Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm stumped as to why someone would go so far.

11 hours ago, Strokes said:

Two year in prison seems harsh to me, I get it’s fraud but overall I’d say the scam was pretty armless.

You two need to spend some time on your own to reflect upon what you've done

43 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

A statto oddity...... Chelsea women beat Bristol City 9-0 with 9 different scorers: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54045176

Never remember that happening in a match before, though I'm sure it has.

On the same day Arsenal Women beat West Ham 9-1. 

There's a huge gulf between the men's and the women's game despite the media trying to beat that drum. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

On the same day Arsenal Women beat West Ham 9-1. 

There's a huge gulf between the men's and the women's game despite the media trying to beat that drum. 

There is.

But then all professional sport began that way, and it got better through greater professionalism - which was caused by more attention and more money. So if people actually want the womens game to get better, greater exposure through media, and therefore interest, sponsorship and revenue, is the way to go.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You can’t argue with the builders, it’s like talking to a brick wall.

Brick walls show a similar level of knowledge of world events too, so I can see the similarity.

Actually, never mind, that's something of an insult to brick walls - they didn't choose to be that ignorant.

On 13/09/2020 at 22:01, foxile5 said:

I don't think the media suggest the men's and women's game are similar in quality at all.

My feeling is that the media have highlighted (quite rightly IMHO) that the women's game has improved massively in recent years.

Same with cricket and rugby and darts and golf and various others - all improved greatly.

I don't understand people who compare the men's and women's games in sport. You have to take them on their own merits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

The man understands his base well and plays right into it.  He doesn't give a shit about what others think about him as it's his game plan. This is why you cant count him out (even if polls say otherwise). He knows that he doesn't have to win the popular vote to take the whitehouse. Been there, done that already. 

He might come across as a dumbarse but i think he does and says this shiet on purpose to see who takes a bite. It's WWE style comedy but real. Lol.

Edited by Jattdogg

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

The man understands his base well and plays right into it.  He doesn't give a shit about what others think about him as it's his game plan. This is why you cant count him out (even if polls say otherwise). He knows that he doesn't have to win the popular vote to take the whitehouse. Been there, done that already. 

He might come across as a dumbarse but i think he does and says this shiet on purpose to see who takes a bite. It's WWE style comedy but real. Lol.

That's all true.

However...he does need more than just his base to win this, which is the point that I've been making all along. In 2016, he was able to get just enough swing voters to come along and just enough Dem voters to stay at home, in addition to his base, to win the EC. Does that really look like it'll happen again now he's a more known quantity?

Totally agree that there's a lot of low cunning driving the shtick and that he shouldn't be underestimated - and certainly not some of his friends in the legislature and some of the "militia" he's managed to energise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I don't think the media suggest the men's and women's game are similar in quality at all.

My feeling is that the media have highlighted (quite rightly IMHO) that the women's game has improved massively in recent years.

Same with cricket and rugby and darts and golf and various others - all improved greatly.

I don't understand people who compare the men's and women's games in sport. You have to take them on their own merits.

Don't mind the women's football at all. Most of the games I watched from the world cup were entertaining enough. Only thing that annoys me about it is the BBC's reporting on it. There's a dedicated women's page on the football tab, but they still post the stories on the main page with the mens aswell, for no other reason I can figure than wanting to pad the numbers of people clicking the articles with headlines like " man city sign..."

The women's games got a steady following that's growing all the time, there is no need to try to artificially pad the numbers. It's irritating to other football fans and I'd say pretty disrespectful to the women's game on the whole. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Haven't watched it for years as I found Dawson very immature and quite irritating. IMO they should have replaced Dawson and kept Barker and Tufnell.

Dawson seems like a nice fella but he try’s way way too hard to be funny.To the point where as you say it gets irritating.Tufnell is just a natural.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Then you didn't watch the coverage of the women's World Cup where the party line was 'there's no difference at all really' over and over. 

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think the comparisons to the male game are completely unhelpful personally. People seem obsessed with creating gender politics when they're completely unnecessary (Mrs Vardy's daft tweet springs to mind); most of the time it's to get a reaction.

In reality we should be focussing on the progress being made in the women's game. What used to be a really niche sport is now being taken much more seriously and being brought into the mainstream more and more. And it's only going to grow more, with Wiegman replacing Neville next year. England's potential is just taking off.

With the domestic game clubs like Man City are taking it very seriously. I was so ****ing thrilled with the LCWFC announcement the other week as this is just the start of their growth. My niece is only 6 months old but I can't wait to take her to both the KP and to watch the LCW to see herself represented on the pitch.