Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Double fist to the throat

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Would be good if someone with too much time on their hands could come up with a complication of similar events to ederson/kel over the past couple seasons and see how many resulted in a pen - I bet there aren’t many where the keeper just gets a touch first, irrelevant of the intent to clear out the opponent ....

since the advent of VAR I would guess that across Europe, there may not be any examples ..........and I certainly can’t think of one in this country this season ...

The way Ederson came out with no regard for the opposition player was disgraceful, whether he got the ball or not is irrelevant to me, dangerous play is dangerous play.

Anywhere else on the pitch that level of aggression is at least a yellow card and more likely, a red.

Why the goal keeper is immune from the rules everyone else must be judged on is beyond me.

And I swear Garth Crooks is mentally deficient, how he could choose ederson as goal keeper of the week is insane, i know the guy is irrelevant and is only there im sure to provide comic relief to the BBC, or as i have said many times before, he has something on his bosses.

Kasper made at least 1 world class save and saved a peno from arguably one of the best finishers in the world, yet Ederson who assaulted another player  gets put in the team of the week, unfathomable. 

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Just saw Dawson’s arm ball involved in deeneys goal - wtf are people on about ?  How much clearer does it need to be?  Dawson arms it onto the post and deeney puts the rebound in ..... how can that be a goal ??? 

some of you probably believe the earth is flat !

the worst decision of the weekend is billings shoulder assist ...... astonishingly bad to rule a goal out on the basis of that ....Lo Celso and KDB involve over turning a refs call but to disallow a goal when it clearly comes off the shoulder - wow !

I get the handball but what about the fact that Deeney was being held by Maguire  with both arms wrapped around him before and during the hand ball, a penalty if i ever saw one but the VAR lot just seem to focus on the hand ball. I'm sure someone will tell me they don't look for those things but for me once you're reviewing you should look at all aspects of the play.

• Like 1

Jonny Evans via the Merc

On Iheanacho, he added: “I've seen his face after the incident and it's pretty bad. Hopefully he's okay.

“At half-time the decision was made for him to not continue as he was still pretty groggy.”

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I get the handball but what about the fact that Deeney was being held by Maguire  with both arms wrapped around him before and during the hand ball, a penalty if i ever saw one but the VAR lot just seem to focus on the hand ball. I'm sure someone will tell me they don't look for those things but for me once you're reviewing you should look at all aspects of the play.

I didn’t see that - did deeney initiate any of the contact between them ?? They don’t usually give any of the grappling as it’s difficult to see who starts the holding and shirt pulling ....

15 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The way in which replays are reviewed is as inconsistent as the way in which they are ultimately dealt with.  That's how it comes across.

In real time yesterdays goal was shown as offside on the first shot but was taken down, we have a pause, and an alternative replaced it moments later showing onside.  Normally when reviewing these we see the single shot and the lines moving, yesterday we didn't have that.

My question to this would simply be "why"? 

The question for me is when there are 2 frames to choose from and neither are clear on when the ball left the foot, (or whatever the rule on making a pass) then which do you choose? The earliest, the latest or does the benefit of the doubt go with the attacker? So if one frame shows they are onside then they are onside.

A bit of clarity will help us all understand how VAR defines offside and it doesn't help when pundits repeat the same old shit about the games gone, yet nobody is actually holding VAR to account and asking the questions.

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

The question for me is when there are 2 frames to choose from and neither are clear on when the ball left the foot, (or whatever the rule on making a pass) then which do you choose? The earliest, the latest or does the benefit of the doubt go with the attacker? So if one frame shows they are onside then they are onside.

A bit of clarity will help us all understand how VAR defines offside and it doesn't help when pundits repeat the same old shit about the games gone, yet nobody is actually holding VAR to account and asking the questions.

I think Gary Neville was saying that the broadcasters hear the conversation between the referee and VAR and can see at least one of the screens. That should be broadcast in the stadium on the big screens and on TV.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It’s when the passing player makes contact with the ball when the video is stopped and the frame taken from there. Yes there’s margin for error with frame rates etc but it is a clear and consistent rule used by the officials 

Edited by Richard
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I didn’t see that - did deeney initiate any of the contact between them ?? They don’t usually give any of the grappling as it’s difficult to see who starts the holding and shirt pulling ....

He was standing behind the guy, along the goal line who 'handled' it and Maguire was behind him holding him and preventing him from going for the ball.

The ref and VAR official, should be banned,for Not protecting..Football,sport,future players, plus aiding and abetting an aggressive Act on the Field, of a player.

Leicester City with Nacho,should be asking questions....!!!

Supported by Chelsea,asking if the officials of the day have some Bias or Power reaching agenda....These so obvious mistakes were Reckless contempt for the

Sport....!!

