Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

A 15 year old boy has been arrested for attempted murder, supposedly shot another school child also 15, what is the world coming to? 

This in Ipswich?

I heard it on breaking news today and wasn't fully listening but I caught the "shooting in Suffolk" part.

Edited by Fox92

7 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

A 15 year old boy has been arrested for attempted murder, supposedly shot another school child also 15, what is the world coming to? 

....what it has always been.

This is horrible but the present times are no more violent and sadistic than what has come before - if anything, they're less.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

....what it has always been.

This is horrible but the present times are no more violent and sadistic than what has come before - if anything, they're less.

Well I can’t remember the last time a school child was shot by another on his way to school. My “what is the world coming to” was a reaction to that, nothing more. It’s a commonly used phrase when something out of the ordinary happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Well I can’t remember the last time a school child was shot by another on his way to school. My “what is the world coming to” was a reaction to that, nothing more. It’s a commonly used phrase when something out of the ordinary happens.

I'm sure it's happened more than once, but yeah - perhaps I shouldn't have jumped on that the way I did, and apologies. I've evidently read too many rose-tinted views of the past linked to critiques of the present that conveniently leave our the cruelty and malice that happened there as it does now.

Just seen footage on ITV news of rival militia groups in Kentucky USA. 

Seems the story is a couple of days old but I'd seen mention of it until today.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/kentucky-derby-blm-protest-trump-militia-breonna-taylor-a9706851.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GfssVO5m7A

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Just seen footage on ITV news of rival militia groups in Kentucky USA. 

Seems the story is a couple of days old but I'd seen mention of it until today.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/kentucky-derby-blm-protest-trump-militia-breonna-taylor-a9706851.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GfssVO5m7A

USA’s version of democracy is likely to be severely tested over coming months and years. These people have the potential to become Trump’s Stormtroopers. With tensions so heightened its remarkable that there hasn’t already been a serious armed clash.

• Like 1

'The confrontation appeared tense but remained mostly peaceful, according to local reports. Police swiftly descended upon the scene in riot gear to break up skirmishes. '

This mostly peaceful statement that everyone seems to be using now is just stupid isn't it?

A group of football hooligans would be mostly peaceful, other than the 5 minutes of rowing they do:dunno:

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'The confrontation appeared tense but remained mostly peaceful, according to local reports. Police swiftly descended upon the scene in riot gear to break up skirmishes. '

This mostly peaceful statement that everyone seems to be using now is just stupid isn't it?

A group of football hooligans would be mostly peaceful, other than the 5 minutes of rowing they do:dunno:

Depends on whether someone thinks the violence is in fact the only noteworthy thing about the whole matter, I guess.

I'd say there's perhaps a difference between these protests and football hoolies there.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I will piss myself with laughter if this happens. 

Tbh Obama got one for his nice collection of guided missile drones, so Trump getting one for his own clear and obvious contempt for pretty much every other country that isn't autocratic would at least be consistent. :giggle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Tbh Obama got one for his nice collection of guided missile drones, so Trump getting one for his own clear and obvious contempt for pretty much every other country that isn't autocratic would at least be consistent. :giggle:

I'm at the point where I just don't care any more and am looking forward to the meltdown to be honest

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm at the point where I just don't care any more and am looking forward to the meltdown to be honest

I can't say that I can go to that level of cynicism personally, but I do understand.

Roll on November - either the man is out on his ear and things get better, or he's not and things get so bad that there is a massive flashpoint and things become real clear - either for better or worse - afterwards.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I can't say that I can go to that level of cynicism personally, but I do understand.

Roll on November - either the man is out on his ear and things get better, or he's not and things get so bad that there is a massive flashpoint and things become real clear - either for better or worse - afterwards.

They will vote him back in, I'm sure of it. And when they do there will be a massive explosion of violence. 

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Probably the most optimistic thing I've ever seen you post. 

No guarantee of that at all imo. 

I've always been an optimist in terms of what I think humanity is capable of and what can be done (talking a million year, thousand light year civilisation here), it's just that it's difficult to get there and there's so much that can go wrong.

I think that the Dems winning and having a person in charge who comes vaguely close to treating climate change with the seriousness it deserves will be "getting better" by itself in my book, but of course ones mileage may vary.

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They will vote him back in, I'm sure of it. And when they do there will be a massive explosion of violence. 

I'm not at all sure about the first sentence, not looking at the current numbers.

I am, however, in total, rather terrified agreement with the second. It will not be pretty.

• Like 1