Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

CV-19 Helpful tips.

Something we’ve never confronted before ...   plenty of threads covering it and things it is affecting ...  but what about tips ..   your personal tips on how to cope and get through it.   Things that might just be a good idea and things you want to pass on ...  if it helps just one  person it’s got to be worth it.  

Personally I’m trying to keep a routine ..  keep fit ..   keep smiling...  and keep in touch with family and friends.

Here’s a quote from a captain of a submarine ...  he’s knows a bit about being stuck in one place ...  

A37F90A3-1AD0-48BC-9173-2CFE67F95B17.jpeg

• Like 4

Use video calling/conferencing when keeping in touch.

If you're an awkward bastard like me then you might be tempted to leave it but its worth it to get a bit of human interaction outside your household. 

Not the same as meeting in person of course but better than nothing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

STAY THE FVCK AT HOME! 

Is my tip. 

Cheers Stan ...   thanks for that ...  I’m thinking more about people that are staying at home ..  maybe on their own ..   maybe fragile people that are struggling with it and getting very down ..   very depressed maybe ...   ideas and thoughts to help them ...  

• Like 1

If you have a cat or cats at home, get a feliway plug-in for them, so you don't have to spend £213 taking your cat to an emergency vet because they stopped peeing due to "stress".

Dead serious. Apparently cats have a routine too and if you **** with it they can get stressed/angry. Who knew. :facepalm:

• Like 1

It’s a bit scary how it can affect you but there was an article the other day by J K Rowling that described how a breathing exercise she used helped her to get through it .. and she says, kept her out of hospital ...    it’s on YouTube and sounds quite simple ..   worth looking at.

Routine - no way! I’m taking advantage of the fact I can do what I want, when I want (apart from all the obvious stuff I can’t do). I have the rest of my post-COV-ID life to be a slave to routine again.

I am eating well, exercising a lot but also watching films whenever, playing my guitar whenever, going to bed whenever, getting up at 4:00 if I wake up (and enjoying pottering about when the world is quiet instead of freaking out about being tired at work).

• Like 2

Routine is very important for some ..  me included ...   but try and vary things at the weekend and do something different ...   I’ll be getting up at dawn on Saturday and going out on my own to watch the sun come up and see what wildlife is around at that time ..   deer, foxes ...   ram raiders  :)

Just now, Countryfox said:

Routine is very important for some ..  me included ...   but try and vary things at the weekend and do something different ...   I’ll be getting up at dawn on Saturday and going out on my own to watch the sun come up and see what wildlife is around at that time ..   deer, foxes ...   ram raiders  :)

Watched a squirrel for about 15 mins earlier on my daily walk. I wouldn’t normally but as everything has slowed down I felt I could, and had time. One of the upsides to a horrendous situation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

Watched a squirrel for about 15 mins earlier on my daily walk. I wouldn’t normally but as everything has slowed down I felt I could, and had time. One of the upsides to a horrendous situation. 

There you go ..   :thumbup:

I agree routine can help. I am working online but I try and push myself to make the weekdays as worky as possible and do extra tasks. Then relax at the weekend. Just so I still have a bit of definition and the days don't start merging into one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

I do my exercising about 3 to 3.30 if I can so that when I’m done I can sit down and have a beer as a sort of treat and reward for doing it ...

bit early in the morning for me...

• Haha 1

Apart from the one day I have to go to work. 

6-7am one of us get up with the boy. Alternate days for me and the missus to have a lie in until 8. 

8-9 breakfast hour 

9-930 PE with Joe 

930 Showers and getting ready and playing with the boy 

11-12 somewhere in this hour the boy naps, then when he wakes we have lunch. During nap time we chip away at chores and then chill. 

1ish Play in the garden 

330 - Out for a walk 

430 sort the boys dinner 

530 bath time for the boy, milk and bed by 630. 

7-8 dinner for me and the missus 

8-bedtime Chill out either watching the tv or partaking in some sort of quiz. 

Bed is normally around 10. 

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

If you have a cat or cats at home, get a feliway plug-in for them, so you don't have to spend £213 taking your cat to an emergency vet because they stopped peeing due to "stress".

Dead serious. Apparently cats have a routine too and if you **** with it they can get stressed/angry. Who knew. :facepalm:

Neighbours clearly not keeping their moggies indoors here, two poo bags of cat sh#t in my garden every day as regular as clockwork, makes me pretty stressed and angry.

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'm keeping a routine. I get up, go to work, come home, collapse, sleep, repeat.

Lockdown is overrated.

We've had our post at 8 or 9oclock at night a couple of times this week. We appreciate the effort you lads are putting in

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Izzy said:

My current daily routine looks something like this..

8.00 drag my sorry ass outta bed, have breakfast etc.

9.00 Threaten to go for a run but make up an excuse and piss around on the internet instead

10-12.00 Lock self in office and pretend to do e-mails/work while pissing around on the internet instead

12-1 Lunch and have first row with wife and kids

1-3 Fight over lack of wi-fi bandwidth with wife and kids as we're all on separate devices

3-5 Go for a walk with wife and kids that ends up in a row

5-6 Cook tea and have big row with son who wants to go on Fortnite again

6-8 Have major row with teenage daughter who's done my head in by now

8-10 Attempt to get kids in bed but fail and end up having a row

10-12 Watch Netflix in my office after one final row goodnight with the wife

12.00 Bed

Rinse, repeat... 

:D