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

The ref and VAR official, should be banned,for Not protecting..Football,sport,future players, plus aiding and abetting an aggressive Act on the Field, of a player.

Supported by Chelsea,asking if the officials of the day have some Bias or Power reaching agenda....These so obvious mistakes were Reckless contempt for the

Sport....!!

Wanted: A video with William Shatner quoting fuchsntf :P :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Sport....!!

I do feel it’s reached the point now where clubs should apply pressure on them regardless of fines etc there hand needs to be forced into taking seriously how pissed off people are getting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

I think the Ederson incident is even more baffling than the De Bruyne one. So what if he grazed the ball, he landed to punches at the same time.

If you win the ball with two feet, you're still sent off. Why are fists any different?

When you think back to Mane against Ederson last season, Mane is clearly watching the ball but boots Ederson in the face and is rightly sent off it was dangerous play. Ederson can see Nacho he recklessly launched himself at the player and didn't win the ball. Penalty and a red card for me. Based on precedents set on similar incidents. 

This is the most frustrating thing about how VAR has been applied, despite all the technology the calm rational environment to make the decision they are still so wildly inconsistent and baffling and sometimes just wrong. Lo Celso, Son's red card. How can you get something so basic wrong?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Captain... said:

When you think back to Mane against Ederson last season, Mane is clearly watching the ball but boots Ederson in the face and is rightly sent off it was dangerous play. Ederson can see Nacho he recklessly launched himself at the player and didn't win the ball. Penalty and a red card for me. Based on precedents set on similar incidents. 

This is the most frustrating thing about how VAR has been applied, despite all the technology the calm rational environment to make the decision they are still so wildly inconsistent and baffling and sometimes just wrong. Lo Celso, Son's red card. How can you get something so basic wrong?

Isn't that mostly down to the 'Clear and obvious error'. Most of these fouls are subjective anyway why add another level of subjectivity to it.

Degree of foul = subjective

Degree of error = subjective.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I think the Ederson incident is even more baffling than the De Bruyne one. So what if he grazed the ball, he landed two punches at the same time.

If you win the ball with two feet, you're still sent off. Why are fists any different?

It was very dangerous from the goalkeeper therefore a penalty ... 

14 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Sport....!!

Just going back to These Two advents....

if players get red & yellow cards,then Why cant then match officials...Especially,more importantly the VAR official....He has all the angles than the Match ref.

We give players cards for either a mistake or reckless,incompetent,dangerous actions..!!!

Unlike some,I would support the Match ref,his job is difficult,he has to deal,with lying ,cheating,players and managers in almost every incident and game.

VAR official is under less pressure and away from Mobbing from crowd and players ,with all that technology available...!!

Forget,opinions & Perspectives and panels pundits,having wry smiles,and arguing the toss that someone might of got a Minimal or Big Touch on the ball...

Or that stamping was because of being off balance, he went down with his feet twice....

FFS, both were Reckless and dangerous with intent...a GK knows what Hes doing...!!! Even more so in the Chelsea game..

If an official cant see,or understand that,send him away for a few weeks on an educational course,or permanently..!!!

Its power- blindness,at the cost of players health...!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

On 24/02/2020 at 12:03, Richard said:

It’s when the passing player makes contact with the ball when the video is stopped and the frame taken from there. Yes there’s margin for error with frame rates etc but it is a clear and consistent rule used by the officials 

But is it?  I don't think the laws of the game make it clear whether offside is to be judged at the moment the players' foot makes contact with the ball, the moment the ball leaves the player's foot about a hundredth of a second later, or at any time during the process or throughout the process.  That's four different possibilities, and if you're judging to the inch, they will not give the same answer.  A player's foot can move at least 6 inches during a hundredth of a second.  

Why are they judging offside to the nearest inch when they don't have the technology to do it, and they don't even know what the rule is they're judging by?  The old rule was straightforward enough - "level" is onside.  Why don't they go back to that?

20 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

But is it?  I don't think the laws of the game make it clear whether offside is to be judged at the moment the players' foot makes contact with the ball, the moment the ball leaves the player's foot about a hundredth of a second later, or at any time during the process or throughout the process.  That's four different possibilities, and if you're judging to the inch, they will not give the same answer.  A player's foot can move at least 6 inches during a hundredth of a second.  

Why are they judging offside to the nearest inch when they don't have the technology to do it, and they don't even know what the rule is they're judging by?  The old rule was straightforward enough - "level" is onside.  Why don't they go back to that?

The ball is in contact with the passer for a number of "moments". From the moment it comes into contact with them until it loses contact with them.

If the receiving player is off-side at any time whilst the ball is in contact with the passer then its off-side. Simple. There's no need to identify a definitive moment when the passer is in contact with the ball. At any point whilst they are and the receiver is off-side will do.