Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

Coronavirus: A poll

Can we get a rough understanding of infection rate using FoxesTalk?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Which best describes your Coronavirus situation?

• I have been tested positive
    • No positive test, but I've had a cough and/or fever since mid Feb
    • No positive test, no cough/fever, but I've shown some of the less common symptoms since mid Feb
    • No positive test or symptoms, but I live with somebody who has tested positive
    • No positive test or symptoms, but I live with somebody who has shown symptoms
    • I've had a negative test but one of answers 2-5 have been applicable since being tested
    • I've had a negative test in the last 7 days
    • No positive test, no symptoms, and nobody I live with has been tested positive or shown any symptoms

I understand this is very unscientific as there will be a Leicestershire skew and I doubt the numbers will add up to something statistically significant. 

However, I would nonetheless be interested to see what a likely infection rate is among the FT board.

Obviously one major flaw here is that having symptoms or living with somebody with symptoms does not mean categorically that you've had it. So it's a weak study, but I'm still interested to know.

Edited by Nod.E

I haven’t been tested but went to Cheltenham on the Friday and exactly a week later developed a fever and lower back ache which moved into my hips and leg joints. The body aches and fever were probably the worst of it for me as they were bad enough to keep me awake for some of the night. The next day I had a cough which within a few days of the same symptoms persisting it became more of a cold with some sneezing and a blocked (but not runny) nose. Also felt fatigued and slept a hell of a lot. Symptoms cleared up after a week but my sense of smell had left me for a further 10 days.

Not sure which category I’d fit into, but that’s my story.

Edited by Wet Trump

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

There's no option for 'No test or symptoms, and nobody I live with has symptoms either'. Id imagine thats by far the largest group...

Likewise. 

Disgusting poll. 

I feel discriminated against and quite offended at being left out. 

Mods, a word? 

• Haha 2

I haven’t been tested but felt pretty awful in mid-February. I had a continuous cough and felt very tired. Didn’t think much off it as it wasn’t so heavily publicised back then. Looking back, in the space of four weeks I had been to Birmingham twice, Newcastle, Leicester and Nottingham so could’ve been that.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

2 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I haven’t been tested but felt pretty awful in mid-February. Looking back, in the space of four weeks I had been to Birmingham twice, Newcastle, Leicester and Nottingham so could’ve been that.

A trip to Birmingham will do that to you

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Amasing Nobody at this time of year,has considered Hayfever....!!!

The First symptoms, are or can be very simular...and persistent

Even bronchial ,difficult in breathing ,sinuses,headaches

Relief,then return of symptoms...

It’s generally normal to also have a runny nose/itchy eyes with hay fever which isn’t true of CV.  Conjunctivitis which is more sticky eyes is apparently however a symptom of CV which has become anecdotal as per loss of smell/taste 

Whatever the results on here it’s getting bad. Four of my friends and their families have had it. On all accounts of what I have heard they have had horrific symptoms which in two of the four families resulted in them on the verge of going into hospital. Hearing their accounts were quite harrowing. The last account I heard was from a friend of mine whose last conversation before he fell ill was with a guy who died of it. 
So while he was fighting it and keeping his head about water, his mate was also fighting it but died. 

The scary bit from me is hearing their accounts and you could tell in their voices how lucky they felt to have survived it. None were blasé about it, just truly grateful to pull through as they really suffered.

Ages are 23, 51, 52 and 53. 
Believe it or not one of the ones that wanted to go into hospital was the 23 year old. He was struggling and is as strong as an ox and as fit as they come.

Just hearing them tell their tale has scared me it really has. Some truly horrific stories.

” I was determined I wasn’t going into hospital, but was that bad that I know if a doctor saw me in that state I would have been taken in”

” it was the worst night of my life, I wasn’t tired but didn’t have the strength to open my eye lids ”

” every organ in my body was in pain, it was as if I was being taken over by the virus”

” even my eyeballs were hurting”

” I got up and the bed was soaking like someone had thrown a bucket of water over me”

”I know if my parents got this there is no way they could have survived it”

” I don’t wish this on my worst enemy, I didn’t eat for 5 days, was in bed for 10 and it’s the worst I have ever been in my life”

” I was ill, but twice it was touch and go whether we called an ambulance for my wife as she couldn’t breathe”

” it was not being able to breathe that was the problem, it was scary and you can see why you end up in hospital”

None of them got tested, just told to get on with it. But symptoms were different to anything  else. 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I've had a dry cough for 7 weeks now. Started last week of Feb after two days of very mild fever

It was a week after having been at an airport.

Presume it's not covid as I haven't heard any evidence that the cough is hard to shake off.

I thought that the cough was the thing that really lingered? Not from experience thankfully, but I'm sure people have said that 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I thought that the cough was the thing that really lingered? Not from experience thankfully, but I'm sure people have said that 

I've not heard that. I have Googled to find out but nothing comes up. 

. Can't say I've ever monitored the duration of previous chest infections I've had but whatever this is, it seems to have dragged. Tho perhaps I'm just more conscious of it.