Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

Coronavirus: A poll

Can we get a rough understanding of infection rate using FoxesTalk?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Which best describes your Coronavirus situation?

• I have been tested positive
    • No positive test, but I've had a cough and/or fever since mid Feb
    • No positive test, no cough/fever, but I've shown some of the less common symptoms since mid Feb
    • No positive test or symptoms, but I live with somebody who has tested positive
    • No positive test or symptoms, but I live with somebody who has shown symptoms
    • I've had a negative test but one of answers 2-5 have been applicable since being tested
    • I've had a negative test in the last 7 days
    • No positive test, no symptoms, and nobody I live with has been tested positive or shown any symptoms

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I've had a dry cough for 7 weeks now. Started last week of Feb after two days of very mild fever

It was a week after having been at an airport.

Presume it's not covid as I haven't heard any evidence that the cough is hard to shake off.

Just had a read back and @st albans fox and @Spudulikewere talking about the cough, they might have a better idea 

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

I thought that the cough was the thing that really lingered? Not from experience thankfully, but I'm sure people have said that 

That's my understanding too. I had a lot of the symptoms and the cough has been the last thing to go for me (almost 4 weeks later).

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I was ill for Norwich away. Cold like symptoms but bizarrely with conjunctivitis, 2 days later was physically sick.

2 days after that my other half gets the same but with a cough and temperature which I never got. Probably wasn’t that but who knows.

That whistle blower doctor in China noted a link with conjunctivitis. 

There should be an option, "I was really ill with covid19-like symptoms in late Jan/ early Feb." Which was me, my wife and quite a lot of people. Some scientists have noted this and suggested it could be related.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

There should be an option, "I was really ill with covid19-like symptoms in late Jan/ early Feb." Which was me, my wife and quite a lot of people. Some scientists have noted this and suggested it could be related.

Seconded, I went for the 'no test but I live with someone who had symptoms' box because my housemate had to self isolate in mid-Feb after someone in her workplace tested positive and she was showing symptoms herself, but about a month before that in mid-January I either had my own mild case of covid or I went through a really bad cold unlike any I've previously experienced so I would've ticked this option if it was on there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Just had a read back and @st albans fox and @Spudulikewere talking about the cough, they might have a better idea 

My first symptoms started 3 weeks ago tomorrow (Sunday). Initially with just a cough but couldn't detect a fever although my thermometer is a bit dodgy, needs a new battery. The symptoms were mild until the following Wednesday when I got up, went downstairs are nearly passed out crashing out on the sofa. Slept for about 90% of the next two days and had no strength to get up. Breathing was shallow and felt like an asthma attack which I've not had since I was in my teens. Emergency doctor turned up in full PPE, did bloods and obs and said to work on the assumption it is Covid-19. The wife was given strict instructions to phone 999 if my condition worsened. I'm on immunosupressant drugs so at risk. Another 3 days later and the wife thought I was about to peg it so called the paramedics. It was touch and go whether I was to be admitted (I had a fever and still coughing) but they said that if I went in I'd be taken to a holding place for 3 days to see how it develops. I decided to stay at home. 

I've not got any worse and have started to feel better over the past couple of days. Fever gone down but still have coughing bouts. I've read that it can take 3-6 weeks to recover. I feel that I'm one of the lucky ones. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

My first symptoms started 3 weeks ago tomorrow (Sunday). Initially with just a cough but couldn't detect a fever although my thermometer is a bit dodgy, needs a new battery. The symptoms were mild until the following Wednesday when I got up, went downstairs are nearly passed out crashing out on the sofa. Slept for about 90% of the next two days and had no strength to get up. Breathing was shallow and felt like an asthma attack which I've not had since I was in my teens. Emergency doctor turned up in full PPE, did bloods and obs and said to work on the assumption it is Covid-19. The wife was given strict instructions to phone 999 if my condition worsened. I'm on immunosupressant drugs so at risk. Another 3 days later and the wife thought I was about to peg it so called the paramedics. It was touch and go whether I was to be admitted (I had a fever and still coughing) but they said that if I went in I'd be taken to a holding place for 3 days to see how it develops. I decided to stay at home. 

