Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Double fist to the throat

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

17 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I have to admit I never knew the rule about being able to protect your face, so I can understand why it wasn't given, of course he had time to head the ball and didn't have to raise his hands so VAR should have given it...but then again is it so obvious that it should have been overturned, I can see both sides TBH.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Wolves fan posted this on Twitter. So no agenda there. 

What the actual ****. Our officials are shit. 

IMG_20200223_153508.jpg

Not sure about that. From the TV footage of VAR, he definitely looked onside. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ball looks like it's already left Mahrez' foot? What's it like a frame before?

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Its midstrike there surely?

The image I posted previously is mid strike. (Clearer photo below)

Frame before. 

IMG_20200223_154946.jpg

Clearer photo of first photo posted. 

IMG_20200223_155047.thumb.jpg.fa7cb72ac59a64a1bd6d7083b5a1301f.jpg

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 1

The shot above where he is marginal offside was the one seen initially on the TV when the VAR check commenced.

The outcome was then bent to favour the opposition as seen in the second shot.  The fourth such occurrence in game following the superman punch, KDB filling in a gap as well as a stretch of decorators caulk, and an overly fast review to give the handball in our area.

Proper done over yesterday.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The shot above where he is marginal offside was the one seen initially on the TV when the VAR check commenced.

The outcome was then bent to favour the opposition as seen in the second shot.  The fourth such occurrence in game following the superman punch, KDB filling in a gap as well as a stretch of decorators caulk, and an overly fast review to give the handball in our area.

Proper done over yesterday.

We’re in danger of making ourselves look a bit stupid ..... 8 days after a dangled left foot var offside call earned us a point at wolves,.......I didn’t see any of you querying the frame that jota played his return pass last Friday ???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We’re in danger of making ourselves look a bit stupid ..... 8 days after a dangled left foot var offside call earned us a point at wolves,.......I didn’t see any of you querying the frame that jota played his return pass last Friday ???

Agreed, and posting photo’s, especially those off the internet which have no context or timeline just makes us look sad too.

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That was a bit more clear-cut and there was more of his leg/foot offside I think...

• Like 1

VAR is actually getting worse.

One would think that VAR would have made it harder for dodgy decisions to be made as they could not hide behind the excuse of "no luxury of replays", but now they seem to have no issue with been very inconsistent and on opt of that giving the established clubs the benefit of the doubt in decisions.

VAR needs some automation "computers dont have loyalty to specifics clubs and dont have emotions", and the human element needs to be run by someone who isnt the FA.

• Like 1

Although toenail decisions are infuriating, until the rules are changed they will continue to be judged by slide-rule technology. Some you win (at Wolves) some you lose ( v Man cIty yesterday). Handballs and penalties are subject to interpretation by faceless officials in a studio. How De Bruyne and Emerson got away with their interventions yesterday and Praet didn't I have no idea. However, had the incidents been reversed I somehow doubt the outcomes would have been the same. Add to that Emerson's brutal takeout of Barnes at the Etihad and Mane's antics at Anfield and you have to shake your head. Heaven (or the VAR gods) forbid the likes of Leicester and Sheff U invade that exclusive little club!     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

To me that was clearly offside.  You watch that back a few times and it is clearly off from the angle provided.  Yesterday is not so obvious but then on a certain angle it clearly is off.  As offside as it was last week in fact.  They choose to use the one angle that doesn't show it clearly and then scrub the original lines to make it onside.

We don't look stupid, they want you to think you look stupid in questioning the decisions but they are clearly being made to favour the big clubs.

Slightly off topic, another case in point is today's equaliser that was ruled out for Watford at Old Trafford.

MoTD and the like laugh it off but deep down people know what is going on even if they won't admit it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

To me that was clearly offside.  You watch that back a few times and it is clearly off from the angle provided.  Yesterday is not so obvious but then on a certain angle it clearly is off.  As offside as it was last week in fact.  They choose to use the one angle that doesn't show it clearly and then scrub the original lines to make it onside.

We don't look stupid, they want you to think you look stupid in questioning the decisions but they are clearly being made to favour the big clubs.

Slightly off topic, another case in point is today's equaliser that was ruled out for Watford at Old Trafford.

MoTD and the like laugh it off but deep down people know what is going on even if they won't admit it.

Jeez fella ...... you really believe this stuff  ???

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Jeez fella ...... you really believe this stuff  ???

The way in which replays are reviewed is as inconsistent as the way in which they are ultimately dealt with.  That's how it comes across.

In real time yesterdays goal was shown as offside on the first shot but was taken down, we have a pause, and an alternative replaced it moments later showing onside.  Normally when reviewing these we see the single shot and the lines moving, yesterday we didn't have that.

My question to this would simply be "why"? 

9 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Perhaps not as bad as Schumacher in 82, but highly reckless and could have done some real damage. Very surprised that our players seemed to accept the no pen decision without complaint. Vardy was laughing.

Our players seem indifferent to what the referee does. We could have demanded that the ref look at things more closely. Look at the way man city players surrounded to ref to get their penalty and the var review.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Our players seem indifferent to what the referee does. We could have demanded that the ref look at things more closely. Look at the way man city players surrounded to ref to get their penalty and the var review.

Gamesmanship.  We're not good at it.  We need to be.  I don't like to see it but it clearly helps the cause more often that not when things don't go your way.

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Getting like cricket. 

56 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The way in which replays are reviewed is as inconsistent as the way in which they are ultimately dealt with.  That's how it comes across.

In real time yesterdays goal was shown as offside on the first shot but was taken down, we have a pause, and an alternative replaced it moments later showing onside.  Normally when reviewing these we see the single shot and the lines moving, yesterday we didn't have that.

My question to this would simply be "why"? 

Was it shown as offside with the lines ?

if not then I assume the freeze frame used by the broadcaster was not the one used by the VAR system 

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Was it shown as offside with the lines ?

if not then I assume the freeze frame used by the broadcaster was not the one used by the VAR system 

Ashleys post at the top of this page is what was first used.  Seconds later it disappeared, there was a brief pause, and then the second shot was used to rule it onside.

The manner in which this has come about is open to criticism and debate, hence the problems with fairness, impartially and a lack of trust, in reaching a correct decision.

29 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ashleys post at the top of this page is what was first used.  Seconds later it disappeared, there was a brief pause, and then the second shot was used to rule it onside.

The manner in which this has come about is open to criticism and debate, hence the problems with fairness, impartially and a lack of trust, in reaching a correct decision.

Ashley’s post at the top was a photo on twitter today with someone saying that they had made this still from their TIVO and why hadn’t VAR done this ?  Are you saying that this was the still shown on sky’s live broadcast ? 

the lines on the photo are those from the actual var still and the image is a frame past the still used by VAR which is why the feet etc  don’t match up to those lines. I can’t  believe that was used by sky 

And so this is what it's come to, enhanced and close up still images we can all point to as ''evidence''. VAR has easily made the game worse from what I've witnessed this season, regardless of which way the decision goes. I don't think it needs to go, not least because there's no way that will be happening, but a massive rethink of implementation, and some rule changes, are in order.