Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

CV-19 Helpful tips.

Differ your route slightly when taking your daily exercise. If you can, try and walk somewhere you've never walked before in your life each day even if it's just a little side street or whatever (fairly easy for me as I've only lived where I have for a few months). It'll help you feel less trapped by the limitations of the lockdown - like you still have freedom to go where you want.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Innovindil said:

If you have a cat or cats at home, get a feliway plug-in for them, so you don't have to spend £213 taking your cat to an emergency vet because they stopped peeing due to "stress".

Dead serious. Apparently cats have a routine too and if you **** with it they can get stressed/angry. Who knew. :facepalm:

Totally understandable ours did this too on a sunday night and needed emergency surgery just over £1000 lighter and now on low stress cat food for life.

Charming. 

12 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

Neighbours clearly not keeping their moggies indoors here, two poo bags of cat sh#t in my garden every day as regular as clockwork, makes me pretty stressed and angry.

Moggies should be kept indoors at this time every year to protect our garden song birds. I'm having to constantly keep an eye out as cats patrol our hedges and have clearly spotted the Blue Tits currently nest building in a box on the tree. Blackbirds and Dunnocks have disappeared thanks to neighbours failure to control their pets. 

• Like 1

Well done peeps a few good ideas coming ...  glad it’s not just turned into a ‘what is your daily routine’ thread  ..  routine is just one tip to help cope ... although if listing what you do is therapeutic and helps you ..  list away !!  :)

This thread is more to help people that are really struggling with isolation with ideas from those of us that are easily coping.  Another thing I do is regularly ring up people who are on their own or who are struggling ..   I’ve got a list ..  I’m fairly sure it helps cus some have told me so !   I ring them at least twice a week.   If I drop anything off round the village I always make a point of talking (at a distance) to those that seem down for a few minutes...   I let them decide when to end the conversation.   Pass on newspapers when read, they seem to be full of puzzles and I’ve read somewhere the chance of catching the infection from touching them is infinitesimal.  Older people might not know their way round a computer so I’m playing chess over the phone with one old soldier ...   although I draw the line at letting him win !  I’m sure you lot have have hundreds of ideas and if someone who is struggling reads it and benefits ...    then that’s your good deed for the day completed !   :thumbup:

• Like 2

I need to remind myself to put the laptop away. Since I have started working from home I find it's too easy to keep working after my shift would have ended. 

So my tip, switch it off like you would if you were in the office and going home 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I need to remind myself to put the laptop away. Since I have started working from home I find it's too easy to keep working after my shift would have ended. 

So my tip, switch it off like you would if you were in the office and going home 

I have found myself working much longer hours than in the office. I think our management team have a deep seated distrust of working from home - my boss seems to think everyone tossing it off at home. So I'm paranoid that I need to be online for much longer than usual in case someone needs me and I can then be seen to be available!

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

We've had our post at 8 or 9oclock at night a couple of times this week. We appreciate the effort you lads are putting in

Cheers mate.

Not too bad at Wigston, we're the only Leicester office that's outside the meridian hub, since the centralized the work 5 years ago. There's usually 500+ workers in there and there's loads off there, not necessarily for cv19, but maybe they're asthmatic, diabetic or got people at home with health issues. At Wigston we've only had a couple extra off for cv19 associated reasons, so we're coping, though it's kind of like about a month before Christmas due to the amount of parcels at the moment (Government says only go out for ESSENTIAL shopping; let the Muppets at Royal Mail (and other couriers) bring the non-essential stuff to you :crylaugh:)

Personally I'm surprised that letters haven't dropped off much. Despite what people say, there's not much paper bills, the rest is just addressed advertising cos people ticked the wrong boxes. Most surprising is still getting the occasional cruise brochure. Can't see people wanting to go on a cruise for a while!

Stay safe all!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

My postman arrives as usual every day around 9am. Lovely chap and I think he is wearing gloves but just on the off chance I have been spray disinfecting the letterbox daily as he isn’t the only one who puts stuff into it. 

:claudio:

• Haha 4

Routine - I hate routine, and to me staying at home is routine. This is the most routine situation I have been in, in years. 
Always found it claustrophobic doing the same things week in week out. 
If I ever got into a situation where it appeared we were getting into a routine I would fight it.

Also I can’t do this stuff where you try and replicate stuff on a smaller scale. House party app, getting ready to go out and have a party and all that. To me in makes it all worse as you are seeing a glimpse of what you are missing.

Tips- buggered if I know, this is sending me berserk and the only thing keeping my head in order is knowing what people have been through with the illness. You are starting to now know people who have died.

23 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Routine - I hate routine, and to me staying at home is routine. This is the most routine situation I have been in, in years. 
Always found it claustrophobic doing the same things week in week out. 
If I ever got into a situation where it appeared we were getting into a routine I would fight it.

Also I can’t do this stuff where you try and replicate stuff on a smaller scale. House party app, getting ready to go out and have a party and all that. To me in makes it all worse as you are seeing a glimpse of what you are missing.

Tips- buggered if I know, this is sending me berserk and the only thing keeping my head in order is knowing what people have been through with the illness. You are starting to now know people who have died.

That sounds like a tip to me Rob ...   :thumbup: 

Tbh I know someone who died and a load of people that live alone and are not coping well ...   puts things in perspective for me too.

• Like 1

Talking of him ..  I always wanted to be able to do magic tricks ..  but I was pretty crap at it ..   however ...   I decided I needed one good trick,  my party piece ...  to use when the time was right.   Got one in the end ...  basically I stood there, preferably in a short sleeved shirt, puffing away on a fag or even better small cigar,  showed I had nothing in my hands, puffed a pile of smoke out with the fag in my mouth, stretched out my hands, made a loose fist, and with the other hand pushed the fag into my fist, then with the thumb of my other hand squashed it into my fist ...   raised hands ..  burning fag disappeared !!!!  Everyone loved it !!

Anyway, perhaps a good time to learn one good trick yourself !    Or share some good ones we could all learn ...  sure there are many on here that know how mines done ..  but if not I’ll spill the beans later ...  :)