I've not got any worse and have started to feel better over the past couple of days. Fever gone down but still have coughing bouts. I've read that it can take 3-6 weeks to recover. I feel that I'm one of the lucky ones. 

You’ve clearly had it mate and perhaps badly enough to be immune (see CV thread) ........ did your wife develop any symptoms at all ?

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You’ve clearly had it mate and perhaps badly enough to be immune (see CV thread) ........ did your wife develop any symptoms at all ?

She developed flu like symptoms that lasted about 3-4 days before I got it although she didn't have a cough. Thought it was just a seasonal cold but then the following week (after I started getting symptoms) two of her colleagues got admitted to hospital and tested positive (one of which lost her mother-in-law to Covid). Her office was subsequently closed down and not reopened since (they're working from home). Seems this was the source of it for me. 

Well, was ill over Xmas with a flu like bug that lasted a couple of weeks, then caught a cold but recovered a week before the Villa Monday night game but became ill with a flu like bug just after the game that caused me to take time off from work and that is taking forever to fully get rid of, the only symptom's I have remaining now is a tickly cough and a warm, dry feeling on the front of my chest above where the heart would be and reduced energy levels.

Since I've not been to hospital  I have not been tested.

7 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Well, was ill over Xmas with a flu like bug that lasted a couple of weeks, then caught a cold but recovered a week before the Villa Monday night game but became ill with a flu like bug just after the game that caused me to take time off from work and that is taking forever to fully get rid of, the only symptom's I have remaining now is a tickly cough and a warm, dry feeling on the front of my chest above where the heart would be and reduced energy levels.

Since I've not been to hospital  I have not been tested.

Xmas is a long time ago ...... there are some theories that people caught it back then but they really don’t stack up ....... stay away from people !

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Xmas is a long time ago ...... there are some theories that people caught it back then but they really don’t stack up ....... stay away from people !

No, the Xmas bug was just a flu going round then that most everyone I know had and only lasted a couple of weeks, this current bug is longer lasting and caused me way more issues.

3 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

No, the Xmas bug was just a flu going round then that most everyone I know had and only lasted a couple of weeks, this current bug is longer lasting and caused me way more issues.

Sounds pretty indicative doesn’t it ...... there are always virus’ knocking about but given what we know about this one you would be unlucky to have contracted a different one .......(and be over it ) 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Sounds pretty indicative doesn’t it ...... there are always virus’ knocking about but given what we know about this one you would be unlucky to have contracted a different one .......(and be over it ) 

I'm pretty susceptible to the flu/colds, I usually get hit every winter, this current one though was a worry, a few times at night I had to take deep breaths over the first couple of weeks because I felt breathless.

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Hope you have a swift recovery 😀 

• Thanks 1

I've had no symptoms, neither has anybody in my house, however I was ill with high temperature/stomach pain/cough the day before we played West Ham at home (was it Jan?). I went to work as I had to open up but as soon as a colleague turned up I went home and just slept for hours. That's why I didn't go to the game. But after 24/48 hours I was sound. Might be completely unrelated but as soon as in the news it said it could have been around earlier this year I thought back to this.

Had the minor symptoms (aches and pains) over a month ago for a few days, as did the missus. We live in London and get public transport at rush hour to/from work every day pre lockdown.

A day or two before I met a lot of the in laws and their pals for a birthday and none of them developed symptoms as far as I'm aware.

On balance, I dont think I had it to be honest when compared with other people's symptoms but hope it was coronavirus if it means I didnt spread it and I'm immune to it now. 

One oddity- my mate sounds like he had it a few weeks ago as he showed most of the symptoms, he's better now but his wife and kid have been completely fine. Would have thought a spouse would get it if you're sharing a bed, in close contact etc.

Edited by Nalis