Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Double fist to the throat

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

I had no idea until now that this has happened, why did no one seem to appeal for it? Have we got to be doing what Man City did today and completely surround the ref? 
As for Kelechi’s Not seen it again only seen it live at the ground but I don’t get how It wasn’t reviewed either, he seemed to win the header then the keeper hit him when the ball seemed long gone by then 

Yes, that is what we have to do.
I remember when England Lady's Ellen White was tapped in the Semi final of the world cup, she really went after the referee and eventually they checked it multiple times on VAR and there was a slight touch and the penalty was given.

Tonight out appeals were half baked, Manchester City's appeal was much more intense. It's all about convincing the referee that a foul has been commited and influencing the VAR official's opinion.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

If LCFC ask the EPL for an explanation as to why this above incident wasn't a penalty,  wonder what the EPL's response would be..?

"Contact was inevitable."

Which sounds like a line from a Terminator movie.

4 hours ago, Bert said:

If you win the ball and follow through with stoods up, you’ll get sent off. Just because you win the ball doesn’t always deem it no foul. He’s caused Iheanacho an injury where he can’t continue. 

Correct. I was asking if the goalie touched the ball.

4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Whether he wins the ball first or not, that is dangerous play and a red card. You can't go at players like that. The same you can't go at players with two feet to win the ball!! This is getting a joke now! 

Yes. And Nachos would have probably scored if  the keeper did what he should have done - stand his ground and block or only charge up close to the ball but not make dangerous contact like that.  This is dangerous play and should have been a penalty for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

4 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I am so fed up coming home from games with my blood boiling because of the officials. Football isn’t meant to be this way, we’re meant to get mad at players if anything. This game isn’t for them but this season has been dominated by REFEREES.

There needs to be unanimous protests by every club over the standard of officiating. It’s ruining the game. 

If you were an official of Burnley, Manure, Livarpool or Mancamel City - why would you complain??

8 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Did they even bother to review either of the first half claims? Nothing was shown on the big screen, they couldn't even be bothered to humour us by pretending they'd consider it. Bunch of fooking crooks.

Yes, they review all the incidents like this.

When the games stops and it delays the start, I believe its put on the screen. In the De Bruyne incident the game continued, so was being checked whilst play carried on. Same happened in the Burnley v Bournemouth game.

The Ederson incident, Iheanacho was down for a few minutes, so it didn't delay the start.

Edited by Facecloth

51 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Pretty sure it would have whenever the ball went out of play or if there was a natural break in play. 

I am not sure it would.  I think this is the bizarre situation that they were talking about on ref watch recently caused by the different thresholds for attacking and defensive handball.

Initially it was defensive meaning that to be penalised it had to be intentional or with the arms in an unnatural position so was not given.  Once Bournmouth broke though it led to the goal so became an attacking handball which means that it is penalised if it hits the arm whatever the circumstances.

• Thanks 1

Can someone explain how we got a corner out of it I assumed that the goalkeeper never touched it and that the only reason he wasn't booked/red carded, but even saying that if an outfield player who wins the ball but follows through with two feet taking the player out it would be a red card, it seems for goalkeepers there are no rules for challenges on players, but if you as much as touch him it's a foul. 

11 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Perhaps not as bad as Schumacher in 82, but highly reckless and could have done some real damage. Very surprised that our players seemed to accept the no pen decision without complaint. Vardy was laughing.

Probably out of relief that he wouldn't have to take the penalty and watch it hit the post.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I know it’s easy to criticise when you’re basically **** over as we have been today but we have some really poor officials in this country. Yes, we have the best league in the world but the supporting act is not at that standard. 

The biggest issue is that refs are regulated by one of their own. That needs to stop ASAP. Then I would bring in successful refs from other countries and maybe even other sports to sort them out. 

There is no excuse for the handball errors today and it makes the no pen decision against Villa even more confusing when you see the pen against us today. It’s not on. 

Good idea we should just employ refs from different countries and bin these useless self minded corrupt *****. 

14 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I have to admit I never knew the rule about being able to protect your face, so I can understand why it wasn't given, of course he had time to head the ball and didn't have to raise his hands so VAR should have given it...but then again is it so obvious that it should have been overturned, I can see both sides TBH.