ball was dead from Praets whereas Edison takes the deflection off KDB and the game remains live with the ball in play  - you can’t surround the ref whilst the game is ongoing - you’ll concede!

I would expect Man City to be charged with failing to control their players though - it looked v poor 

Kel’s is difficult - a villa CB was cleaned out by a punch from ramsdale the other week after he had headed over - didn’t make any contact with the ball at all unlike Edison .... goalies always get away with it - barnes at the etihaad - the ball had gone when he got clattered whereas tonight l, you could argue that the ball was in play and Edison was out of control ..... but I just don’t think keepers will ever get penalised if they get a touch of the ball 

They won’t be charged for that! They should be but they won’t be! Fully agree with us surrounding, although lack of appeals is almost like we know we aren’t getting it so don’t even bother and then VAR takes easy option! If Man City don’t appeal that tonight I bet they don’t give a penalty

I’ve just watched it back again, Maddison makes a half hearted appeal, nothing more

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

They won’t be charged for that! They should be but they won’t be! Fully agree with us surrounding, although lack of appeals is almost like we know we aren’t getting it so don’t even bother and then VAR takes easy option! If Man City don’t appeal that tonight I bet they don’t give a penalty

Actually I disagree - the ball goes for a corner so it’s so easy for the var to instigate a review - because he screwed up so badly early today, he was desperate to make sure he didn’t a second time (only where a top six club was concerned of course)

We definitely got screwed today. But at the same time I felt that twice this season against Wolves, we got decisions that went our way that shouldn't have done. Both were "technically" correct decisions, but let's get real we got out of jail in both.

But twice today, and against Aston Villa we got done over, and those were big games.

Needless to say like pretty much everyone else, I am not a fan of VAR. If it got decisions correct then it would be great, even if it took a long time. But when decisions like today happen it's not right. KDB's handball versus Praet's is the most glaring example. Either they are both penalties or neither of them are. Shocking that one was given and one wasn't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What's the difference from today and your example and Gazzinga(?) against Tottenham.

****ing load of shit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Actually I disagree - the ball goes for a corner so it’s so easy for the var to instigate a review - because he screwed up so badly early today, he was desperate to make sure he didn’t a second time (only where a top six club was concerned of course)

Have I imagined it or did we get corner from KDB handball? I can’t remember? 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Dont think he did from memory no. But still they're the same... one was a penalty two wernt. 

So they’re not the same ash - if ederson doesn’t touch the ball before he clatters kel then it’s 100% a pen and possibly a red - he gets lucky with the touch. However, he is not taking care of the opponent and that is an offence.

Rugby have changed theIr rules so that the outcome is more important where head injuries are concerned. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Did gazaniga get any of the ball ?  I can’t remember - I thought he didn’t 

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Dont think he did from memory no. But still they're the same... one was a penalty two wernt. 

This? 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So they’re not the same ash - if ederson doesn’t touch the ball before he clatters kel then it’s 100% a pen and possibly a red - he gets lucky with the touch. However, he is not taking care of the opponent and that is an offence.

Rugby have changed theIr rules so that the outcome is more important where head injuries are concerned. 

He didn’t touch the ball before he got Kel!

25 minutes ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

If Nacho had taken out the goalie like he was he would have seen a red card immediately, and correctly so. How Edison got away with that. Mind boggling

Gets away with it time and time again too. Someone's got to grow some b*** and make the right decision 

Edited by TK95

I don’t think it should matter whether the keeper slightly touches the ball Or not in incidents like today’s, he has endangered an opponent 

this is part of rule 12 of football 

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• charges
  • jumps at

Do they apply to this situation?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

He didn’t touch the ball before he got Kel!

he does 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

I don’t think it should matter whether the keeper slightly touches the ball Or not in incidents like today’s, he has endangered an opponent 

this is part of rule 12 of football 

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• charges
  • jumps at

Do they apply to this situation?

This is what I was getting at re endangering an opponent .... the law needs clearing up before someone gets badly hurt 

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

It didn’t even get checked did it?

If Kasper did that it would 100% be checked and probably given, farce.

As I said in another thread, it will have been checked, everything like that is checked. You won't have noticed probably because there was a player lying on the floor for a few minutes, so it didn't stop the game restarting.

20 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Those pictures don't even do it justice. The Praet incident the ball was hit so hard there was no time for him to react. The De Bruyne one he had more reaction time. For me the De Bruyne one was a clearer penalty for that reason but I can also understand the Praet one. 

Having just watched it on motd, you have to either give both or give nothing 

• Like 4