Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hales

Maddison contract

I hope he does sign a new deal with us as its clear he is already a top player and will only improve.

I think as his dribbling improves he could well become a player in the mould of Hazard and with our possession based game we need players like him to unlock a defence that is sat deep and thread that eye of a needle ball with his great close control. 

He is one we must keep at all costs if we are to progress as a club. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Matt said:

His head has been turned and it's reflected in his performances.

The potential is there but he has a lot to learn and I question an attitude problem.

Provided we can get a decent sum for him in the summer (Which will be significantly lower if he doesn't sign a new contract - which is probably a reason why he is stalling signing one) i'd let him go.

If he wants to chase pound signs then so be it, who am I to judge, but as I did Maguire, i'd question his ambition.

So much nonsense in one post 

• Like 2

I'm sure he will sign a new contract, these things do take time and i would imagine are very complex. Its not like he just has to sign on the dotted line, albeit thats the end result. 

Any & all posts are pure speculation on what is happening and i personally dont want to be drawn into the 'his head is turned' - 'trouble in the camp' comments and prefer to just be patient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

It's amazing how quickly some of our fans jump to conclusions about the player with absolutely no evidence or basis for their points. How do you guys know that 'his heads been turned', 'he's got an attitude problem' or that 'he loves himself too much'. 

If you follow the guy on twitter there aren't more Leicester players more humble and positive about the club or our team than him. The kids right to be ambitious and that more than likely means he wants to see where we are at the end of the season to see what level that then takes him up to with a new contract.

It's up to him to work hard to achieve that with the team and I have no doubt he'll be instrumental in what we do - I just feel like if something doesn't happen instantly or quickly some fans heads go and silly comments get thrown around. 

Slabhead is a nice guy but he still left.

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Slabhead is a nice guy but he still left.

Maddison's seems a nice guy and eventually he will more than likely leave the club and sign for another team just like every other player on the team. When and where that will be no one knows and it also won't be the end of the world.

The point is, just because a contract isn't signed immediately (also given the length he still has on his current deal) it doesn't suddenly mean the player hates the club and doesn't want to play well.

Edited by lcfc278
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Maddison's seems a nice guy and eventually he will more than likely leave the club and sign for another team just like every other player on the team. When and where that will be no one knows and it also won't be the end of the world.

The point is, just because a contract isn't signed immediately (also given the length he still has on his current deal) it doesn't suddenly mean the player hates the club and doesn't want to play well.

How dare you make a solid,sensible and reasoned point on here. do you not the rules of this place? Its obvious, if there is rumour of a new contract that if not signed immediately, three times in the blood of a virgin, then the player has had his head turned, is unhappy, or is just trying to get more money etc.and will be on the next bus out of town.

As you rightly point out, the vast majority of players, do eventually move on to other teams, either their choice or the clubs. Even those who were born and raised in our own fair city will have personal ambitions that they feel cannot be satisfied by staying at the club (Lineker, Heskey but to name two) so it is no surprise.  Ok so there has been the Walshies, Vardys and Kaspers but these are the exceptions rather than the rules.  And none of them were home grown - we bought them from other clubs.

Maddison has no need to rush into signing a new contract, his current one gives him enough stability for the next few years. Even if he has no intention of going anywhere, as has been pointed out, (also no doubt to him by his agent) his position and bargaining power will increase if we get CL and/or an offer comes in for him.

• Like 1

If he is stalling on signing then he is taking a chance - he could do an ACL at any time and then he’s chucked several mill down the drain ......... yanited won’t come running back to sign him and we will put back the new deal until he is well into his recovery .....

so the fact he hasn’t signed yet is significant and shows his agent has irons in other fires .... the player could make the call and over ride if he wanted to 

I remember a decent Belgian journalist in the summer suggested Tielemans would have to think carefully about joining us, as it was clear we make it tough and expensive for players to leave (Maguire saga was obvs ongoing at that time) . Only if a player is entirely sure would they sign a lin term deal.

Maddison is right to keep his options open. Any top player in the right mind would be aware we could easily end up reverting to type and becoming a Southampton / Palace again. 

We've got a very tough summer ahead with Ricardo, Wilf, Soyuncu, Maddison and Chilwell - for me in that order- being in demand by European and PL giants. 

What a time to be alive! 

It’s never inappropriate to start some wild speculation so do we think Maddison’s downturn in form coincides with his ongoing and protracted contract negotiations? Or have we been playing him differently? Or hasn’t he had a downturn in form? Or mystery option number four?

Whilst he's obviously talented, and capable of excelling in the future, he hasn't done enough to be considered integral yet. I think that, if he was to leave, the fee he'd command and our being in a position to offer Champions League football would be enough to mean we could adequately replace him.

I also think that a move to Man United would be disasterous for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Would be surprised to see any new contacts signed whilst the uncertainty exists ...... madders has missed this particular boat but another may be along once we get back to normality ........ whenever that is !

I could imagine players being more open to new contracts with this uncertainty, not that I think any of our main squad want out and would likely sign new deals anyway depending on terms. I think we'll try and get Maddison, Ricardo and Soyuncu on new deals in the next month or two.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I could imagine players being more open to new contracts with this uncertainty, not that I think any of our main squad want out and would likely sign new deals anyway depending on terms. I think we'll try and get Maddison, Ricardo and Soyuncu on new deals in the next month or two.

I meant that the club are unlikely to sign the deals during this period ...... they won’t know their budget going forward .......

• Like 1