Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Double fist to the throat

5 minutes ago, TheCryptoPoet said:

Did anyone answer this or did everyone just miss a step and proceed to a debate about whether it's irrelevant or not? 

Yeah he did touch it. Debatable whether it just brushes Iheanacho first before he gets his glove to it.

My personal interpretation of some of the incidents: 

*De bruyne - debatable, but I think var should err on the side of on field decision

*Iheanacho - var should award penalty 

*Preat - debatable, but I think var is more entitled to rule as penalty 

*The goal - looked onside from the var replay set up when I saw it. Those lines/frame timing from the post above look manipulated/stopped on a conveniently controversial frame. 

If the keeper didn't touch the ball first when colliding, then it's the most obvious one of the lot to be called as clear and obvious error. If he did, becomes more debatable. 

Edited by TheCryptoPoet

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

To me that was clearly offside.  You watch that back a few times and it is clearly off from the angle provided.  Yesterday is not so obvious but then on a certain angle it clearly is off.  As offside as it was last week in fact.  They choose to use the one angle that doesn't show it clearly and then scrub the original lines to make it onside.

We don't look stupid, they want you to think you look stupid in questioning the decisions but they are clearly being made to favour the big clubs.

Slightly off topic, another case in point is today's equaliser that was ruled out for Watford at Old Trafford.

MoTD and the like laugh it off but deep down people know what is going on even if they won't admit it.

Yeah I just saw that, thought it very harsh and surprised it was given. 

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Screenshot_20200223-222716_Chrome.jpg

What kind of bollocks is that about the Iheanacho challenge lol 

As if it's glorifying leaving a player potentially concussed and barely getting to the ball. 

At least make a point of the save he made to deny Maddison's free-kick if you're gonna choose him.

• Like 2

Just saw Dawson’s arm ball involved in deeneys goal - wtf are people on about ?  How much clearer does it need to be?  Dawson arms it onto the post and deeney puts the rebound in ..... how can that be a goal ??? 

some of you probably believe the earth is flat !

the worst decision of the weekend is billings shoulder assist ...... astonishingly bad to rule a goal out on the basis of that ....Lo Celso and KDB involve over turning a refs call but to disallow a goal when it clearly comes off the shoulder - wow !

Edited by st albans fox

It comes off his arm but it's one of those where you have to ask yourself where can he exactly put his arm to not cause the handball?  

Ironically, if he goes in flapping his arms above his head chances are he ribs it towards the goal which would go unquestioned.

A certain amount of common sense needs to be applied surely?

5 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

In a game against Man City that is a penalty Leicester would never be awarded. Had it been Schmeichel cementing Aguero similarly though then VAR would probably have intervened and awarded them the pen.

Agreed. 

I've never been a conspiracy theorist but after the 'we don't want too many Leicester Citys' interview its hard not to look at it and think that it's rigged. 

If Ederson plays for Sheffield United he's off. Why not yesterday? 

• Like 3

i took the piss a lot and even joined in the nutters saying the whole season, even whole world of football was fixed, just to take the piss a bit more. 

but the last week or so i genuinely don’t know what’s what anymore. something about all of yesterday’s decisions just wasn’t right. the fact they all managed to end up in the favour of the “bigger team” seems a bit dodgy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Just saw Dawson’s arm ball involved in deeneys goal - wtf are people on about ?  How much clearer does it need to be?  Dawson arms it onto the post and deeney puts the rebound in ..... how can that be a goal ??? 

some of you probably believe the earth is flat !

the worst decision of the weekend is billings shoulder assist ...... astonishingly bad to rule a goal out on the basis of that ....Lo Celso and KDB involve over turning a refs call but to disallow a goal when it clearly comes off the shoulder - wow !

Well the fact we can't unanimously agree highlights how much work needs to be done with VAR. I see what your saying, but we're also told that it's about making the body bigger, things like that. 

On reflection this leads to a goal, and I think there's something in there about that not counting regardless. So fair enough. My point is there's no consistency and definitely no clarity, and if seems the officials disagree amongst themselves as much as we do. 

Var needs a total rethink in how it's implemented, and some of the laws need tweaking. Some things are just mental though, I can't get over the Nacho one, at the very least it deserved more consideration than it got. 

The commentator tried to argue that Ederson was watching the ball, no mate he just ****ing assaulted Ianacho without even a thought of the ball. 

How we are not taking evidence of corruption to the highest level after that match I do not know. 

At the very least its a penalty, it should have been a sending off and a penalty. 

I fear the game is to far home to be saved ****ing corrupt officials, corruption corrupt governing body aswell. 

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Agreed. 

I've never been a conspiracy theorist but after the 'we don't want too many Leicester Citys' interview its hard not to look at it and think that it's rigged. 

If Ederson plays for Sheffield United he's off. Why not yesterday? 

My sentiments exactly. It is actually becoming quite obvious that the so-called Big 6 do seem to get the rub of the green almost inevitably when they are struggling over a so-called lesser teams.

5 hours ago, Cujek said:

The commentator tried to argue that Ederson was watching the ball, no mate he just ****ing assaulted Ianacho without even a thought of the ball. 

How we are not taking evidence of corruption to the highest level after that match I do not know. 

At the very least its a penalty, it should have been a sending off and a penalty. 

I fear the game is to far home to be saved ****ing corrupt officials, corruption corrupt governing body aswell. 

Would be good if someone with too much time on their hands could come up with a complication of similar events to ederson/kel over the past couple seasons and see how many resulted in a pen - I bet there aren’t many where the keeper just gets a touch first, irrelevant of the intent to clear out the opponent ....

since the advent of VAR I would guess that across Europe, there may not be any examples ..........and I certainly can’t think of one in this country this season ...