Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Double fist to the throat

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Didn’t see it close but did the goalie touch the ball

Absolutely irrelevant, just as it’s irrelevant if you take the ball in a two footed challenge.

Just now, ttfn said:

Absolutely irrelevant, just as it’s irrelevant if you take the ball in a two footed challenge.

Not sure I agree with that. Having your studs showing in a two footed challenge is unnecessary.

Punching the ball is normal.

Penalty, but had he touched the ball first it would make all the difference.

Just now, Nod.E said:

Not sure I agree with that. Having your studs showing in a two footed challenge is unnecessary.

At what point does punching become dangerous? 

If a high foot is... surely a punch is.

Nod I know you're a keeper/used to be so I'll be interested in your thoughts on it.

• Thanks 1

This league, like life is geared to maintain the elite, as in all walks of life or sport. Whether it’s football, UFC, Boxing or whatever you can think of. You think the judges in the first fury vs wilder fight didn’t have to legitimise a rematch for financial gain? You’re naive and probably live a sheltered life lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

The moment you endanger the safety of an opponent it’s a foul, “normal” challenge or otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

At what point does punching become dangerous? 

If a high foot is... surely a punch is.

Nod I know you're a keeper/used to be so I'll be interested in your thoughts on it.

It's a difficult one, but to be fair what happened to Kelechi tonight is as bad as it's going to get realistically, whereas two footed challenges with studs showing can break legs.

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be a pen!

I am so fed up coming home from games with my blood boiling because of the officials. Football isn’t meant to be this way, we’re meant to get mad at players if anything. This game isn’t for them but this season has been dominated by REFEREES.

There needs to be unanimous protests by every club over the standard of officiating. It’s ruining the game. 

• Like 1