Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Des.

The FoxesTalk FIFA World Cup 2020 Fantasy Football Tournament

On 08/05/2020 at 18:07, Des. said:

So just an update for everyone. I have had to buy a new capture card which is due between monday and wednesday, so all being well I will be able to start this tournament around then.

Thanks for your patience all :thumbup:

Okay but 14 of my squad return to work next week

If us Belgians are staring an early exit in the face and IF one of our squad just happens to tests positive for coronavirus before the end of the group stage then I demand the cancellation of this to maintain the future integrity of this tournament.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

@Des. , how many times are you able to run the scenario until Uzbekistan beats Iceland? Thought you might like to give it a first round go - out of curiosity.

And when you beat us, what then?  Still got Algeria and Croatia to worry about. 

Now I won't suggest you do us a favour by fielding a weakened team, that would be unsportsmanlike. In fact I think it would be a great shame if Shomurodov, Cornwallis, Sergeev, Ahmedov, Prescott and Irons all needed to be socially isolated for the match.  I certainly don't think you could expect to receive an unmarked package containing more than a few pictures of the Queen if something like that happened.  I hope we have a good match, may the best team win.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

And when you beat us, what then?  Still got Algeria and Croatia to worry about. 

Now I won't suggest you do us a favour by fielding a weakened team, that would be unsportsmanlike. In fact I think it would be a great shame if Shomurodov, Cornwallis, Sergeev, Ahmedov, Prescott and Irons all needed to be socially isolated for the match.  I certainly don't think you could expect to receive an unmarked package containing more than a few pictures of the Queen if something like that happened.  I hope we have a good match, may the best team win.

The best team can’t win so I’ll be arranging virtual Team Coach crashes for everyone in the group. 

Sorry.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

So when does the tournament start? Always loved these tournaments @Des. Look forward to when you tag me in a post all week lol 

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

My capture card arrives tomorrow so it should be happening tomorrow at some point :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Capture card?

Im way out of my depth here - are we saying we’ll be able to watch these games in a virtual fashion. If that’s the case can I just watch a highlights reel if there are any please as I’ve obviously got Uzbekistan...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Capture card?

Im way out of my depth here - are we saying we’ll be able to watch these games in a virtual fashion. If that’s the case can I just watch a highlights reel if there are any please as I’ve obviously got Uzbekistan...

Yes highlights are provided of each game :thumbup:

• Thanks 3